Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

still wrong uniform colours please help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> still wrong uniform colours please help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
still wrong uniform colours please help - 7/6/2004 11:00:03 AM   
crazyivan

hi all as my other post i have tried runnig my screen at 256 colours etc and all back ground app are off,including screen saver ..........i have a very fast rig and am running xp with a 98 pro card.....i am now playing long campiagn german vs russia.
still as in the case of last game the enemy all ways start of in what appears to be a base sand colour uniform.untill about 3-4 turns into game after a shut down then reload they start changing back to there real nations colours..........so i have some russians not yet fired on still sand colour and the ones that are now taking kia's are reverting to there right colour.what gives is this a bug i havent had this happen in the last game.vs 6 through to 8.1.........my own side no matter whom i pick are alway the right colour all though my 1941 ss aree still field gray is this right................i hope some one can help'

"The best form of defence,is attack"
Post #: 1
RE: still wrong uniform colours please help - 7/6/2004 8:28:20 PM   
TheChin

I've seen this happen also, but in 8.1. Haven't played 8.2 enough yet. It's not a PC hardware issue. The full strength icon for the infantry reflects the proper terrain, but as soon as the unit takes a casualty and the icon is replaced with one with fewer men, it seems to switch to the icons of another terrain type. I assumed it was because I installed some 3rd party infantry icons and they might be referenced incorrectly.

One time it actually helped me, I was being attacked by a very large group of infantry and was seperating my fire equally among them. It was a good quick way of telling which squads had casualties or not. If they were green they had got hit and were probably suppressed and if they were tan, they needed some steel rain to settle down.

"Conan, what is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 2
RE: still wrong uniform colours please help - 7/6/2004 9:45:28 PM   
WestKent78

I had the same issue in 8.1 when being attacked by hordes of Polish infantry. I thought it was just an indication of full strength/casualties, or my troops not properly identifying fresh units. Haven't played enough in 8.2 to see if I still get it.

(in reply to TheChin)
Post #: 3
RE: still wrong uniform colours please help - 7/6/2004 10:48:34 PM   
Voriax

I would not rule out hardware/driver issue. I've not spotted such behaviour, neither in 8.01 or 8.2. And judging from lack of replies/comments/complaints this is not very common occurence.

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to WestKent78)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> still wrong uniform colours please help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI