Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can not download 8.2 HELP!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Can not download 8.2 HELP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/4/2004 4:29:05 AM   
Jamminji

Ok, I went to the link in the main thread which takes me to gameshell (http://www.gamershell.com/news_BSteelPanthersWorldatWar.shtml) .

I save the download and then somewhere during the 2 hour+ download it fails and locks my machine into the blue screen of death. I am forced to reboot and during the reboot MS scans my HD and finds a large corupted file anywhere from 100-395mb in size. I can save it for info purposes or delete... I delete it. I have tried downloading this thing about 5 times (10 hours!) over the time since it came out. I would really like to not keep doing this!

My system;
p3 500
win98se

Any help...please?

jam
Post #: 1
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/4/2004 5:12:42 AM   
Hexed Gamer

The answer to your troubles is likely right here.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=550639

Or here is another route.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=647901

It appears that you are just having a normal download integrity issue.

Either of the above two options could easily eliminate your difficulties rather effectively.

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 2
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/6/2004 3:17:00 AM   
Jamminji

Well... Actually Hexed Gamer, I am not trying to get a free CD. I have a decent connection when I download anything/everthing else. and the slow 45-65k/sec is not that terrible. I am just trying to find another place to download from because, at least for me, the gameshell and it's mirrors are crap for me. 3-4 trys on different mirrors from US to sweden and everytime it fails (as noted above). I guess if no one else is having this problem I am outa luck till I figure out why.

thanks though... I did know about these generous offers.

jam

(in reply to Hexed Gamer)
Post #: 3
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/6/2004 4:35:57 AM   
gmenfan3

Try this alternate download link. SPWAW 8.2 Full Dowload

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 4
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/6/2004 6:22:07 AM   
Jamminji

Thanks I am trying it now.

BTW... I just downloaded SPWW2v7 with no problems! I think Matrix might want to double check their download stratagy!

jam

(in reply to gmenfan3)
Post #: 5
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/6/2004 11:37:50 PM   
Jamminji

Ok I tried this new link and I got the same result. It must be in the download itself.

Just to let ya all know I just download SPWW2v7 with NOOOOO problem!

Come on MATRIX! Is it that hard to get a zip file working?

jam

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 6
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/6/2004 11:58:36 PM   
Mchart

This is not a problem with the download, since you seem to be the only user having this issue. Thousands of other people have downloaded 8.2 from all those sites, and probally only you and maybe 1 other are having this problem. I would suggest downloading a Download Helper program, or if you have one installed, try not using a download helper program. Make sure you have no strange programs running in the background that may crash your computer from instability, and re-install internet explorer. If all that does not work, then send 3 dollars to 386 Old Walnut Cr., Gurnee, IL 60031 and I will send you it on CD, the 3 dollars is for shipping costs only.

< Message edited by Mchart -- 7/6/2004 10:00:02 PM >

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 7
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/7/2004 12:10:38 AM   
TheChin

I have to agree with Mchart, many have downloaded it fine. Also, if you compare SPWaW and SPWW2, SPWaW weighs in at over 400 MB while SPWW2 is merely 85 MB. A 400MG download can easily be interrupted, especially if you have any spyware, adware or virii on your PC. A download helper will go a long way in helping you.

"Conan, what is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

(in reply to Mchart)
Post #: 8
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/7/2004 2:25:50 AM   
Smeghead

I use Opera as my web browser. If you download a file and it either stops transfer or you stop it you can resume from the place you left off.
I did that, it started DLing and I got to over 300mb. I had to power down for other reasons and when I brought the PC back online I resumed trasnfer and it was successful.

Try Opera it is free. Way better than IE. (and NO, I do not work for the company that developed Opera in any way)

(in reply to TheChin)
Post #: 9
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/7/2004 2:44:17 AM   
Mchart

Mozilla Firefox is better ;)

(in reply to Smeghead)
Post #: 10
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/7/2004 5:36:34 AM   
Jamminji

Funny how 7.1 (400+) downloaded fine, 8.0 (400+) downloaded fine. As I said this gets part way then fails and locks up my system to a re-boot. I have checked and cleaned my system. I have also just download another 300mb demo just fine.... funny how it is just me.

I thank you Mchart for you offer and I my have to take you up on it if I can not get this thing downloaded.

If I figure this out I will let you all know. I am pretty sure it is NOT just me though. I think many may just say screw it I will play 8.01. I know I am close to that.

jam

(in reply to Mchart)
Post #: 11
RE: Can not download 8.2 HELP! - 7/7/2004 2:12:50 PM   
robot

Ihave not as yet had any problem downloading any of the versions of spwaw. Although before i got high speed it took me a very long time. Over nite on one of the early versions.Thanx to m4 jess i got 7.1 on disk tho. I hate to hear when some one has this kind of problem. I can understand the frustation you must be having. I wish you luck in your endeavors. I am unable to help you i only wish i could. But i am one dumb computor player Sorry.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to Jamminji)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Can not download 8.2 HELP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI