Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MCLV doesn't show up in mega campaign list?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MCLV doesn't show up in mega campaign list? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MCLV doesn't show up in mega campaign list? - 1/6/2002 2:57:00 AM   
TheZel66

I just installed Lost Victories. BTW, the installation routine leaves alot to be desired.. anyway, i installed it and followed the directions on where to place the MC in my program directory structure, and i've confirmed its there. ive also rebooted after installation. when i started SPWAW, and go to MEga Campaign choice, i only see Desert Fox... What gives? can anyone help???

Post #: 1
- 1/6/2002 9:17:00 AM   
Alexandra

Are you sure that you didn't nest it when you installed? SP: WaW has a tendency to add an additional /Steel Panthers World at War layer to the directory you install it in, which nests the new install. If you missed that, then what you have is a new SP: WaW folder, with LV in it, inside your current one. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 2
- 1/7/2002 1:32:00 PM   
Krec

i had the same problem. the lost victories is in your SPWAW folder . now just open it and place the files in the mega camp. folder and works fine. It took me a few mins to figure out, i have xp , its alot better then previous vers. but still its not Apple lol
that was the best computer i ever had too bad the game selection is so limited. Way easier to use though. hope this helps

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 3
- 1/8/2002 1:01:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

I had the same problem with MCLV. What i did was to carefully study the configuration of the Watchtower folder and files(which was working fine). I then went into the MCLV folder and moved things around so that the arrangement of files and folders was identical to the Watchtower arrangement of files and folders. MCLV now works....at least at present. I suppose if i did something wrong it will ultimately come back to bite.....hope not.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 4
- 1/8/2002 1:41:00 AM   
Rambodoc

One other thing you may check is to make sure the lost victories.cfg folder is in the first megacampaign folder. I had the same problem with watchtower and moved things around and it still didn't work until the cfg folder was in the right place. Hope this helps.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 5
- 1/8/2002 4:19:00 AM   
AlvinS

Greetings I had the same issue with my installation. I also noticed in the Lost Victories folder that there is an additional SND and SHP directory. Do I leave those nested in the Mega Campaign directory or should I move them into the main SND and SHP folders? I am sure they are for special icons and sounds related to the MCLV but I dont't want to move them until I am sure. AlvinS

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 6
- 1/8/2002 4:58:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

quote:

Originally posted by AlvinS:
Greetings I had the same issue with my installation. I also noticed in the Lost Victories folder that there is an additional SND and SHP directory. Do I leave those nested in the Mega Campaign directory or should I move them into the main SND and SHP folders? I am sure they are for special icons and sounds related to the MCLV but I dont't want to move them until I am sure. AlvinS
I left them alone and had no problems...so far.

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 7
- 1/8/2002 6:04:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Let me add a few points to help out here. There must be a file folder for each campaign in the MegaCam directory. There must be a *.cfg file in the MegaCam directory for each campaign. If you have all three you should have three folders, each one a Mega Campaign. The Desert Fox-41
Lost Victories
Operation Watchtower-41 You can actually change those names if you wish. Whatever you do, you must have three *.cfg files that have the exact same name as the file folder.
These three cfg files are what the game looks for to find the Mega Campaign. For example, let me take Watchtower as an example. Your file folder should read: Operation Watchtower 42 The Cfg file should also be named Operation Watchtower 42. It should be EXACTLY the same as the name of the file folder. The Operation Watchtower cfg file is actually a text file so you can open it with notepad. Inside it should read: Operation Watchtower 42 In other words, the name must be exactly the same in all cases. Folder: Operation Watchtower 42
CFG file: Operation Watchtower 42.cfg
Content of CFG File: Operation Watchtower 42 So if you don't see three cfg files in your megacam directory, one corrsponding to each file folder, that may be the reason you are not seeing it in the list. If not, look for it inside the appropriate megacam folder. If you can't find it, you can make your own. Simply open notepad.
Type in the name of the file folder.
Save as "Operation Watchtower 42.cfg" Remember, you MUST put a .cfg extension on it. Otherwise, it appears as only a text file and won't work. I hope this helps. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 8
- 1/8/2002 6:18:00 AM   
AlvinS

Everything is working fine now. I left the SND and SHP alone and just move the items suggested. Thanks for the help. AlvinS

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 9
- 1/9/2002 1:21:00 AM   
TheZel66

Thanks for all the help on the issue. It solved my problem...

(in reply to TheZel66)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MCLV doesn't show up in mega campaign list? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI