Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More Digital River fun and games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> More Digital River fun and games Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 3:43:53 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

Who are these guys? Digital River I mean? Based on all I have read on this board I wouldn't trust them with going to corner store and buying a box of matches for me let alone handling "e-business" store selling my products, and handling my money (now I am talking from Matrix POV).

After all others, now it seems it's my turn to go thru "doing business" with those bozos...

There seems to be a problem when buying WITP via DD from my country (Croatia). I guess problem exists with other countries as well.

No matter what option I choose: US flag, EU flag, or "Other countries", when I click on Add to Cart I receive the following message:

"We're Sorry.
One of the products you selected has been excluded from purchase in your country.

Please use your browser's "Back" button, and select a different product."

Don't know why is it so, but Matrix guys if youre reading this could you check to see what's going on? I'll be able to download WITP only today and tomorrow, and I hope this will be resolved by then... I don't know what does it matter where I'm downloading the game from as long as I pay in US dollars or Euros, and my credit card (AMex, MasterCard) is OK, right?

PS. Croatia is not in the EU (yet) so I guess "Other countries" should be the correct option.

PPS. Also, up te some days ago I WAS able to put items in cart (though I never did actual buying) so I guess those "e-business gurus" from DR changed something in their procedures very very recently.

Matrix, I want to give you the money for this game, I live in a country that is not under any restrictions doing business with US, so please would you let me buy the game?

Oleg

Post #: 1
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 3:50:04 PM   
freeboy

I have received atd, campaigns across the danube and now witp with dr... and have had no problems so I do not wish for any "correction" before ggwaw or bin come out..

Thanks all the same for your post.. not trying to flame you

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 2
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 3:54:19 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

This doesn't only creates problem for Oleg because we agreed to get the 2x WitP together just like we bought UV (Oleg and I live in same town, know each other personally and play many many PBEMs for several wargames we bought simultanously).

Now I as well am unable to get WitP because of this strange issue...

Leo "Apollo11"

Post #: 3
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 4:04:50 PM   
pfnognoff

AAAAAA!!!!!!!! RGH

I was waiting for a week to finish some important things before I submerge myself into Pacific War, and now all I get is this same stupid message!

Hope this will be resolved quickly.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 4
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 4:13:25 PM   
Pascal_slith

Simple solution, guys. Indicate you are in another country that is not in the EU, like the US. The only problem is getting the CD. If you want, send me a private message and we can find a solution for that too. I live in Switzerland (non-EU).

< Message edited by Pascal -- 7/8/2004 3:15:35 PM >

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to pfnognoff)
Post #: 5
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 5:01:55 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pascal

Simple solution, guys. Indicate you are in another country that is not in the EU, like the US. The only problem is getting the CD. If you want, send me a private message and we can find a solution for that too. I live in Switzerland (non-EU).

How do you "indicate" you're in another country? Did you manage to buy the game?

I guess moronic DR server identifies your PC using the IP address (which is mega idiotic way of identifying anyone on the internet cause I could be using h4X0r techniques to hide my IP or use the one from different country but lets not go there). I was in Holland last week, so I should have bought the game then? Stupid.

Digital River = idiots. Someone said DR is actually a European company? If so, they are doubly stupid, cause one would expect them to know various EU/non EU/whatever nuances when doing business on the net.

Never had experience this bad when buying online. And they don't even have to SEND me the physical product! Just to let me download the ones and zeros.

Oleg

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 6
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 5:24:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

Oleg, et. al.

Thanks for the report, we'll check into this today. Please all of you who are having this problem, e-mail us at support@matrixgames.com so that we can follow up with you and refer you to Digital River if needed. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 7
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 8:04:04 PM   
gunnergoz

Are these guys great, or what?

"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 10:52:09 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

Are these guys great, or what?

What guys?

I still can't dload, pardon, I can't *BUY* the friggen game.

Unbelievable.

I don't consider Matrix responsible for this debacle, but I would certainly re-think my partnership with these idiots from DR if I were Matrix.

O.

(in reply to gunnergoz)
Post #: 9
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 11:02:23 PM   
koolio

Posted this a few days ago in the cd on demand thread.

I ran into an error trying to use american express for war in the pacific for canada?

(This credit card type is not valid for processing a transaction in this currency.
Please use your browser's "Back" button, enter a different credit card type, and submit again)

"" Reference above at checkout it listed the cost in canadian funds since i chose the Canadian flag as my order country.""

I hav'nt tried again yet. I may try one more time,may not. Its not worth the hassle getting error messages trying to buy something online. That normally does indicate there sloppy right there with there order process. Sloppy trying to give them money,how much can you trust them with your credit card info being on record for years.

Post #: 10
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 11:08:36 PM   
Mr.Frag

AMEX in Canada is well known for not paying online merchants. Don't blame DR for telling you to use a REAL credit card.

(in reply to koolio)
Post #: 11
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 11:11:36 PM   
Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

I agree there have been more rough spots than we were hoping for, but we're working on each one with DR and expect to have them squared away soon. Once fixed, they will remain fixed. If you are having problems, please e-mail us at support@matrixgames.com as it's easier for us to follow-up with you through that method than through forum posts or private messages.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to koolio)
Post #: 12
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 11:24:19 PM   
koolio

Well i have never had a problem with amex from canada ordering from at least 5 different online stores over 20 times in the past from mainly the U.S.. I have never heard of amex in canada defaulting on there online purchases by there card holders either so yes i blame the DR ordering process not amex canada.
I find it very hard to belive what you said. Amex's repuatation would be dirt if they never did what they were contracted and obligated to do as a financial institution. It just does'nt sound within the bounds of realism.

Oh i missed the green smiley at the end of your post. So i'd guess you were joking ?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

AMEX in Canada is well known for not paying online merchants. Don't blame DR for telling you to use a REAL credit card.

< Message edited by koolio -- 7/8/2004 9:26:07 PM >

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 13
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/8/2004 11:27:13 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

I agree there have been more rough spots than we were hoping for, but we're working on each one with DR and expect to have them squared away soon. Once fixed, they will remain fixed. If you are having problems, please e-mail us at support@matrixgames.com as it's easier for us to follow-up with you through that method than through forum posts or private messages.

Regards,

- Erik

Hmmm, you have "rough spots" with product as niche oriented as WITP? - I wonder what sort of deluge with customer complaints would you get in case you released something as popular as Warcraft or Unreal or any similar title.

Just make the game "buyable" and downloadable tomorrow, or I'll really be tempted to start my own private web crusade vs. Digital River. Not being able to buy the game tomorrow translates into NOT being able to play WITP for a month or so (unplanned, needless to say), and it'll really make me pissed (doubly so, because of the really bizarre situation - I have valid credit card ready and will pay any price, but idiots refuse to let me have the product)

Oleg

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 14
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 12:29:33 AM   
Marc von Martial

Oleg, I can understand your dissapointment but also please keep in mind that we do 99% of our sales without any problems at all.

All the people that have absolutly no problem with ordering from Digital River are not going to post here though

I forwarded you credit card problem to DR and expect to hear from them later today or tommorow.

Post #: 15
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 12:48:57 AM   
Subchaser

Oleg, first time I also received that ‘blah-blah-your country etc’ message, when I did try it for the second time –everything went right, I bought and downloaded the game, it took 2 hours. BTW as you might remember my Sparrow hills are not in Michigan… Good luck!

Post #: 16
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 1:57:20 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
Oleg, I can understand your dissapointment but also please keep in mind that we do 99% of our sales without any problems at all.

All the people that have absolutly no problem with ordering from Digital River are not going to post here though

Yes, so? That's like saying 99% of the people on the planet had no problems with Saddam, so he must have been a good man? Well, those 1% he tortured, gassed etc. - bad luck for them.

DR are idiots, and anyone using their services, either as customer or provider, should re-think their decision. I've done far too many web transactions in my life, and have seen far too many web shops, and I believe I can recognise bad business when I see one. I am not saying this based solely on my own experience - read some of the previous posts (by other posters) as well (Euros, VAT issues etc.)

And I wouldn't agree about your "99% satisfied customers" - I am certainly not the first one here on the board feeling pissed by unusual or amateurish DR web shop practices. And I'd bet I won't be the last one either.

BTW I immediatelly mailed DR customer service directly and am still awaiting their reply. That was like 10 hours ago. In the world of E-BUSINESS, where I give DOLLARS to buy actual PRODUCTS, I expect reply within an hour. Heck any local "developer and his dog" company will get back to you sooner than that, not to mention indian outsourcing shops .

The wait continues, customer dissatifaction grows

PS. Marc, if you want to experience some of the DR amateurishness for yourself, click on the "Coming soon" cathegory under any of the flags and tell me what you see...

See below... would you trust these people with your money, or to paraphrase popular question, would you buy a used Yamato BB from these guys?

Oleg

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 17
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 3:29:46 AM   
geozero

D/L WitP a few days ago, and the patch works great... love the graphics and the game play... no problem here.. gotta love it...

JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.

Post #: 18
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 4:04:33 AM   
koolio

I got the order to go through this time by choosing the U.S. flag instead of canadian flag where i live at as suggested by the order process which changed the currency being used from canadian to american. Apparently DR does'nt know what to do with canadian currency or currency from the country of origon even though they ask you to use your countrys flag of origon which lists the price in canadian funds in the order process with amex.

Thats a bug i think or at least something they should look at to resolve frustrations and give a slightly more informative error message for at least.

There present error message
(This credit card type is not valid for processing a transaction in this currency. Please use your browser's "Back" button, enter a different credit card type, and submit again)
although telling what is happening does'nt make sense to a reasonable person me as why there should be a problem with amex aand using canadian currency as told to do in the order process.

< Message edited by koolio -- 7/9/2004 2:09:56 AM >

(in reply to geozero)
Post #: 19
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 4:09:58 AM   
David Heath

Hi Oleg

I must say that DR has done a great job by us in many ways. Erik and I are changing a lot of the store feautes so it might very well be us that did something. In any case Oleg we are on the job and I am personally looking into your problem. Let me also say we are sorry you are having a problem and we do not just want 99% of our customers happy but all 100%.

David

< Message edited by David Heath -- 7/8/2004 9:18:46 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 12:55:41 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Hi Oleg

I must say that DR has done a great job by us in many ways. Erik and I are changing a lot of the store feautes so it might very well be us that did something. In any case Oleg we are on the job and I am personally looking into your problem. Let me also say we are sorry you are having a problem and we do not just want 99% of our customers happy but all 100%.

David

24 hours passed and the problem is still there... I sincerely hope that this will be fixed today (because no WitP this summer otherwise)...

Thanks for your effort and involvement David (I will keep my fingers crossed)!

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 21
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 3:34:48 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

* bump *

I will bump this until it's solved.

Fantastic imcompetence.

O.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 22
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 6:15:28 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

* bump *

Fantastic imcompetence.

O.

Maybe they will sove it faster if you start stomping with your foot too .

We´re working on this and you´ll be notified when we have a solution here.

Post #: 23
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 6:22:04 PM   
The Gnome

quote:

* bump *

Fantastic imcompetence.

Geeze, I'd be angry at not being able to play too, but acting like a child isn't going to get you your game any faster. Matrix seems like they're trying to solve your problem as quickly as they can, do you think calling them names will expidite the situation?

Post #: 24
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 8:33:59 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Gnome

quote:

* bump *

Fantastic imcompetence.

Geeze, I'd be angry at not being able to play too, but acting like a child isn't going to get you your game any faster. Matrix seems like they're trying to solve your problem as quickly as they can, do you think calling them names will expidite the situation?

No, but it will help me relieve my frustration

I will be leaving the fast connection in few hours. If I don't get the game by then I won't be able to play it for a month or so.

But OK, we're grown ups, so if I can't play WITP this summer - no biggie, yes? I'll play it when I get back, yes?

Frankly, I'd agree with that reasoning, but I am perfectly SURE this problem is solvable by couple of clicks in the web store config web interface. I know how these things are done usually. So this episode translates into gross incompetence or gross laziness on DR/Matrix side (I was ready to accuse solely DR but I am not sure anymore).

Since I can't play the game, I can't BUY the game, I can't download the game, DR does not reply to my mails, childish bitchin' is about the only option left, I'm sure you'll understand

O.

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 25
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 8:50:22 PM   
The Gnome

quote:

quote:

quote:

* bump *

Fantastic imcompetence.

No, but it will help me relieve my frustration

I will be leaving the fast connection in few hours. If I don't get the game by then I won't be able to play it for a month or so.

But OK, we're grown ups, so if I can't play WITP this summer - no biggie, yes? I'll play it when I get back, yes?

Frankly, I'd agree with that reasoning, but I am perfectly SURE this problem is solvable by couple of clicks in the web store config web interface. I know how these things are done usually. So this episode translates into gross incompetence or gross laziness on DR/Matrix side (I was ready to accuse solely DR but I am not sure anymore).

Since I can't play the game, I can't BUY the game, I can't download the game, DR does not reply to my mails, childish bitchin' is about the only option left, I'm sure you'll understand

O.

One of us could download it for you, burn and mail you a CD, and email you the serial number. You could then paypal us the cost of the game plus shipping. I'm more then willing to help if this is possible.

Post #: 26
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 8:52:30 PM   
Scott_USN

I sympathize with you Oleg after few years the last few weeks were the worse of the wait. Childish or not (and I do not think you are) it is a pain to have to wait again I would imagine. I disagree with rude comments about acting like child. It is always so much easier to say such things when a person is not the one waiting.

Your complaints were well founded and well said.

Good luck to you and I think it should have been as simple as taking 10 mins to fix but obviously DR felt they had better things to do.

< Message edited by Scott_USN -- 7/9/2004 6:53:11 PM >

Post #: 27
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 9:27:05 PM   
koolio

Matrix it would be nice if one of you noted you took note of my problem in the thread at least as well.
Only because i went ignored for 3 days and finally got around the problem and i still see i am being ignored even after bothering to post the solution to try to help. Just leaves a bad taste as if customer service is non existent unless your names Oleg of course or another well known person instead of a first time matrix customer.

Anyways im just venting at being and feeling ignored all through the process. If thats the feeling thats trying to be conveyed to new customers your doing well. Since i doubt it is it would'nt hurt to remind yourselves to remind yourselves to try to treat all customers well even when your under pressure.

(in reply to Scott_USN)
Post #: 28
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 9:58:05 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

One of us could download it for you, burn and mail you a CD, and email you the serial number. You could then paypal us the cost of the game plus shipping. I'm more then willing to help if this is possible.

Thank you very much for the offer, but it's kinda beside the point. I do have many friends, mail pals, and PBEM partners in the USA and getting the game via them would be no problem (except for the waiting part).

But try to understand how stupid DR and Matrix make me feel. It's like I WANT to force feed my hard earned 70 bucks down their throats and they refuse to accept them! I do not expect anything material from them - no CD, no box, nothing, just a right to download bunch of good ole ones and zeros! We're talking about mid-90s Internet technology here.

They just have to make coupla clicks on the web interface, open their hand and take my money. That's it. No shipping, No handling, nothing material, no physical work at all.

Yet, they are unable, or unwilling, or incapable of doing that.

So, your offer for help is much appreciated, but right now it's beside the point frankly. If they can't, or won't make the game buyable for me, why would I (and you) go to a great lengths trying to *force* them to accept my money?

That's not the way business is done.

O.

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 29
RE: More Digital River fun and games - 7/9/2004 10:05:37 PM   
Subchaser

quote:

But try to understand how stupid DR and Matrix make me feel. It's like I WANT to force feed my hard earned 70 bucks down their throats and they refuse to accept them! I do not expect anything material from them - no CD, no box, nothing, just a right to download bunch of good ole ones and zeros! We're talking about mid-90s Internet technology here.

I think this is a way too rough. I feel your pain and agree with your points, but please… do not act like this. I bet Matrix guys are working on your problem and this way or another it will be solved and you’ll get WitP soon…

After such DR bashing I just can’t imagine what do you think about Microsoft

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> More Digital River fun and games Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI