Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Good old Squad Leader

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Good old Squad Leader Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Good old Squad Leader - 1/6/2002 8:36:00 PM   
chpo

I would guess that there are quite a number of fans here of the old Avalon Hill game "Squad Leader". SPWAW is probably as close as you get on the computer. I found at least two Squad Leader scenarios with the game, "Breakout from Borisov" and "Chateau Quesnoy". Does anyone know if there are anymore SL scenarios available and if so, where? /Christopher

Electronic soldiers leave no electronic widows
Post #: 1
- 1/6/2002 9:21:00 PM   
Figmo

Funny you should ask that!! I've made it my goal to find and get as many SL scenario made into the game as I can - many of these are made by different people. The scenarios are all over the place in the different SP games and sites. Here's a quick list: In SPWaW: Breakout From Borisov - SL #20
Counterstroke At Stonne - SL #28
HILL 621 - SL #5
Road To Kozani Pass - SL #208
The Paw of the Tiger - SL #14
Sacrifice of Polish Armor - SL #201
Sweep for Bordj Toum Bridge - SL #39
A Winter Melee - SL #19 I have most of these and can send them to you. In other SP games including SP1: Hube's Pocket - SL #15
Rehearsal for Crete - SL #32
Sowchos 79 - SL #16
Action At Kommerscheidt - SL #43
The Akrotiri Peninsula Defense - SL #209
A series on the Guards counter attack - SL #1,2 & 3 There is an entire series on KampGroup Piper
and many others that I don't have. If you have one you want done - let me know and I'll try to do it. I'm currently working on Road to Wilts - SL #12. Also, none of these have been updated to Ver 7.0 - I'm going to do that soon.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 2
- 1/6/2002 9:26:00 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Well the Squad Leader Part is easy, yes there are lots of us in here.
I might even be one of the individuals that makes reference to it the most. Actually I make reference mostly to ASL Advanced Squad Leader (which if you were not aware, is not only still in print, but also still expanding with new material). As for yet more scenarios, yes I believe there are more. The Matrix site has Links to numerous Steel Panthers friendly locations. Some which contain numerous scenarios among other things (so you have a lot of searching fun ahead of you).

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 3
- 1/7/2002 12:25:00 AM   
RockinHarry

What about someone making this biiiiig schelde estuary scenario from old SL??! ..I think it was called "Infatuate" or something like that?! ________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 4
- 1/7/2002 12:29:00 AM   
chpo

I know that I could search around - lazy as I am I thought to ask first just in case a lot of it were to be found at the same spot. Btw, one of the best conversions I ever saw was, if I recall correctly, Hubes pocket for SPI. In that map, every hex in the Squad Leader map had been transformed into a three hex cluster in the computer map. It worked a lot better than most other scenarios I've seen. I would be greatful for a pointer to where I can find Squad Leader material transformed to SPWAW on the net, or if anyone would be kind enough to post a map to chpo@spray.se that would be a kindness indeed! I guess I'll just snoop around the net and see what I can find. If I'm not satisfied, I suppose I have better make some maps myself!

Electronic soldiers leave no electronic widows

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 5
- 1/7/2002 7:07:00 AM   
richmonder

Speaking of ASL - I wonder what Curt thinks of SPWaW and the coming CL?

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 6
- 1/7/2002 7:14:00 AM   
Redleg

If someone would send me one or two scans of doc and map layout, I will create a couple of ASL scenarios.

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 7
- 1/7/2002 10:08:00 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Anyone looking for ASL in computer data format only has to locate the software for VASL
which is mindlessly easy if you start at MMP's web site, so I wont insult you with instructions. VASL has all the map images blah blah blah if it will help anyone needing to access to this to putter away at Steel Panthers scenarios. [ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Les the Sarge 9-1 ]

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to chpo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Good old Squad Leader Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI