Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: December 18

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: December 18 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: December 18 - 7/7/2004 12:26:13 AM   
rroberson

historically I believe hong kong fell on the 18th.

The turn is in your box :).

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 91
RE: December 18 - 7/7/2004 12:48:46 AM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

So how many troops did you send ? And how many were historic ? Did you Shock Attack ?

Xargun

Sent in the 38th Div, 3 artillery units and the 104th Div. Then i spent a few days softening up the HK garrison unit with bombardment and most importantly, air attack from Formosa.

I was still expecting a fight but it turned out to be a major overkill (not complaining though!) got 32:1 odds on first attack using Deliberate. With the new LCU rules, i RARELY ever use Shock Attack anymore unless i have good reason.

In fact in the entire game with Kid i have only ordered one Shock Attack so far in 3 months worth of fighting. (at Mersing.....needed to take the base and force a surrender ASAP! backed it up with a massive air attack first though!)

Given the odds, i'm figuring i could have dispensed with the ART units and maybe the extra division, but it never hurts to be careful. Every IJA squad and gun saved can be used for future campaigns + the lack of wear and tear made the 38th Division immediately available for operations in the PI's.

The biggest factor was the air attacks.....they hit the HK garrison unit very hard and disrupted it severely

< Message edited by Nikademus -- 7/6/2004 10:58:26 PM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 92
RE: December 18 - 7/7/2004 2:37:12 AM   
Xargun

Every air attack I use against HK does nothing.. Kills like 5 men.

Xargun

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 93
RE: December 18 - 7/7/2004 4:05:48 AM   
Nikademus

You may not be using enough airpower, but keep in mind too, that its not the casualties that are the most important factor, its the disruption your attack causes. A heavily disrupted LCU is a fraction as effective in battle as a rested undisrupted one. I wasn't even looking at the casualties when i attacked HK.

Casualties only become more important when one is seiging the enemy such as at Clarke, Manila or Singapore. There you do want casualties since they largely represent men and guns becoming disabled.

I just repeated my HK preformance at Manila and only just missed doing it same 2day turn at Singapore (the latter....got 4:1 odds on day two on Fort level 4.....one more digit and Singapore would have surrendered!)

< Message edited by Nikademus -- 7/7/2004 2:06:52 AM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 94
RE: December 18 - 7/7/2004 7:31:10 AM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

You may not be using enough airpower, but keep in mind too, that its not the casualties that are the most important factor, its the disruption your attack causes. A heavily disrupted LCU is a fraction as effective in battle as a rested undisrupted one. I wasn't even looking at the casualties when i attacked HK.

Casualties only become more important when one is seiging the enemy such as at Clarke, Manila or Singapore. There you do want casualties since they largely represent men and guns becoming disabled.

I just repeated my HK preformance at Manila and only just missed doing it same 2day turn at Singapore (the latter....got 4:1 odds on day two on Fort level 4.....one more digit and Singapore would have surrendered!)

Oh good Nik give him more advice because he isnt wiping the map up with the blood of my men as it is I feel like im fighting the combined brains of all the betas at once....

I don't believe he is going to have a lot of trouble with me on the ground in Malaya, frankly I'd be shocked if I held the ground another month, despite my recent resupply efforts. The PI is a different story, I hope to hold it well past the historical date...we shall see though....

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 95
RE: December 18 - 7/7/2004 7:41:15 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

You must be lucky. I've had 5:1 odds and such in a base with fort lower than 5 and still did not capture it..

Xargun

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 96
December 20 - 7/7/2004 8:10:11 AM   
Xargun

Well its been a couple of slow days in the war. Both Air and Sub attacks have sunk 3 Allied ships and 1 IJN ship - all merchies and 1 US PT boat. I have captured Changsha (Not sure if I posted it before or not) as well as Vigan, Naga (PI) as well as Makin I and Tarawa. The battle for Hong Kong still going and it looks like Rob is trying to relieve the pressure by attacking Canton with 2 Army Corps and 2 Base Forces. The men I left behind (1 division worth) is holding him fine and beat back a deliberate attack costing him roughly a 1000 casualties to like none of my own.

There are a few other units in China scrapping at Nanning (I think) where Rob has a pair of Corps attacking my base. Basically its a delaying action to slow my advances down and the units are dead, as they have no access to supplies of any sort.

IN Burma I have Moulmein and Rangoon cutoff from further help and supplies from the north, but he can still supply via ship if he wants to brave my LBA based in Malaya now. My men in Malaya are waiting patiently for some relief in the form of supplies and HQs. Its difficult transitting enough supplies for these units while Rob has used subs, some DDs and aircraft to harrass my resupply fleets. Just now I am unloading the second wave of troops into Malaya and hope to start my offensive back up within a couple days.

Rob is promising some surprise action within the next day or two but we will see... I have several weak locations, and a couple others that just look weak. We will see what he hits and who wins out in the upcoming battle. I'm assuming its USN based along my islands somewhere, or perhaps with leftover allied ships in the SRA / Malaya area. I will see what he has.

My ASW is finally doing a better job. I have 1 confirmed kill and ave hurt two other subs - possibly sinking. My subs are still popping a few torps into his warships as he sails overtop them - especially at Canton Island area where I popped a DD and took no real damage in return.

I myself have a couple operations in progress but will not take place for about 4-5 days due to the 'fast' speed of transports. Not sure if I'll surprise him or not, but we will see.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/20/41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 65,44

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 10
PC Ch 6
PC Ch 5
PC Ch 4
PC Seki Maru #2
PC Fumi Maru
PG Zuiko Maru
PG Yoshida Maru
PC Ishigaki
PC Kunashiri
PC Hachijo
DD Inazuma

Allied Ships
SS Sturgeon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 28,46

Japanese Ships
DD Uranami
DD Murakumo
DD Hatsuyuki
DD Shirayuki
DD Isonami
DD Arashio
DD Michishio
DD Arashi
DD Nowaki
DD Maikaze

Allied Ships
SS KXIII
ASW attack at 60,39

Japanese Ships
PG Shinko Maru #2
PG Santo Maru
PG Magan Maru
PG Hong Kong Maru
PG Chitose Maru
PG Yachiyo Maru
PG Tamo Maru #7
PG Tamo Maru #6
PG Takunan Maru #8
PG Takunan Maru #3
PG Oi Maru

Allied Ships
SS Salmon, hits 1
Day Air attack on Manila , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 47
G4M1 Betty x 18

Allied aircraft
P-40E Warhawk x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed
G4M1 Betty: 2 destroyed, 4 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 11 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Port hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on 81st Naval Guard Unit, at 29,33

Allied aircraft
Swordfish x 6

Allied aircraft losses
Swordfish: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
18 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Swordfish bombing at 1000 feet
Naval bombardment of Menado, at 39,67

Japanese Ships
DD Sanae
DD Kuretake
DD Wakatake
DD Yukaze
DD Yakaze
DD Sawakaze
DD Mikazuki
BB Hyuga
BB Ise
BB Yamashiro
BB Fuso
BB Nagato

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Runway hits 7
Port hits 2
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 4
Sub attack at 28,46

Japanese Ships
PG Hashidate

Allied Ships
SS KXIII
Ground combat at Naga

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 2771 troops, 18 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 71 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Naga base !!!
Ground combat at Canton

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 26028 troops, 298 guns, 5 vehicles

Defending force 24446 troops, 149 guns, 0 vehicles
Ground combat at Canton

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 15318 troops, 125 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 47556 troops, 298 guns, 5 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 4)

Allied ground losses:
982 casualties reported
Guns lost 37

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 97
December 21 - 7/7/2004 10:11:18 AM   
Xargun

Another turn, a few more allied ships sunk. My ASW is getting better as I sunk another Allied sub this turn. I also sunk a RN AP carrying a load of RN Engineers. Nothing much else is happening...

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/21/41
ASW attack at 61,45

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 10
PC Ch 6
PC Ch 5
PC Ch 4
PC Seki Maru #2
PC Fumi Maru
PG Zuiko Maru
PG Yoshida Maru
PC Ishigaki
PC Kunashiri

Allied Ships
SS Sargo, hits 5, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk Him !!!
Naval bombardment of San Marcelino, at 43,50

Japanese Ships
DD Nagatsuki
DD Fumizuki
DD Minazuki
DD Satsuki
CL Natori
CA Ashigara

Allied ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 5
Port fuel hits 3
Port supply hits 1
Sub attack at 116,66

Japanese Ships
SS I-7

Allied Ships
DM Preble, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
ASW attack near Midway at 95,61

Japanese Ships
SS RO-65

Allied Ships
DMS Elliot
DMS Long
Day Air attack on Homan , at 49,30

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 28
Ki-30 Ann x 25

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 11

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-30 Ann: 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
I-153c: 11 destroyed, 2 damaged
SB-2c: 2 destroyed, 5 damaged

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 15

Aircraft Attacking:
22 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on Clark Field , at 43,51

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 96
G4M1 Betty x 44

Allied aircraft
P-26A x 2
P-40E Warhawk x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 4 destroyed
G4M1 Betty: 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-26A: 3 destroyed
P-40E Warhawk: 24 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
4 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 7
Runway hits 4

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
11 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
10 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Rangoon at 29,34

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 13
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 17

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 11
P-40B Tomahawk x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 1 damaged
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 4 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 2 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 3 damaged
Day Air attack on TF, near Singapore at 23,50

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 15

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AP Neptuna, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Bordvik, Bomb hits 3, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
9 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Manila , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 45
G3M Nell x 32

Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed, 5 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40B Tomahawk: 4 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
136 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Port hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
2 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
4 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
9 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Kuching at 28,56

Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 5
Martin 139 x 3

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AP Sunten Maru, Bomb hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 3
Ki-27 Nate x 5
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 17

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 12
P-40B Tomahawk x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 10 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 2 destroyed, 3 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Fairfield City, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Akyab at 30,29

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 4

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AP Manoora, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied ground losses:
30 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Sub attack near Midway at 95,61

Japanese Ships
SS RO-65

Allied Ships
DMS Long
DMS Elliot
Naval bombardment of San Marcelino, at 43,50

Japanese Ships
DD Nagatsuki
DD Fumizuki
DD Minazuki
DD Satsuki
CL Natori
CA Ashigara

Allied ground losses:
21 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Runway hits 2
Ground combat at Canton

Attacking force 19290 troops, 208 guns, 2 vehicles

Defending force 22816 troops, 86 guns, 0 vehicles
Ground combat at 30,34

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 6017 troops, 80 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 2453 troops, 18 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
2 casualties reported

< Message edited by Xargun -- 7/7/2004 8:18:50 AM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 98
RE: December 20 - 7/7/2004 10:14:54 AM   
Alikchi2

I'm surprised there are still servicable AC at Clark. How are you doing in the PI anyways?

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 99
RE: December 20 - 7/7/2004 10:21:52 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alikchi

I'm surprised there are still servicable AC at Clark. How are you doing in the PI anyways?

I have both southern bases, as well as the complete northern half... I'm missing the big 3 - Manilla, Clark Field, Bataan as well as San Marcelino and Lamon Bay. Lamon Bay has nothing there as far as my intel says so I'll skip right over it and attack into Clark Field next - or San Marcelino..

Nah there are a lot of engineers in Clark fixing those planes with dirt and bamboo. Not many flying, but a few - mostly fighters. Every few turns I bomb Clark Airfield and Manilla Airfield just to say hi to them. I also run fighter sweeps from time to time just to kill off aircraft. My zeros are better than his fighters and I can resupply / repair them easier than him.

Xargun

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 100
RE: December 20 - 7/7/2004 11:17:27 AM   
rroberson

2 of my 3 aces are based in Manilla, he isnt quite as sucessful at killing my fighters as his pilots are telling him.

This however is the cause for a great deal of concern...where the battleships go, the transports are sure to follow....but where :)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 101
December 22 - 7/7/2004 11:53:47 AM   
Xargun

Well another day and a couple more Allied merchies sink to the sea floor Rob is doing something up at Rangoon as he has a lot of merchies around there. I put torps into several of them and 2 have sunk so far. Next turn will probably have more sinking as my bombers are easily within range.

Rob pulled a lucky timing op against my supply run to Kuching. My covering surface combat TF just left to go home for more fuel and ammo when Rob's TF of PTs show up and land some shells and a torpedo into my AKs - not good.

I have two ops in progress and one in planning stages right now... I don't have cool names for them yet (like Luskan and RaverDave) but once the units get into position I will launch them. I have no idea where Rob's CVs are, but I have a guess they are around midway or PH so there is no way they can reach the area my ops are planned for in time.

All of my CVs are in port right now sucking up copious amounts of fuel and ammo along with newly built aircraft and pilots... I have gone through my starting 100 Naval pilots already - with most of them going to units that start the game understrength and have aircraft yet no pilots - it sucks them right out from under you. But luckily the KB got its fair share of skilled pilots before they were all gone... I have a ton of Army pilots left and am using them to reinforce my slightly depleted air units and to bring other units to full strength.

I haven't started my pilot training program yet, but will be soon - probably sometime in january as my air groups fill out and I get a few more new ones in.

Fighting in china has cost me 90 HI from both Yenen and Changsha - the HI is gone. It should be 180 HI each, but there is only 90 each and a lot of it is damaged. Not wasting supplies on repairing it right now - all supplies are going to my troops to bring them to combat readiness to push onward in china and malaya.

I am still messing around with my production and am figuring it out area by area so I have a good idea of how much more I can and need to expand. Right now I am using more HI than I produce, but my HI pool is still over 20k so I have some time - a month or so before it empties. By then I hope to have it all figured out and most likely more HI being built in the Home Islands.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/22/41
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack at 28,46 * Sucker hit my TK, but with duds

Japanese Ships
TK Jinei
PC Shonan Maru #7

Allied Ships
SS KXVII
Sub attack near Midway at 95,61

Japanese Ships
SS RO-65

Allied Ships
DMS Dorsey, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DMS Hopkins
DMS Southard

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 29
Ki-30 Ann x 20

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-30 Ann: 2 destroyed, 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
I-153c: 1 damaged
SB-2c: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
17 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
2 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 1

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
AK Hakonesan Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 12
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 15

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Empire Nightingale, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
AK Memphis City
AK Herstein, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Allied ground losses:
95 casualties reported
Vehicles lost 4

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 16
G4M1 Betty x 7

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Empire Hawk, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
AK Memphis City, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AK Herstein, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Empire Nightingale, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied ground losses:
115 casualties reported
Vehicles lost 5

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Day Time Surface Combat, near Kuching at 28,56 * Lucky move

Japanese Ships
AP Sunten Maru, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
AP Teiun Maru

Allied Ships
PT TM-4
PT TM-5
PT TM-6
PT TM-7
PT TM-8
Ground combat at Canton

Attacking force 19401 troops, 208 guns, 2 vehicles

Defending force 23009 troops, 86 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
7 casualties reported
Ground combat at 30,34

Attacking force 5984 troops, 79 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 2449 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
2 casualties reported

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 102
RE: December 20 - 7/7/2004 11:59:32 AM   
Raverdave

He will hit Kendari.....it is the perfect base for Jap LRBs and is lightly defended by the Dutch. From there he can hit Darwin and pretty well control the SLOC from the DEI to Darwin.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 103
RE: December 20 - 7/7/2004 12:13:21 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

He will hit Kendari.....it is the perfect base for Jap LRBs and is lightly defended by the Dutch. From there he can hit Darwin and pretty well control the SLOC from the DEI to Darwin.

SHHHuuushh !!! DOn't give away sensitive war plans like that !! Guards... Take him outside and hang him like all traitors to the Empire..

Xargun

PS Actually I'm not worried about anything said on here, as if planned right it won't matter if Rob knows its coming - he won't be able to do anything about it

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 104
RE: December 20 - 7/7/2004 12:43:55 PM   
Raverdave

Ok ok ok, if you don't want any input thats fine by me................of course I WAS going to tell you about the slick move that will give you an auto-victory in 15 moves but if your happy I'll just let sleeping dogs lay.

< Message edited by Raverdave -- 7/7/2004 7:44:34 PM >

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 105
RE: December 20 - 7/7/2004 1:08:25 PM   
rroberson

quote:

Ok ok ok, if you don't want any input thats fine by me................of course I WAS going to tell you about the slick move that will give you an auto-victory in 15 moves but if your happy I'll just let sleeping dogs lay.

What Xargun doesnt know is he can do pretty much anything he wants for about 3 more months. I literally dont have the forces to do much more then make a skid mark in the pavement as I flee.
That being said when I evaluated my initial position I drew the line in the sand at several places where I would fight to the last bullet. He is about to cross into 2 of them.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 106
RE: December 20 - 7/7/2004 1:15:15 PM   
Raverdave

Yup...............the IJN players tend to come down with "Victory sickness" with in the first month of the game.....thats when the allied player can have some fun.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 107
RE: December 20 - 7/8/2004 7:39:51 AM   
Xargun

quote:

Yup...............the IJN players tend to come down with "Victory sickness" with in the first month of the game.....thats when the allied player can have some fun.

Victory Sickness ? Never heard of it.. Just cuz you always win someone is always coming up with excuses on why they suck :)

So I'm about to enter into 2 no-no zones ?? Hmmm... I bet I know at least one of them.... Rangoon - which has a lot of shipping activity ever since I showed up blocking them from land resupply... And I'm thinking down by Tarawa Island and such... I'm not worried about Rob stopping me... He can land all he wants in Rangoon - just more British units I can kill off early that he won't get back... As for the Islands in the South Pacific... he doesn't have the naval power to stop me... His 3 little CVs aren't worth 2 of mine right now so I'll gladly have a scrap.

Xargun

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 108
RE: December 20 - 7/8/2004 8:03:43 AM   
Raverdave

Your a cocky little bugger eh? It's about time someone pulled you down a peg or two.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 109
RE: December 20 - 7/8/2004 8:19:09 AM   
Xargun

quote:

Your a cocky little bugger eh? It's about time someone pulled you down a peg or two.

There are no lower pegs !! I am Empire of the Rising Sun.... I am growing in power while you weak westerners are growing fat and lazy :) You will kneel before me when I march through your land of OZ :)

Xargun

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 110
21 December 1941 - 7/8/2004 8:57:11 AM   
rroberson

Operation Fly Swatter has begun.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 111
RE: December 20 - 7/8/2004 9:04:25 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

quote:

There are no lower pegs !! I am Empire of the Rising Sun.... I am growing in power while you weak westerners are growing fat and lazy :) You will kneel before me when I march through your land of OZ :)

Xargun

I think I heard someone say something like that on Spike TV's MXC show.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 112
RE: 21 December 1941 - 7/8/2004 10:12:39 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

Fly Swatter ? Hmmm... if you feel froggy... Leap

Xargun

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 113
RE: 21 December 1941 - 7/8/2004 12:41:24 PM   
Radzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

Yes, I read something in press announcements. Xargun, You should advise your intel, to work better.

Attachment (1)

"When they come a wull staun ma groon
Staun ma groon al nae be afraid
Thoughts awe hame tak awa ma fear
Sweat an bluid hide ma veil awe tears
Ains a year say a prayer faur me
Close yir een an remember me"
Sgt. MacKenzie

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 114
RE: 21 December 1941 - 7/8/2004 12:42:14 PM   
Alikchi2

A prominent lady you say? Off I go!!!

(in reply to Radzy)
Post #: 115
24 December 1941 - 7/8/2004 6:49:05 PM   
Xargun

Wells its Christmas eve and the IJN has a few presents for the Allies... Yep, you guessed it.. torpedoes and more torpedoes. 2 Allied ships and a sub were sunk this turn !! And my ASW TFs are working hard to find and kill enemy subs - they damaged another Dutch sub as well. I have also finished planning 3 new ops to greet Rob

Since it is winter time in the game they all have wintery names: Polar Hammer, Polar Glory and Artic Blizzard. Assets for all three are almost in place and they should be happening before the end of the month - except for Polar Hammer which won't happen til mid january I believe. They all should meet with outstanding success as I have committed more than enough resources to meet any Allied resistance.

Malaya is about to heat up again as my reinforcements have finally made it over from Saigon and the original units are nearly fully rested and replenished. Expect more Malaya bases to fall before the new year with pressure on Singapore within 10 days.

Same thing in Burma. My men are holding off superior Allied numbers while new 'fresh' units move into position to spank some Brits out of Rangoon and Moulmein. MOulmein should fall by new years and Rangoon a week or so after that.

The little RN CV has come out to play and is bombing my troops with its swordfish TBs. BUt it doesn't seem to want to come close enough to carry any real bombs - must be afraid of my airpower out of Indo-China and Malaya. If only I had a few more squadrons of Betties / Nells - they could probably reach her.. Be nice to stick a torp (or 4) into her.

Well heres the reports...

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/24/41
Sub attack at 56,43 * I’m hot on his tail

Japanese Ships
MSW Kyo Maru #1
PG Shinko Maru #5
PG Shinko Maru #3
PG Seiko Maru
PG Kozan Maru
PG Hakkai Maru
MSW Kyo Maru #3
DD Yugumo

Allied Ships
SS Spearfish
ASW attack near Kuantan at 24,47 * Hopefully I can finish her off

Japanese Ships
DD Uranami
DD Murakumo
DD Hatsuyuki
DD Shirayuki
DD Isonami
DD Arashio
DD Michishio
DD Arashi
DD Nowaki
DD Maikaze

Allied Ships
SS KXI, hits 1, on fire
ASW attack near Canton Island at 98,99

Japanese Ships
SS RO-64, hits 2, on fire

Allied Ships
DD Selfridge
DD Downes
ASW attack near Jolo at 38,59

Japanese Ships
DD Yukikaze
DD Suzukaze
DD Kawakaze
DD Yamakaze
DD Umikaze
DD Tokitsukaze

Allied Ships
SS KXIV, hits 4, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
Sub attack at 63,44

Japanese Ships
ML Katoku

Allied Ships
SS Sturgeon
ASW attack at 57,45 * Working hard to kill these subs

Japanese Ships
PG Shinko Maru #5
PG Shinko Maru #3
PG Seiko Maru
PG Kozan Maru
PG Hakkai Maru
MSW Kyo Maru #3
MSW Kyo Maru #1
DD Yugumo

Allied Ships
SS Sculpin
Day Air attack on Singapore , at 23,50

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 3
G3M Nell x 24
G4M1 Betty x 8

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 4 destroyed, 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AP Neptuna, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied ground losses:
73 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
5 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
3 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 91
G3M Nell x 34
G4M1 Betty x 43
Ki-46-II Dinah x 4

Allied aircraft
P-40E Warhawk x 5

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 12 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
47 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 8
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 29

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
4 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
13 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
21 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Hong Kong Fortress, at 43,42

Japanese aircraft
Ki-21 Sally x 20

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-21 Sally: 4 damaged

Allied ground losses:
16 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 15000 feet
* I must say the Dutch are persistent. Not very good, but a pain

Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 12
Martin 139 x 6

Allied aircraft losses
Brewster 339D: 1 damaged
Martin 139: 6 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Oshio
BB Haruna
DD Hagikaze
DD Shinonome, Shell hits 4
DD Asashio

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Brewster 339D attacking at 100 feet
4 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet
1 x Brewster 339D attacking at 100 feet
4 x Brewster 339D attacking at 100 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 27,33

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 3
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 2

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Munlock, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Should be sinking soon

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 15
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 13

Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
Ki-43-Ib Oscar: 8 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40B Tomahawk: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Empire Tarpon
AK Empire Bay, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Empire Scout, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Should be sinking

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
1 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 49
G3M Nell x 14

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Shinai
PG Cyclamen, Torpedo hits 5, on fire, heavy damage * wasting good torpedoes
PG Thyme

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 21

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Shinai
PG Cyclamen, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
PG Thyme

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
9 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
Ground combat at Hong Kong

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 38279 troops, 505 guns, 16 vehicles

Defending force 12697 troops, 97 guns, 3 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese ground losses:
532 casualties reported
Guns lost 19

Allied ground losses:
217 casualties reported
Guns lost 9
Ground combat at Canton

Attacking force 21173 troops, 256 guns, 2 vehicles

Defending force 18692 troops, 74 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
40 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Ground combat at 30,34

Attacking force 5966 troops, 81 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 2466 troops, 18 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
29 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 116
RE: 24 December 1941 - 7/8/2004 9:27:04 PM   
Lemurs!

I see you are having the same problem with Hong Kong that i am! Damn brits... Surrender!

I thought i was quite careful about my factory upgrades, but i have found by Dec 22nd that my supply stocks in Japan are a miniscule. If it is not giving to much away, how are you doing in that field?

Mike

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 117
RE: 24 December 1941 - 7/8/2004 9:36:06 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lemurs!

I see you are having the same problem with Hong Kong that i am! Damn brits... Surrender!

I thought i was quite careful about my factory upgrades, but i have found by Dec 22nd that my supply stocks in Japan are a miniscule. If it is not giving to much away, how are you doing in that field?

Mike

Most of my main bases in japan have 30,000+ supply - I just can't move it fast enough without sending a lot of unescorted TFs around - and believe me I have enough as it is. My main forward bases (Saigon, Truk, Palau, etc...) have in excess of 20,000 supplies each. I also have roughly 5,000 at every base I have troops in (including newly captured bases) and about 40,000 enroute to one place or another. I have also begun to preload AKs at my larger bases and send them to the front with Do Not Unload orders so I can quickly respond to any Supply / Fuel emergency that arises - plus while in the ships it does not spoil.
As for fuel, it is the same or better. Most of my large ports have 50,000+ and my forward bases have been recieving fuel since the war's start so they are in great shape right now.

I am eating supplies faster now that I have begun to replace lost squads - as well as fill out my units that are not at full strength - but overall I think I'm in ok shape - nothing great, but it could be a lot worse. I feel I have enough on hand to continue offensive moves in both PI, Malaya and 1 more theater once I decide exactly where and get the units in place.

SOme of my supply has come from captured allied bases - especially in china. I think I've captured over 20,000 supply from the 3 chinese bases I've took which is nice, since supply moves fairly slow in china - at least to bases not on the rail.

Xargun

(in reply to Lemurs!)
Post #: 118
December 25th - 7/9/2004 8:10:32 AM   
Xargun

Well its Christmas for your heathen westerners and I just wish the IJN could give you a nice present, but alas they cannot - perhaps for New Years ? Nothing much happening although my ASW is getting better and attacking more subs and I'm still killing Merchies near Rangoon... Someone must feel that base is important or something

Here ya go...

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/25/41
Sub attack near Wake Island at 82,63

Japanese Ships
SS RO-62

Allied Ships
DD Tucker
DD Cassin
ASW attack near Marcus Island at 75,56

Japanese Ships
DD Yuzuki
DD Kasumi
DD Tanikaze
DD Shiranuhi
DD Arare
DD Hamakaze
DD Akigumo

Allied Ships
SS Tambor, hits 2, on fire
ASW attack at 63,77

Japanese Ships
PC Toshi Maru #3
PC Tama Maru #8
PC Shonon Maru #15
PC Sonan Maru #5
PC Takunan Maru #2
PC Takunan Maru #10
PC Ch 24
PC Ch 29
PC Ch 30
PG Takunan Maru #10
PG Choan Maru #2
PG Choko Maru #2
PG Heijo Maru
PG Keijo Maru
PG Seikai Maru
PG Shoei Maru
PG Shotoku Maru

Allied Ships
SS Pickerel
ASW attack near Marcus Island at 75,56

Japanese Ships
DD Yuzuki
DD Kasumi
DD Tanikaze
DD Shiranuhi
DD Arare
DD Hamakaze
DD Akigumo

Allied Ships
SS Tambor, hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
Sub attack near Wake Island at 82,63

Japanese Ships
SS RO-62 * If only this guy could hit a target

Allied Ships
DD Tucker
DD Cassin

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 26
Ki-30 Ann x 16

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-30 Ann: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
I-153c: 3 destroyed
SB-2c: 2 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 11

Aircraft Attacking:
14 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
2 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on Singapore , at 23,50

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 26
G3M Nell x 52
G4M1 Betty x 18

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 7 destroyed

Allied Ships * 800kgers OUCH !
AK Empire Spray, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Bordvik, Bomb hits 1, heavy damage

Allied ground losses:
108 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Port hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
6 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
18 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
4 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
4 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
2 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
2 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 82
G3M Nell x 30
G4M1 Betty x 43
Ki-46-II Dinah x 4

Allied aircraft
P-40E Warhawk x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 4 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 10 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
42 casualties reported
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 21

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
8 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
11 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
9 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
5 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
6 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 25,56

Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 9
Martin 139 x 3

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
DD Hibiki, Shell hits 8
DD Akatsuki
DD Shinonome
DD Asashio, Shell hits 8

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Brewster 339D attacking at 100 feet
2 x Brewster 339D attacking at 100 feet
3 x Martin 139 attacking at 100 feet
1 x Brewster 339D attacking at 100 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 25,56

Allied aircraft
CW-21B Demon x 3
T.IVa x 4
Blenheim I x 20
Martin 139 x 11

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 9 damaged
Martin 139: 6 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
DD Usugumo
DD Shinonome
DD Oshio
DD Fubuki
DD Hagikaze
DD Akatsuki

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x T.IVa bombing at 1000 feet
1 x Martin 139 attacking at 100 feet
3 x CW-21B Demon attacking at 100 feet
2 x Blenheim I attacking at 100 feet
3 x Blenheim I attacking at 100 feet
3 x Blenheim I attacking at 100 feet
4 x Martin 139 attacking at 100 feet
4 x Blenheim I attacking at 100 feet
4 x Blenheim I attacking at 100 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 43,63

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 3

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
BB Ise, Bomb hits 1 * Was that a bomb hitting ? Or did someone drop a
firecracker ? Either way.. no damage

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 18
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 9

Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed

Allied Ships
AK Empire Tarpon, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Birminghan City
AK Empire Moonrise

Aircraft Attacking:
Sub attack at 62,36

Japanese Ships
PG Shinko Maru #2
PG Santo Maru
PG Magan Maru
PG Hong Kong Maru
PG Chitose Maru
PG Yachiyo Maru
PG Tamo Maru #7
PG Tamo Maru #6
PG Takunan Maru #8
PG Takunan Maru #3
PG Oi Maru

Allied Ships
SS Seadragon
Ground combat at 30,34

Attacking force 6065 troops, 84 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 2446 troops, 17 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
66 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Ground combat at 29,33

Attacking force 12342 troops, 115 guns, 422 vehicles

Defending force 2433 troops, 18 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
52 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 119
RE: December 25th - 7/9/2004 9:02:21 AM   
rroberson

British forces Burma have engaged enemy forces northeast of Rangoon. Describe as the first blows in an operation codenamed "Flyswatter" British sources say the goal is elimnating the Japanese threat to India, once and for all.

JOSEPH GOEBBELS' PLEA FOR CLOTHING FOR TROOPS ON THE RUSSIAN FRONT, ALSO HITLER'S PROCLAMATION READ BY GOEBBELS

Hong Kong continues to hold out against attack. The city has now held out a week longer then officials thought it would...

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: December 18 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI