Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

It there were another...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> It there were another... Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It there were another... - 1/7/2002 1:01:00 PM   
Wild Bill

If there were another Mega Campaign, what area-time frame would you like to play? Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 1/7/2002 1:24:00 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Wow! That would be great to cover the waiting time until CL arrives... Some ideas: Western Allies 44/45 in ETO US(MC or Army) in 44/45 in PTO (Phillipines? Iwo
Jima? Okinawa?) Soviets June 22nd, 1944 to the end Vlassov's army (hypothetical; 44/45) Early German Blitzkrieg (Poland/Norway/France; in addition to that a hypothetical sealion where the player would just get the infantry across and a "victory" would be the successfull evacuation of some survivors) French army in 1939/1940 However, in my opinion CL should get absolut priority and after that MCs should be made for CL. Kind regards,
Roland [ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: RolandRahn ]

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 1/7/2002 1:27:00 PM   
Bradock78436

This may have been covered, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new WWII campaign. More control of which scenario you go to.. Instead of being random perhaps the choice of attacking a certain area.. For TCP/IP more coop between nationalities.. For instance, UK can join US to attack Germans.. Maybe this is to much, but just something to think about.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 1/7/2002 2:43:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill:
If there were another Mega Campaign, what area-time frame would you like to play? Wild Bill
So many options... 1. Something on the UK. From Sicily and up through Italy. Possibly also from Normandy to the Rhine. Or that might be a MC of its own. 2. One of the Russian offensives. Possibly from the summer of '44 to the capture of Berlin. 3. Stalingrad. From either the German or Soviet perspective. 4. Polish forces fighting for the allies. This could mean fighting in Italy, on the eastern or western front. 5. If is was a small MC it could focus on the British special forces. Lots of interesting raids with limited objectives. Primarily infantry fighting. Reagrds, Lars

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 1/7/2002 2:46:00 PM   
achappelle

Hey WB. I mentioned this in another thread, but the idea of an M/C around the British 7th Armd would be kinda cool. Or maybe an Italian campaign from Sciliy to the Po Valley. Guiding those DDay Dodgers!!!

"Molon Labe" - Leonidas @ Thermopylae (Come Get Them!!)

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 1/7/2002 3:36:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

Probably a Russian MC would be cool to be played.We've had 2 camp with the Germans,one with the Americans and now it's probably come the time for a Russian one.But the choice of it could be not so simple.Late stages of war are probably not so challengin' if played with an hystorical view.Maybe the red's counterattack in winter 41 would be cool.Demyansk for example.Or something in 42/43.the drive on Rostow.Or a "Zitadelle" MC?That would be great!!An Italian Mc would be cool too.Something staring from sicily....Too many ideas ......

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 1/7/2002 4:23:00 PM   
Resisti

Colonel, my vote goes to: Italy, from Sicily on. Otherwise something on russian side, would be good. Or even played as Jap: maybe Malaysia up to the fall of Singapore..

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 1/7/2002 4:57:00 PM   
skukko

WB: 'Horridos' Tiger-camp. You know what I mean. Perhaps its so good MC that it should be done into CL. But that will take alot time as we don't have CL and editors for it. I give my vote to this 100% and for SPWAW. Italy 43-44, all countries ok. From Normandy to Rhein, just one battlegroup if US, Mech SS company if German, just change Stugs to two Tigers or Panthers. SS-Wikings -42 -44 in East, but that will be done to regular campaign as time goes on Army Group North -44-45, from Narva to surrender of Reich. Lots of hard fighting in all scale. Days after Stalingrad from Sovjets side. Evergreen wish: Battle of Kursk -43. If not in spwaw then in CL and count me in mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 1/7/2002 5:40:00 PM   
Unknown_Enemy

Hi Gents, Here are my suggestions for a MC : russian : from 44 destruction of Army Group Center to capture of berlin. russian : defense of leningrad (any year)
We need a russian megacamp..I would love to play with these big IS2 against some Tigers...

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Yaah ! Yaah ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 1/7/2002 8:14:00 PM   
Figmo

Is there any way to do a MC where we can choose our own units and upgrade as available - that's what I would like. Somewhere in Europe!

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 1/7/2002 8:33:00 PM   
RUsco

Colonel,
Patton, Torch and Sicily.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 1/7/2002 8:53:00 PM   
panda124c

France 1940

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 1/7/2002 9:00:00 PM   
Warhorse

Well, we must hear from the Axis Minors corner!! How about one done on the Allied Bulgarians??!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
- 1/7/2002 9:19:00 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

Let's see, by theater: Europe: 'Sealion-1941' 'What if' campaign
'France-1940' Either side
'Russo-Finnish War'
'Invasion Norway'
'Sequel to MCNA' (Last but far from least.)
'Fortress Berlin 1945' Soviet side Pacific:
'Return to the Philipines'
'Retaking the Solomon Islands' Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Eric Maietta

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 14
- 1/7/2002 9:47:00 PM   
gbotto600

i would like to play either as the Italians during WW2 or German perspective of Stalingrad

Email/MSN: gbotto600@hotmail.com
AIM: BersaglieriBotto

"This will b

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 15
- 1/7/2002 9:52:00 PM   
bchapman

Italian Campaign, Sicily on, including Anzio. All countries (US, British, Canadians, Free French, and others.)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 16
- 1/7/2002 10:30:00 PM   
Alexandra

My prefs would be: East Front as the Russians, perhaps Operation Bagration, though anything would be okie. Early War - say Dec '41 to Aug '42 as the IJA. That could let you play all around the Pac, against about five different nationalities, then have your core end up on Guad, then switch the the USMC and kill 'em off with Watchtower Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 17
- 1/7/2002 11:06:00 PM   
Panzer Leo

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse:
Well, we must hear from the Axis Minors corner!! How about one done on the Allied Bulgarians??!!
Yeah, right !!! Axis Minors would really be cool !
Bulgarians is o.k., but Hungarians would do aswell or, and that's my favourite:
Romanians First Axis Minor, then Allied Minor against the Hungarians, great !!!

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 18
- 1/7/2002 11:36:00 PM   
Jackk

quote:

Originally posted by RUsco:
Colonel,
Patton, Torch and Sicily.

Have to agree with this one and add any West front action from either side, preferably from Normandy on.
I think a German version of that would be particularly swell assuming the designers (Hitler) let you have your armor when you want it

Jackk "Smile today cuz tomorrow may really suck"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 19
- 1/7/2002 11:54:00 PM   
Big T

I think a MC played as the Allies from Italy, or the Normandy invasion would be good. I'd also like to play one as the Russians as they push towards Berlin. (I'd love to pound on some of the German Cats with Russian steel!)

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 20
- 1/8/2002 12:11:00 AM   
Belisarius

*Italy campaign, from Sicily and on. Should present lots of hard-fought battles. That could almost be a direct sequel to MCNA... *Eastern Front, almost any will do Why not January -42 to February -43 (defeat of VI Army) from the Russian side. That would start off with lots of setbacks (with the disastrous -42 spring offensive), then lots and lots of fighting until victory is finally achieved in the south. *Winter war. *Operation Zitadelle. Any side. After all, it is a tank game we're playing
I'd like NOT to see Western European campaigns, there's enough of scenarios already, and good ones too! (Did i hear 'hated Hurtgen' ) As for operation Bagration, that'd be as fun and even as Operation Barbarossa. Nothanks.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 21
- 1/8/2002 12:26:00 AM   
Don Eddins

Add another vote for either .. Italian Campaign, or Any of the previously suggested mid-war East Front Campaigns as the Soviets.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 22
- 1/8/2002 1:23:00 AM   
chief

ditto to xeno's reqest... ..--..
-.-. .... .. ..-.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 23
- 1/8/2002 1:32:00 AM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Panzer Leo:
Yeah, right !!! Axis Minors would really be cool !
Bulgarians is o.k., but Hungarians would do aswell or, and that's my favourite:
Romanians First Axis Minor, then Allied Minor against the Hungarians, great !!!

Add the Italians in Russia to the list, and the Greeks.
Let's make it really hard the Romanians, Hungarians and/or Italians defending in a Stalingrad time period campain. Can you stop those hoards of Russians?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 24
- 1/8/2002 1:36:00 AM   
Rambodoc

My Vote is for a west front american campaign following possibly the 1st infantry division or one covering a unit under Patton. I am having a great time with the current MC's and would buy any MC that Wild Bill had a hand in.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 25
- 1/8/2002 1:44:00 AM   
Jacc

Axis Minors here... These are perhaps bad ideas, since they need a lot of Finnish knowledge: Winter War, Novermber 1939-March 1940. Heavy fighting against Soviet hordes. Finns stop the Russian assault, 1944. Just a bit over a month, but I think it'll could be hectic (just play Buying the Time and you'll understand). Otherwise the battles of New Guinea would be nice.

Pain is for the weak.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 26
- 1/8/2002 1:45:00 AM   
Redleg

If I had a vote, I would cast it for something different. 1. Winter War
2. Hungarians v Rumanians 44-45
3. Canadians
4. Polish
5. Continuation War - Leningrad area

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 27
- 1/8/2002 1:49:00 AM   
rlc27

Can't believe no one has mentioned Wacht Am Rhein-the Battle of the Bulge-it's what I've been dying to play a MC on--from either the American or German perspective (new MC idea--how about having the same total # of scenarios, but making it playable from both sides?). From the German side, it would be neat to take control of, say, KG Peiper, or even one of the other KG's, like von der Heydte's (sp?). This would be the perfect design sayonara to SPWAW before CL comes out--the definitive battle of the western front. It might also be very popular with people who have not yet played SPWAW, i.e. a general audience. At least here in the US. Aw, please WB!

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 28
- 1/8/2002 1:57:00 AM   
Redleg

I forgot - I would really like to play the Soviet side on the Eastern front. The human would then have to take on a superior force for a change.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 29
- 1/8/2002 2:14:00 AM   
magresh

This is my first time on any forum but I couldn't help but add to this topic. Avalanche. The invasion of Salerno.
While I'm here I might as well give my thanks to everyone who worked on Steel Panthers World at War. I have wargamed for thirty years and this stuff is great. The Gaudalcanal campaign made me smile and the Mega Campaign of Watchtower was like a dream come true. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Magresh

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> It there were another... Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI