Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 1/12/2002 3:44:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Cheers Federico and kgvm, although North West Europe will be England, Ireland, Iceland... (not much sense)

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 91
- 1/12/2002 3:51:00 AM   
asgrrr

quote:

Originally posted by RichardTheFirst:
Cheers Federico and kgvm, although North West Europe will be England, Ireland, Iceland... (not much sense)
Wazza... Iceland not interesting? We do play football you know...
And Iceland played a big part in WW2... my granpa heard the Hood blow up! Allright, I'll stop now.

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 92
- 1/12/2002 4:11:00 AM   
Grumble

quote:

@Grumble: do you think your ideas are so much more valuable than others? 2 Euros = 200 cent, while everybody else only gives his two cents!
YES THEY ARE!
(Well, I can't give 2 Pfennig anymore....)

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 93
- 1/12/2002 5:31:00 AM   
Frank W.

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill:

Now that would definitely be a UN kind of war!
Wild Bill

U.N.??? how about korea than??? cool idea,or not? stuff is almost the same as WWII

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 94
- 1/12/2002 9:05:00 AM   
voyrep

I would like to see a MC covering the Finnish offensive towards Leningrad in 1941.
This should be a tough one as the Finns lacked
tank support most if not all the time. I also like the idea to command the Brits from Sicily and onwards. Voyrep

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 95
- 1/12/2002 11:41:00 AM   
V-man

quote:

If there were another Mega Campaign, what area-time frame would you like to play? Wild Bill
Normandy, the Bocage, to Paris. that leaves a LOT of fighting, very intense, especially the breakout.
You have the landings, the buildup of the beachead, the breakout, the pursuit, even Falaise, if you like UK action.
The mix of units is US, Canadian, UK, Polish, Czech, German (including less than fully German Static units!), Paras, Funnies, Waffen-SS and Panzer Lehr!

"You see, in this world there's 2 kinds of people, my friend:
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 96
- 1/14/2002 4:50:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by RichardTheFirst:
Excuse me for being a pain, but sometimes I get p***ed. RockinHarry, you are not an english-speaker, so no excuse: what is ETO and NWE? !"$"$%$/&/)(/)=?(=?(("%%/&)=
Sorry.... ETO = European Theater (of) Operations
NWE = North West Europe ...thought that were well known Abbrevs. for all us history buffs here. ________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 97
- 1/14/2002 9:33:00 PM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

quote:

[QBThe second one is (2) a series of smaller Mega Campaigns. That would include a lot of those mentioned, Poland vs Germany, France 40, Torch, Kursk, Bagration, the Minor Countries (Balkans), or one on a commando group. Perhaps Merrill's Marauders, Battle of the Bulge, Market Garden, Stalingrad...all of these would make nice little Mega Campaigns of 15-20 battles with documentation and pics, etc.
Wild Bill[/QB]
Hello Wild Bill, I share your opinion that MC should be fun and give us the opportunity to learn something new. My vote for a new MC goes to a collection of mini-campaigns concentrating on "exotics". This could include: Poland 1939 on the Polish side, France 1940 on the French side, the Narvik campaign on the Allied (French/British/Polish) side or German side, the Italian invasion of Abyssinia 1935 on the Italian side, Italy in the Balkans on the Italian side, Guadalajara on the Italian or Spanish Republican side, Merill's Marauders on the Allied side, The Chindits on the Allied side, the Invasion of Malaysia (+Singapore) on Japan's side, Japanese offensive in China on Japan's side, the invasion of the Phillipines on Japan's side, the British campaign against the Italians in Abyssinia 1941 (on the British side), etc, etc... Regards, Christophe

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 98
- 1/15/2002 9:25:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by RockinHarry:
ETO = European Theater (of) Operations
NWE = North West Europe ...thought that were well known Abbrevs. for all us history buffs here.

Accepted . Not all of us are history buffs here although I could have reached the ETO if I thought a little bit (I guess I'm reserving my little gray cells for more important things). Now don't do it again (clap).

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 99
- 1/18/2002 12:40:00 PM   
panda124c

Another thought how about a small MC of the Canadians clearing the Anturp (spelling sorry) estuary, lots of little anphibous invasions. Spelling is real bad tonight. Landing craft, allagators, infantry.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 100
- 1/18/2002 12:50:00 PM   
Tombstone

WWIII, US v USSR - 1946. Played from the USSR side, cause the US equipment kicks too much *** . Tomo

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 101
- 1/18/2002 10:28:00 PM   
lnp4668

Soviet's drive to Berlin. The best hardwares are available during this time.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 102
- 1/19/2002 3:54:00 AM   
chpo

As I haven't bought a mega campaign yet (only a matter of time...) I may not know what I am writing about, but what the... I would like to see variation in the types of battles. IMHO, there is not a lot of variation in the Pacific theatre - you have to get those japs out of their caves every time. The desert terrain is.... well it is a desert, what did you expect? So, of the MC done so far, I will go for the eastern front, no doubt. It seems to me that the drive to Berlin from Normandie would be a logical choice: You get the assaults in Normandie and across the great rivers, the counteroffensive in the Battle of the Bulge and to top it all, if you do well enough, the assault on Berlin.
Moreover, with US forces in it maybe there is a greater commercial interest as well? An alternative could be the Burmese - Indian campaign, where you have to stem the japanese tide and fight your way back to take those burmese oilfields. Not much of a climax though. A full Italian campign could be interesting as well, but suffers the same problem as Pacific ones: Can you build enough variation into it without getting too ahistorical? My 2 öre...

Electronic soldiers leave no electronic widows

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 103
- 1/20/2002 3:08:00 PM   
Randy

This is just an iddea, but what about some pre-WWII campaigns (I don't know if they would be up for a Mega Campaign). I was thinking about the Japanese and Russians at Nomonhan/Kalkan Gol. Besides the Russo-Finnish War, there is also the
Spanish Civil War, and the Sino-Japanese War starting in 1937. Just an idea.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 104
- 1/20/2002 7:03:00 PM   
Eddie

Hi, I'd like to see something like D-Day to Berlin or even better, an italian campaign, probablay starting in North Africa, to recreate the landings at Sicily

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 105
- 1/20/2002 10:30:00 PM   
scimitar

By order of preferences:
Historicals:
1) France 1944 (Allied side)
2) France 1940 (German side)
3) Winter war (Finnish side)
Hypotheticals:
4) Operation Sealion (German side)
5) WWIII 1946 (Allied OR Russian side) Like Randy, I think Spanish Civil War could be a good idea too... [ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: scimitar ]

Pour une dent toute la gueule!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 106
- 1/21/2002 12:48:00 AM   
ZinZan

Hmmmmm, here are my preferences for a possible next MC, with some comments. In no particular order Spanish Civil War : Lots of nice Infantry fights, little heavy equipment, could make this less likely to sell. Sicily to the Alps : (preferably from the Brits pov) ; Lots of varied units and nationalities, 3 Landings many paradrops, varied terrain, some awesome battles. (poss the most commercially viable) Battle of the Bulge (frm German side) : Downside is terrain (lots of forest, but popular equipment.

ZinZan <br/> Peace is an extension of war by political means. Plenty of elbow room is pleasanter - and much safer. <br/> Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 107
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI