Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Battle of the CD units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Battle of the CD units Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battle of the CD units - 7/4/2004 11:06:13 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

I have already got some Dutch units up there, but longer legged bombers?

Using the Hudsons would be a good idea: no one can complain that it's "gamey" since they actually were used in that role. When your Wellingtons come on-line, I think you'll find they have excellent range as well.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 271
RE: Battle of the CD units - 7/5/2004 12:46:52 AM   
Raverdave

It is not as bad as Luskan claims, yes HMS Royal Sovereign has taken a lot of damage but she will float, and will be repaired. My DogDogs took the brunt of the enemy fire as they raced forward to protect the larger ships. I am sure that Luskan has also taken some rather heavy hits as well, infact i would nearly call the whole thing even.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 272
RE: Battle of the CD units - 7/5/2004 12:50:06 AM   
Raverdave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

quote:

I have already got some Dutch units up there, but longer legged bombers?

Using the Hudsons would be a good idea: no one can complain that it's "gamey" since they actually were used in that role. When your Wellingtons come on-line, I think you'll find they have excellent range as well.

Yeah but you guys are all forgetting two things. 1 I have to get the aircraft there, and 2 it costs PPs that I might not be able to spare.
The Brits don't get any upgrades to their aircraft till May'42, so I'll have to wait for the Wellingtons.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 273
State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 3:53:27 AM   
Raverdave

Well if anything the attack on Ceylon has helped Luskan make up for the fact that his CVs have had to retire back to Japan. There is now a big dent in the RN fleet, but I think that on the balance of things Luskan was also hurt, and I would expect to see at least 2 of his BBs heading back to the repair yards. So as where I was crowing a few turns ago that Luskan had lost the battle for Burma, I am now going to have to eat humble pie and state that he has redressed the balance. Things are going to be tight, but with out his CVs he now has to depend on his Bettys, which I don't think are up to the task. Besides which I have the AVG (Flying Tigers) now in play and located at a base that is not in shelling range of his ships.

The next thing that I really have to ponder is am I going to fight for PM or not? Lots of game play with UV has shown that it is best to allow it to fall to preserve aircraft of troops, and my gut feeling is to do exactly the same, as I really don't feel that comfortable posting a large number of Aussie troops there and then loose them. If anything Fiji and Noumea is more important than PM. I also have to keep my eye on Darwin, as this is a critical base for the Allies, and Luskan knows it. If I hold Darwin then I have an excellent jump off point in my drive to re-take the DEI in '43 (I don't hold to Mac's strategy of going up through PNG) starting with Timor.

Lots to think about.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 274
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 7:43:32 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Luskan,

If it doesnt compromise too much of your strategy could you please answer this question. Is there any reason why you have not committed KB to the Bay of Bengal? Doesnt sound like Raver could do much about it if you did, and you would be able to rack up his merchies at will. Thanks for the answer.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 275
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 8:04:56 AM   
Raverdave

I think that I can answer for Luskan..............the reason that he will not committ KBs CVs to the Bay of Bengal is that they are ear-marked for something else.
Besides which he really does not NEED to, as his BBs are doing a rather good job as it is.

< Message edited by Raverdave -- 7/5/2004 3:07:41 PM >

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 276
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 8:20:31 AM   
Luskan

True - and the fact that if KB WAS in the bay of bengal, I'd find Raver's CVs sneaking into the edges of the SRA. Keeping KB split up but "close enough" is important to keep Raver's cvs away for the moment. When I want them, I'll let him send them closer.

Raver pulled off a daring bombardment last turn - copped a little bit of damage in return for wiping out 40 planes on the ground. Fortunately, the pilots are safe and I have hundreds of the zeros and jakes and kates in the pool so no worries there - also the airfield was undamaged come the next turn. Raver just illustrated a weakness in my defence and I'm moving to fix it.

I pulled off a nice mid ocean intercept. Raver is misguided. None of my bbs are damaged in the slightest. That is why they are using the last of their ammo to shell Raver's transports headed for Diamond harbour. I sank about 4 out of 20, but will do better next turn.

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 277
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 8:25:47 AM   
Raverdave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

Raver pulled off a daring bombardment last turn - copped a little bit of damage in return for wiping out 40 planes on the ground. Fortunately, the pilots are safe and I have hundreds of the zeros and jakes and kates in the pool so no worries there - also the airfield was undamaged come the next turn. Raver just illustrated a weakness in my defence and I'm moving to fix it.

Oooooo ! That sounds like Operation "The Nek" went off without a hitch ! Go on Luskan tell them all WHERE I bombarded !

Three operations down and one to go.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 278
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 8:37:45 AM   
Raverdave

Seems like Luskan is too ashamed to tell

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 279
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 9:05:41 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Thanks for the answer guys. Just trying to guess if the AI will have the cajones to try that.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 280
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 12:40:31 PM   
Raverdave

Well seeing as Luskan is too embarassed to tell you all, I'll post the the combat report!

The Washington Post 2/5/42

In a daring move elements of the Pacific fleet today shelled the home Islands of Japan inflicting heavy losses to ships and causing a large amount of damage to the local airfield at a place called Ominato.
Senior figures at the pentagon have hailed the operation as a success which is understood to have been carried out in the early hours of the morning. There was, according to a USN spokesman, little resistance and only very light damage to US ships. No US fatalities have been reported.
Spokesman from the Whitehouse have praised the Commander, officers and sailors of the task force and described the mission as a great filip for the Nation which has seen some dark days in these last two months.
The President is reported to have said that "his is but the tip of the spear, and the first blood to be drawn from the evil empires of the Axis, but mark my words, it shall not be the last!".

In other news there are unconfirmed reports in the Swiss press that the raid has caused a whole sale panic on the Japanese eastern seaboard, with thousands said to be fleeing to the mountains.

Enemy radio broadcasts are saying that five USN ships were sunk of four badly damaged, with Tokyo Rose claiming that the yankee sailors rescued from the sunk ships will be marched in shame down the center of Tokyo. The radio broadcast gave no indications of how many sailors had been captured.

The Secretary of the Navy has quashed the nip's claims of USN ships being sunk and went on to add that he would personally organize a ticker-tape parade for all the crews as soon as operation tempos allowed ship's companies liberty.

AAR ACTION REPORTS FOR 02/05/42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naval Gun Fire at Ominato (70,38) - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

50 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Allied Ships
CA Minneapolis, Shell hits 17
CL St. Louis, Shell hits 20

Japanese ground losses:
362 casualties reported
Guns lost 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Ominato at 70,38

Japanese Ships
MSW Hinode Maru #20
MSW Noshiro Maru #2
TK Ose
AK Boston Maru
AK Clyde Maru
AK Sanuki Maru, Shell hits 13, on fire, heavy damage
AK Shinei Maru
AK Yuki Maru

Allied Ships
CA Indianapolis
CA Minneapolis
CA San Francisco
CL Detroit, Shell hits 1
CL St. Louis
CL Helena
CL Honolulu

Naval bombardment of Ominato, at 70,38 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate: 4 destroyed, 4 damaged
A6M2 Zero: 23 destroyed, 27 damaged
E13A1 Jake: 11 destroyed, 11 damaged

42 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Allied Ships
CA Minneapolis, Shell hits 14, on fire
CL St. Louis
CA San Francisco
CL Honolulu
CL Helena
CL Detroit
CA Indianapolis

Japanese ground losses:
714 casualties reported
Guns lost 13

Airbase hits 16
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 77

Day Air attack on 51st PA Division, at 43,51

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 9
E7K2 Alf x 1
Ki-48 Lily x 27

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-48 Lily: 8 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
21 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
ASW attack near Noumea at 68,113

Japanese Ships
SS I-174

Allied Ships
DD Flusser
DD Lamson

Day Time Surface Combat at 23,24

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo
BB Haruna
CA Takao
CA Chokai
DD Otori
DD Kasasagi
DD Kiji

Allied Ships
AP West Point
AP Empire Trooper, Shell hits 2, on fire
AP Empire Tamar
AP Ariadne Moller
AK Federlock
AK Forafric
AK Hatterlock, Shell hits 2
AK Jalapalaka, Shell hits 18, on fire, heavy damage
AK Joan Moller
AK Kiangsu
AK St. Quentin
AK Shinai
AK Tai Sang
AP Taiyuan
AP Talthibius
AK Tantalus
AK Vitorlock
AK Nordhval
AK Halldor
AK Herleik
AK Ngow Hok

Day Time Surface Combat at 22,24

Japanese Ships
BB Nagato
CA Suzuya
CA Kako
DD Hayashio
DD Akatsuki
DD Hokaze

Allied Ships
AP West Point, Shell hits 24, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
AP Empire Trooper, on fire
AP Empire Tamar, Shell hits 16, on fire, heavy damage
AP Ariadne Moller
AK Federlock
AK Forafric
AK Hatterlock
AK Jalapalaka, and is sunk
AK Joan Moller
AK Kiangsu
AK St. Quentin
AK Shinai
AK Tai Sang
AP Taiyuan
AP Talthibius
AK Tantalus
AK Vitorlock
AK Nordhval
AK Halldor
AK Herleik
AK Ngow Hok

Japanese Ships
SS I-174

Allied Ships
DD Flusser
DD Lamson

< Message edited by Raverdave -- 7/5/2004 7:41:53 PM >

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 281
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 1:05:52 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Those last two surface battles are just so unbelievable. Something definitely not right when this happens as often as it does. Think we better look at this.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 282
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 2:35:08 PM   
Luskan

I agree that sort of result appears too often, but my ships are all out of ammo (which might explain it).

This game rocks. Things in th Bay of bengal are just carzy at the moment, with tfs everywhere, bombs, shells and planes going in every direction and the tension is palpable.

My 4 surface combat tfs are either out of ammo and very nearly there. Raver has 20 transports trying to get to burma and my ships have intercepted twice last turn and are in position for next turn. My betties blew a pair of transports at diamond harbour to hell as well as a pair at Akyab to hell as well. Raver's bombers were having a go (fortunately my aa guns still have ammo). I've consolidated into two surface fleets with ammo and two without. Obviously the two without ammo are off to reload.

The one mistake I did made is didn't set conversion at turn 1 of AKs. Not even sure how. An AR at rangoon, with a few ADs or something would make life much much easier. In leui of that I'm going to have to scrounge up some serious engineering forces to fast build a base there I can actually operate out of for longer than 2 weeks. At least it is making plenty of fuel.

Ominato is the far tip of the japanese islands. nothing there to bombard and the airfield was back in actoun the next day -with full squadrons. Will be allocating better CD units so that won't happen again anywhere on the coast.

Maybe Raver will post a screenie of the Bay of Bengal to illustrate the confusion.

Post #: 283
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 3:01:46 PM   
Deathifier

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

Well seeing as Luskan is too embarassed to tell you all, I'll post the the combat report!

The Washington Post 2/5/42

In a daring move elements of the Pacific fleet today shelled the home Islands of Japan inflicting heavy losses to ships and causing a large amount of damage to the local airfield at a place called Ominato.

You know, as soon as you mentioned that you'd bombarded somewhere and wanted Luskan to tell us in shame I was thinking "That crazy nut has bombarded something near the home islands hasn't he!".

Sure enough, you didn't dissapoint!
Keep up the good work mate ;)

- Deathifier

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 284
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 4:52:29 PM   
Raverdave

Ok here is a screenie of what is happening in the Bay of Bengal
Enemy TF1 has 3 X BBs 2 X CAs
Enemy TF2 has 2 X BBs 2 X CAs
Enemy TF3 has 3 X CAs and 3 X APS ????
Enemy TF4 has 6 X CAs and 1 X CS
And here is the real problem for me.....
Enemy TF5, which has 2 X BBs 4 X CAs 1 X DD and one bloody CV !

As you can see my two AK TFs are running at flank speed but, doing only 13 Knots it is not going to be enough.

I do have two BBs and can call upon a BC which is still in the yards plus the usual Cas and CLAAs and DDs, but even one CV is going to make life hell for me. It is interesting that I have more to fear from a few CVs than the 6 BBs that Luskan has thrown into the area. I have a short term gap in my supplies that can only be filled quickly using sea transport..........the rail lines just can't cut it........but the cost in shipping looks to be high. Lucky for me his LRBs have not been anywhere as effective as I had thought (or Luskan had hoped) and as the days go by I am able to bring more and more fighters into the fray.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 285
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 6:02:39 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Might as well stick around and blow all the merchies out of the water, eh Luskan? There is around 100+ AKs in the area. That could seriously hurt. Hopefully for Raver, most went to Perth and escaped the trap the map edge and no exit points create.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 286
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/5/2004 7:35:54 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

Those last two surface battles are just so unbelievable. Something definitely not right when this happens as often as it does. Think we better look at this.

I'm not convinced anything is wrong. Let's face it, we naval wargamers love surface battles, and are willing to take risks that no sane real-world commander would. (Case in point: Raver's daring raid on the Home Islands.) As a result, things happen that you would not expect historically.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

Post #: 287
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/6/2004 2:35:10 AM   
Raverdave

The next move turned out to be somewhat tame.............I only lost another two AKs, Luskan's CV group didn't hit as hard as I had expected, nor did his surface battle goups manage to score any hits either. Things have hotted up in the PI with the first assault on Clark and the losses have come as something of a shock. I lost neary 3,500 troops to Luskan's 2,500 and he managed to reduce the fort level to 7 from 9. Fighting there is very very bitter. Singapore also came under sustained attack with more losses to me than Luskan. All up he has nearly 300,000 troops involved in these two operations and once he has taken his objectives then he will have all of these troops available for future actions in the DEI.

Post #: 288
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/6/2004 3:27:52 AM   
Luskan

First, the Bay of Bengal. Tame because I was consolidating, this turn was much much more fun. However now the surface combatants were in their 5th or 6th combat in 4 days - they're out of ammo. So out of ammo that when they closed with the enemy transports at Chandpur harbour this turn, they closed to 2000yards to use their AA guns (no ammo for the 14 inchers left!). Probably another 6-8 enemy transports sunk this turn. I don't think results could get better next turn so it REALLY is time to retire these forces to somewhere they can load torpedos and kates.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 02/08/42

TF 16 encounters mine field at Chandpur (30,25)

Japanese Ships
DD Hatsukaze, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage sinks.

Japanese Ships
SS I-174, hits 1, heavy damage

Allied Ships
DD Flusser
DD Lamson

Night Time Surface Combat, near Chandpur at 30,25

Japanese Ships
BB Kongo - no ammo
BB Haruna - almost no ammo
BB Mutsu - used AA guns
BB Hyuga - got off a few 6 inchers
CA Takao
CA Atago
CA Chokai
CA Kumano
DD Kuroshio
DD Natsushio
DD Arashi
DD Hagikaze - was saving those 2 torps for something special.
DD Hibiki
DD Sagiri
DD Otori
DD Kasasagi
DD Kiji
DD Kamo

Allied Ships
AK Honolulan
AK Illinoian
AK Oklahoman, Shell hits 11, on fire, heavy damage
AK Virginian, Shell hits 1, heavy damage
AK Trieste, Shell hits 4, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AK Santa Ana, Shell hits 36, and is sunk

Day Air attack on TF at 23,25 - my little cv group (missing manymany kates)

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 23
E13A1 Jake x 10

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Tantalus
AK Ngow Hok, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
1 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
1 x E13A1 Jake bombing at 2000 feet
9 x E13A1 Jake bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Chandpur at 30,25

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 9

Allied aircraft
Hurricane II x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Illinoian, Torpedo hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G4M1 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 23,25

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 9

no losses

Allied Ships
AP Ariadne Moller

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x E13A1 Jake bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 27,26

Japanese aircraft
F1M2 Pete x 10

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Kiangsu, Bomb hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x F1M2 Pete bombing at 2000 feet
9 x F1M2 Pete bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 27,26

Japanese aircraft
F1M2 Pete x 10

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Kiangsu

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x F1M2 Pete bombing at 2000 feet
9 x F1M2 Pete bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 28,26

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 19
F1M2 Pete x 8

no losses

Allied Ships
AP Talthibius

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x F1M2 Pete bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 28,26

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 18

no losses

Allied Ships
AP Talthibius, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 28,29

Allied aircraft
Blenheim I x 5

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna
BB Kongo

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet
2 x Blenheim I bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 23,23

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 18
B5N Kate x 17

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Hatterlock, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF at 23,25

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 14

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Vitorlock, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF, near Chandpur at 30,25

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 5

Allied aircraft
Hurricane II x 9

no losses

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Illinoian, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:

Ground combat at Manila

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 30138 troops, 308 guns, 6 vehicles

Defending force 10521 troops, 84 guns, 18 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 1

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 1

Japanese ground losses:
99 casualties reported
Guns lost 9

Allied ground losses:
186 casualties reported
Guns lost 8

Ground combat at Singapore

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 682 troops, 23 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 64551 troops, 402 guns, 26 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
74 casualties reported

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 40252 troops, 345 guns, 4 vehicles

Defending force 172925 troops, 1177 guns, 380 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
29 casualties reported

Ground combat at Clark Field

Attacking force 56946 troops, 643 guns, 4 vehicles

Defending force 183783 troops, 1520 guns, 387 vehicles

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 289
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/6/2004 3:36:08 AM   
Luskan

Now I'm off to cold, bitter NZ for the rest of the week so there won't be much happening turn wise from me (all my opponents had better note this). If I see any orcs/goblins/elves/dwarves I'll be sure to rent a hunting rifle. LOTR really needed a terminator type character with a minigun I feel. Would have bridged the gap between LOTR and Army of Darkness.

Anyway - a quick screenie so you can all marvel at my genius (or lack of) on the score page. Raver's score is going to drop by about 4000 points when he looses manila, singapore adn clark in the next week or so.

Also I have a dastardly, devious cunning plan for the DEI - which is called STEALTH BANANA!!!!!!!. However I'm concerned I might be being too clever with this ambitious little plan andmight end up outsmarting myself. I will conduct a few little invasions around the place to take the bits I really want, and then depending on Raver's response, STEALTH BANANA will go into effect.

because of my very variable reinforcement setting in the game, in 13 days I get a massive wave of reinforcements across the board. Not just ships, but mostly gronud units - 2 divisions mixed in with over 15 other units that will appear throughout my bases. This extra force will give me more than a bit of clout when the time comes for the DEI.

Also, I will need to consider mop up operations in the PI - lots of little silands, some with allied divisions stranded on them. Can't really leave them there any longer as I intend the PI to become fortress PI (Mindanao is already looking great. Have had the engineers hard at work for months now, and the airfields, fort, base forces, cds and garrisons are all in place and will not need anything more than a little supply for the next 4 years. I've got loads of betties, fighters and ASW placked in there - just need to spread it out over the PI.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 290
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/6/2004 3:58:19 AM   
Luskan

something to keep you all occupied while i'm gone.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 291
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/6/2004 4:20:27 AM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

something to keep you all occupied while i'm gone.

that's just disturbing

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 292
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/6/2004 4:25:37 AM   
Raverdave

Looks like Luskan trying to crack Wanchow

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 293
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/6/2004 6:21:29 PM   
Nikademus

rats....Luskan is beating me. I'm only at 88 sunken Allied ships but have only lost about 44

Keep sending those merchants forward!

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 294
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/7/2004 5:04:02 AM   
Raverdave

I am forced to send the merchants forward, as supply levels in Burma and the east of India are critical at this point. I am going to have to sortie the RN fleet to provide cover as the old salts on the merchants are just about ready to mutiny.

I see Burma as a real keystone for the Allies defence of not only Burma itself but also for India and China. The allies are REALLY weak and it would not take that much for the Japs to break through and then go on the rampage all over India (god I would hate to be the first player to loose India).

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 295
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/11/2004 12:56:16 PM   
Luskan

Too tired to doa complete explanation.

Reinforcements from Saigon arrived (tiny surface combat group). They had lots of torps (whereas my ships in the bay are all out of torps). This new combat unit was a tiny outlay of force and with it I hammered Raver's transports. Now sunik about 106 f his ships (although now all my combatants are out of torpedos and shells).

Raver had his transports all split up into tiny tfs to try and disperse air raids, but for my fast combatants with all night to hunt the isolated allied transports down (which didn't communicate between one anoyther very well) well, you can guess the outcome. Those particular ships crews and their admiral (can't remember who) are now VERY experienced and VERY high morale. They'll be twice as deadly now.

Enjoy. I did.

Oh yes, and Manila fell and 11k allied troops surrendered. Hhahahahaha. Hungover, gonig to bed.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 02/09/42

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
AK Oklahoman, Shell hits 27, and is sunk
AK Virginian, Shell hits 18, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
AK Honolulan, Shell hits 32, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
AK Forafric, Shell hits 6, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
AK Federlock, Shell hits 18, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
AK Joan Moller, Shell hits 14, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
AK St. Quentin, Shell hits 45, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
AK Shinai, Shell hits 18, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
AK Tai Sang, Shell hits 29, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
CL Kinu
DD Yugumo
DD Oyashio
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
AP Taiyuan, Shell hits 32, and is sunk

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8
E7K2 Alf x 1
Ki-48 Lily x 20

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-48 Lily: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
9 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 19,25

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 20
F1M2 Pete x 8

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Tantalus

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x F1M2 Pete bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 19,25

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 19

no losses

Allied Ships
AK Tantalus, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B5N Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Ground combat at Manila

Attacking force 30077 troops, 297 guns, 7 vehicles

Defending force 10145 troops, 71 guns, 18 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 4 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Manila base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
148 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Allied ground losses:
11158 casualties reported
Guns lost 22
Vehicles lost 7

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 702 troops, 23 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 65060 troops, 420 guns, 26 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported

Attacking force 40444 troops, 355 guns, 4 vehicles

Defending force 173527 troops, 1192 guns, 379 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
14 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
16 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Attacking force 56826 troops, 638 guns, 4 vehicles

Defending force 191347 troops, 1573 guns, 390 vehicles

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 296
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/11/2004 3:03:17 PM   
Raverdave

Ok, I now have three RN BBs in the area of the Bay of Bengal, and I am massing a huge transport TF of some 50 ships. I plan to hug the coast of India to try and get some protection from the six squadrons of Hurricanes that I now have. With the BBs riding shotgun over the merchants and the aircover I am going to force the issue of ownership of the Bay of Bengal once and for all. It will be at least three to four turns before the amada is ready to enter the Bay so expect some fireworks in the next few days as I am sure that Luskan will contest this issue. The main problem is that the range of the Hurricanes is so short that there are some rather large gaps in my aircover once the ships leave Ceylon. At the very least it is going to be really interesting.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 297
RE: State of things in the Bay of Bengal - 7/11/2004 3:16:49 PM   
Luskan

2 cls and 33 dds of mine just took 10 of your transports down with no loss. Even though one of your crazy transport captains decided he'd close with my ships at full steam to try and attack with small arms fire. As soon as my torpedo capacity is replenished I'm gonna open a can of whoopass on the RN. The trick will be having cvs on hand to negate the hurricanes. We'll have to see.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 298
RE: Battle of the CD units - 7/11/2004 3:20:56 PM   
52nd Lowland

Ive noticed you can replace the Australia Command Hudsons for the Beuforts..But id rather have the long range search of the Hudson over the Beufort at least for the first several months of the game.

Post #: 299
RE: Battle of the CD units - 7/12/2004 4:03:04 AM   
Luskan

Let my results speak for themselves. Cost me a dd at Darwin, but it was worth it. Land combats going very very very well.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 02/11/42

Naval Gun Fire at Darwin (36,84) - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

5 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
DD Fubuki
DD Yudachi, Shell hits 1, on fire

Sub attack at 53,39

Japanese Ships
AK Akibasan Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
MSW Himejima Maru
MSW Aoi Maru

Allied Ships
SS Argonaut

Naval bombardment of Darwin, at 36,84 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
P-40E Warhawk: 37 destroyed, 33 damaged
Hudson I: 2 destroyed, 16 damaged

15 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
DD Kari
DD Hato
DD Yuzuki, Shell hits 1
DD Ayanami
DD Shikinami
DD Uranami, Shell hits 4, on fire, heavy damage
DD Hatsuyuki
DD Shirayuki
DD Shinonome
DD Fubuki
DD Wakaba
DD Hatsushima
DD Harusame
DD Murasame
DD Shiratsuyu
DD Asagumo
DD Michishio
DD Asashio
CA Aoba
CA Mogami
CA Nachi
CA Haguro
CA Myoko

Allied Ships
MSW Ipswitch, Shell hits 1, on fire

Allied ground losses:
311 casualties reported
Guns lost 11
Vehicles lost 1

Airbase hits 10
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 88
Port hits 1

Day Air attack on Imperial Guards Division, at 23,50

Allied aircraft
Wirraway x 4

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Wirraway bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on 31st USA Regimental Combat Team, at 43,51

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8
E7K2 Alf x 1
Ki-48 Lily x 11

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-48 Lily: 1 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
8 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet

Japanese aircraft
E7K2 Alf x 1
Ki-48 Lily x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-48 Lily: 5 damaged

Allied ground losses:
5 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet
12 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 7000 feet

Attacking force 169704 troops, 1616 guns, 393 vehicles

Defending force 67752 troops, 675 guns, 208 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 4

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 4)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 4

Japanese ground losses:
931 casualties reported
Guns lost 32
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
7769 casualties reported
Guns lost 154
Vehicles lost 8

Attacking force 159759 troops, 1220 guns, 384 vehicles

Defending force 65986 troops, 447 guns, 26 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 5

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 5)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 5

Japanese ground losses:
1584 casualties reported
Guns lost 45
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
3815 casualties reported
Guns lost 89
Vehicles lost 1

(in reply to 52nd Lowland)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Battle of the CD units Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI