Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PLEASE READ - PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> PLEASE READ - PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PLEASE READ - PBEM - 7/11/2004 5:57:42 AM   
Mr.Frag

When exiting a PBEM turn, all your options on the REALISM Page toggle to off and the turn length on the OPTIONS page gets set to none.

Until this is fixed, you MUST reset them prior to starting up a turn or you will have (a) options changed on your and (b) a turn that never ends.

This will be fixed in the next patch that we are working on now.
Post #: 1
RE: PLEASE READ - PBEM - 7/11/2004 6:50:47 AM   
kaleun

I am playing two PBEM games, one the big enchilada, and a second Coral Sea, and we don't seem to have a problem.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 2
RE: PLEASE READ - PBEM - 7/11/2004 7:29:11 AM   
Gilligan

I wish I had the never ending turn problem on turn one of my PBEM. My Dauntless pilots reported many shocked faces as they flew by the Japanese planes headed to PH, while my boys flew to the lightly protected Japanese CVs ( we tried vary set up with OP INFIELD as a result).

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 3
RE: PLEASE READ - PBEM - 7/11/2004 12:23:43 PM   
Pascal_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gilligan

I wish I had the never ending turn problem on turn one of my PBEM. My Dauntless pilots reported many shocked faces as they flew by the Japanese planes headed to PH, while my boys flew to the lightly protected Japanese CVs ( we tried vary set up with OP INFIELD as a result).

Turn off "Historic First Turn".

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Gilligan)
Post #: 4
RE: PLEASE READ - PBEM - 7/11/2004 2:40:10 PM   
BoerWar

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gilligan

Turn off "Historic First Turn".

I had the same result. Considered turning off Historic first turn, but then you have to set house rule that U.S. can't send everything to sea don't you? Would the U.S. get an extended naval move as well? If so, you could wind up with the U.S. pumping reinforcements into Wake and Guam with BB and CV support on the 7th. That would be worse than a bunch of idiot pilots. Seems to me a fix should be made on CV based bombers that says if an enemy CV is detected within range everything gets dropped and you attack the CV. If airfield/ground attack was selected then the Torp bombers would attack with bombs vice torps.

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: PLEASE READ - PBEM - 7/11/2004 3:17:38 PM   
Point Luck

quote:

but then you have to set house rule that U.S. can't send everything to sea don't you?

Not necessarily, played a PBEM game already with no surprise no historical first turn, no house rules,

Let the allied opponent do what ever he wanted on first turn,

With the extended range rule on first turn, you can come up with some creative moves,

He did move all ships out of Pearl, but I set my carriers to arrive further N of Pearl on the first turn, out away from prying eyes and then moved in on Pearl on my second or third turn Caught his fleet flat footed returning to port when he thought it was safe.

Also had my carriers arriving SE of Pearl once caught both carriers of guard instead of the fleet at Pearl, sent both CV TF’s to the bottom I’ll trade couple of BB’s for 2 CV TF’s early in a game

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 6
RE: PLEASE READ - PBEM - 7/11/2004 5:08:19 PM   
kaleun

That is why the non historic first turn doesn't really need house rules IMHO.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Point Luck)
Post #: 7
RE: PLEASE READ - PBEM - 7/11/2004 5:16:32 PM   
Hikertrash

This happened to me only after installing the patch. Before that, the settings remained as I set them. The important settings for me were the 1 day turn cycle and FOW. When I opened opponent's turn, I went straight to orders without a Combat Replay (I'm playing IJN). I hope the settings stick but will just have to see.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 8
RE: PLEASE READ - PBEM - 7/11/2004 5:25:24 PM   
Point Luck

quote:

That is why the non historic first turn doesn't really need house rules IMHO

YEP, I've been running different set-ups and the first 14 day turns for a week now. The more I do this, the more I get the hang of the game, plus I've settled down into a simple routine for each turn. I think I've picked up more about the game this way. Also I play head to head against myself, I haven't played PBEM yet, still working out things.

The Beta testers are right this thing gets easier the more you play. I already find the game as easy as UV.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> PLEASE READ - PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI