Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

is the AI better ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> is the AI better ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
is the AI better ? - 7/12/2004 1:39:08 AM   
crazyivan

hi thanks once agian for a graet game.
have the AI been beefed up?because since 8.2 the enemy has been better at most tactics.
eg late 41 dec my ss and assult pioneers with the aid of pz2s and t38s had finaly secured 3 majour hills with victory flags.i had only faced a few bt7s etc no medium afvs.sweat all i have to do is hold out and ive won. the russkie infantry took hell of a beating and are running.then out of the blue charges a coy of t-34s they proceded to smash my pz2s and t38s to bits .after hitting them with repeated shots i tried to out flank them for rear shots.but they cut me up to much so i retreated behind the hills and wiated for him to come to me.then i close assulted him with infantry and in the end i secured a draw from what i thought would be an easy victory.
so this new ai is far more exciting to play.......thanks guys.

"The best form of defence,is attack"
Post #: 1
RE: is the AI better ? - 7/12/2004 2:46:14 AM   
KG Erwin

Thanks, Crazy Ivan, but AFAIK the AI isn't any "smarter". The main thing Bryan and Stuart did was improve the AI force selections, giving you a better combined arms opponent. This is being tweaked, but no longer will you be facing hordes of Russian tanks without proper infantry, recon and engineer support.

In my USMC vs Jap AI games, I can still win DVs, but they "seem" tougher, and this increases the immersion level and drama of the game experience.

You can also alter the AI force selections to suit your own whims by utilizing the OOB Editor. More detail can be found in the sticky thread at the Training Center.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> is the AI better ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI