Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

scenario order?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Highway to the Reich >> scenario order? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
scenario order? - 7/14/2004 8:17:54 PM   
sarjen

Hi all,

i wondered if there is a specific order in which to play the scenarios i.e. from the dates of the historic timeline?
Is there a way to know which scenario to play 1st, 2nd and so on?

Thanks in advance

sarjen
Post #: 1
RE: scenario order? - 7/14/2004 9:32:06 PM   
MarkShot

No specific order for play.

I, myself, tended to play them from shorter to longer.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to sarjen)
Post #: 2
RE: scenario order? - 7/15/2004 2:57:14 AM   
Golf33

Several of the historical scenarios occurred simultaneously. For example, the airborne drops all happened at around the same time, as did the breakout from Neerpelt. To get as close as possible to the feel of the historical operation, I would suggest the following order of play:

1. Joe's Bridge. This was the battle to establish the Neerpelt bridgehead and was fought before MARKET GARDEN commenced.

2. Breakout from Joe's Bridge. This covers the first 24 hours of XXX Corps' advance, as far as Eindhoven.

3. Eindhoven Historical Campaign. This covers the airborne drop at Eindhoven and the German counterattacks, and includes a limited part of XXX Corps' advance (though units not historically involved in fighting in this area are not represented).

4. Nijmegen Historical Campaign. This covers the airborne drop at Nijmegen and the German counterattacks, and again includes a limited part of XXX Corps (those units actually involved in fighting in the area). If you did really well in the Breakout from Joe's Bridge and the Eindhoven Historical Campaign, you might want to pick "Favour Allies" for Allied Reinforcements to reflect XXX Corps arriving earlier; on the other hand, if you did poorly, you could pick "Favour Axis" for Allied Reinforcements to reflect the greater delay in relieving the paras.

5. Devil's Hill (optional). This scenario covers one of the German counterattacks on the American Airborne near Nijmegen. This is sort of included within the Nijmegen Historical Campaign but you might want to play it as a discrete scenario since the historical campaigns often pan out differently (due to different decisions made on both sides) and you might not get this particular battle in the campaign.

6. Arnhem Historical Campaign. This covers the British Airborne at Arnhem and the fight of XXX Corps to transit The Island and relieve the bridgehead over the Neder Rijn. If you did very well (or very poorly) on the preceding scenarios, you might want to try the Historical Plus Campaign and modify the Reinforcement schedules to reflect the advantage/disadvantage. However, be aware that the Historical Plus Campaign does change the drop zones for the British Airborne.

7. Second Wave. This is covered by the Arnhem Historical Campaign but provides a specific scenario depicting the British attempt to secure the drop zones for their follow-on forces.

8. Op Garden - Final Phase. Like Second Wave, these events are part of the larger Arnhem Historical Campaign but this scenario gives you the option to fight the specific battle faced by XXX Corps in their attempt to transit The Island and reach Arnhem.

That just about covers it I think .

Regards

Steve Golf33 Long

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 3
RE: scenario order? - 9/23/2004 11:43:21 AM   
Bodhi

Being a latecomer to HTTR and not knowing any details of Market Garden, this is exactly the info I've looking, thanks.

Glad I found it, maybe a pin to the top of the forum would be useful for any other newbies?

Bodhi

(in reply to Golf33)
Post #: 4
RE: scenario order? - 5/25/2005 3:24:20 AM   
Arjuna

For those newcomers looking to start off with the less difficult scenarios, here is my recommendation. Start with the smaller scenarios and work up to the larger ones.

• Raid on Renkum
  • PI on the Popenberg
  • Joe's Bridge
  • Devils Hill
  • Air Landing Assault
  • Grave Grab
  • Dutch Delay at Deest
  • SecondWave
  • The Harder Way
  • Para Rescue
  • Keeping the Island Afloat

Then move on up to the larger scenarios including the historical and what if campaigns.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 5
RE: scenario order? - 9/23/2005 3:20:22 AM   
BigDuke66

What I would like to see is where a particular scenario took place.
A big overview map with numbered boxes would be fine.

BTW are there any good and detailed maps for Market Garden available on the web?
Any good map sources at all?

I have only 2:
http://www.dean.usma.edu/history/web03/atlases/atlas%20home.htm
http://www.onwar.com/maps/wwii/

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 6
RE: scenario order? - 9/23/2005 4:53:59 AM   
Rooster

I'm sure there's quite a few around. Check Jef's site for links: http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/DropZone/

Google Earth is also a great tool for battle overviews. I did one for COTA - here's a shot of some key locations for Market Garden.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rooster -- 9/23/2005 4:54:38 AM >

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 7
RE: scenario order? - 5/22/2007 11:49:59 PM   
BigDuke66

Is there maybe a list or something that shows what HttR scenarios are historical and what are what-if versions?

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 5/22/2007 11:54:54 PM >

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Highway to the Reich >> scenario order? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI