Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Underplayed Nations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Underplayed Nations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Underplayed Nations - 7/14/2004 12:56:33 AM   
KG Erwin

As is natural, most discussions revolve around the big boys. The US, USMC, Germans etc get all the attention. Don't forget that we have many other nations to play around with, and I would recommend trying some of them out.

For an example, during 8.2 testing I played a small generated battle with Yugoslavian Partisans against the Germans. The partisans are some tough mothers, and I made mincemeat out of a mechanized FJ group.

I encourage you guys to expand your horizons and play a few generated battles with the lesser-known and minor OOBs. You may be surprised by the quality and ferocity of some of these troops (think Finland vs Russia or the above mentioned Partisans vs Germans).

If you wanna get downright medieval in viciousness, try Philippine guerrilla units vs the Japanese. Mix a few bows & arrows and bolos with your Garands and hand grenades and you have a bloodfest in the making.

Post #: 1
RE: Underplayed Nations - 7/14/2004 4:28:32 AM   
VikingNo2

I love playing the Italians

The Polish are fun as well

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Underplayed Nations - 7/14/2004 5:40:02 AM   
rrockw

The partisans battle sounds interesting, do you remember the time frame? Late 42 - Early 43 perhaps?

Rich

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Underplayed Nations - 7/14/2004 7:02:13 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: rrockw

The partisans battle sounds interesting, do you remember the time frame? Late 42 - Early 43 perhaps?

Rich

Rich, as I recall, I set this up as a small battle for sometime in August or September 1943. The forces were company-sized, and I wiped out the Germans to a man. Results may vary.

(in reply to rrockw)
Post #: 4
RE: Underplayed Nations - 7/14/2004 8:40:11 AM   
rbrunsman

The Greeks are good.

The French suck, except for their ATGs.

rb

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
HOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABT SCENARIOS IN SPWAW 8.2 RELEASE - 7/14/2004 3:14:56 PM   
Resisti

quote:

ORIGINAL: rrockw

Rich

Please all remember abt this small doc that I created and that you can find in the main Spwaw 8.2 folder: "Spwaw8.2Scenarioslist".

It shows all the scenarios which are included in the official release, with extra info on each.You can use the filter feature of Excel, to sort out those that interest more to you: by designer,date, theatre.

You can also use it to add those scenarios that you'll add to the scenario folder at a later stage: this way you'll have an always up-to-date list!

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to rrockw)
Post #: 6
RE: HOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABT SCENARIOS IN SPWAW 8.2 REL... - 7/14/2004 4:38:39 PM   
Belisarius

Try the Finns vs. Soviets in 1940 or 1941. You'll notice that the lack of big guns - isn't.

< Message edited by Belisarius -- 7/14/2004 3:39:15 PM >

Got StuG?

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 7
RE: HOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABT SCENARIOS IN SPWAW 8.2 REL... - 7/14/2004 6:40:16 PM   
rrockw

Thanks for letting me know about the date range!

Resisti,

Thanks for letting me know about that file as I didn't know it existed!

Rich

(in reply to Resisti)
Post #: 8
RE: Underplayed Nations - 7/14/2004 10:35:22 PM   
Tequila

The Finns are very enjoyable to play. They have some tough obstacles to overcome like lack of flametanks after '42 and no recon vehicles that can carry people(can use other vehicles but I miss having a recon vehicle carrying legged recon) but I still love them. The FI Jaeger(bikers) are very resiliant and I love their Calvary especially the ones that carry the tool set of a rifle for range, an LMG and SMG for firepower and a handful of satchel charges or panzerfaust in late war. And how can you not love the name Sissi? :) Their captured tanks are in some cases better than the original, the T34.m42 for example has a bit better RF and has somke ammo.

< Message edited by Tequila -- 7/14/2004 8:43:28 PM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 9
RE: Underplayed Nations - 7/17/2004 8:54:20 AM   
Mangudai

quote:

If you wanna get downright medieval in viciousness, try Philippine guerrilla units vs the Japanese. Mix a few bows & arrows and bolos with your Garands and hand grenades and you have a bloodfest in the making.

I love those guys!

I played a couple tiny test battles with the AI using Philippine guerrillas vs Jap Militia with bamboo spears. The Philippinos generally win.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Underplayed Nations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI