Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Watchtower problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Watchtower problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Watchtower problem - 1/10/2002 9:46:00 AM   
dycemc

I've tryied to load Watchtower 5 times and I can't find it in my mega campaign list. I know I saw someone talking about this earlier, but now I can't find it. Please help.

Post #: 1
- 1/10/2002 9:52:00 AM   
achappelle

I installed the 3 MC's in this order, one after the other.
1st: MCNA
2nd: MCWT
3rd: MCLV
Someone had mentioned in a post that because of OOBs, this was the way to do it.

"Molon Labe" - Leonidas @ Thermopylae (Come Get Them!!)

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 2
- 1/10/2002 10:13:00 AM   
Supervisor

I just sent you what a proper directory tree should look like. Anything nested will have to be moved up to the proper directory ex: .shp files all go into the SPWAW/shp dir, all .snd files go to the SPWAW/snd dir, the same for oob's and if you have a nested watchtower directory copy it all into the first MegaCam/Operation Watchtower 42 dir. The file your looking for is Operation Watchtower 42.cfg file it needs to be put into the MegaCam dir.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 3
- 1/10/2002 11:06:00 AM   
DaveConn

Sorry to be dense, but I have a similar question. I have moved the nested folders to the correct places, but am still not clear on the SND and SHP folders. Are all the files in those folders supposed to go into the general SND and SHP folders in SPWaW? If so, should I overwrite existing files with the same names in those folders?
--Dave Conn

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 4
- 1/10/2002 11:11:00 AM   
JYGamer

I received the Watchtower mega campaign disk and loaded the megacampaign. I had to move some files up one directory to get it to work. I only have this campaign. I now have three folders in the megacampaign directory, Operation Watchtower 42, save and snd. The Operation Watchtower 42.cfg file is in the megacampaign directory. I was able to enter the campaign and get to the selection screen so I assumed it was correct. is this the correct setup?

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 5
- 1/10/2002 11:39:00 AM   
bchapman

I got my LVMC and ver 7 loaded today. I had to do a lot of cut and paste to get the files to the right folders. I already had the MCNA loaded so I tried to load LV over it. After 3 tries, Nested folder, Nested folder, Nested folder. What I did was to go to the nested folder and starting with the "Steel Panthers World at War" folder copy the files (not the folders), then go to the original SPWAW folder and pasted the files. You will have to say yes to the "Do you want to replace This file with That file message". Next, drop down to the next folder and repeat the process. It was time consuming, but when I got through, and started the game, it showed ver 7 and the Lost Victories showed up in the MegaCampaign.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 6
- 1/10/2002 11:59:00 AM   
Supervisor

DaveConn all shp and snd files need to be moved into the main SPWAW shp and snd directories than delete the one in MegaCampaign. After all is said and done there should only be 1 of each type of folder under the whole SPWAW directory tree except the save folder there is on under the main SPWAW and one under MegaCam.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 7
- 1/10/2002 12:01:00 PM   
dycemc

What a bunch of you know what. Why should WE have to do all of this to get our game to work. Help out matrix games.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 8
- 1/10/2002 12:02:00 PM   
Supervisor

JYGamer the snd folder under Operation Watchtower all of its contents need to be moved into the main/snd folder under the main SPWAW and then delete the one under Operation Watchtower same results as given in previous post will result if done correctly with any other folders with the same names.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 9
- 1/10/2002 12:11:00 PM   
Supervisor

dycemc the picture of the proper looking directory tree got returned user unknown can you update your email with the board. This problem with nested folders has always been a problem with the games installation routine but has really gotten out of hand with these new MegaCampaigns. I too wish they would choose a different companies routine to avoid these annoying but easily fixed problems.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 10
- 1/10/2002 8:45:00 PM   
Alexandra

Nesting is easy to fix when you install. At some point, you'll see a 'where it goes' directory list. Mine would read: c:/games/steel panthers world at war/steel panthers world at war. Just manually delete the second SP: WaW, before you install, and presto, no problem. Every game, no matter who does it, needs a user, visual, check of the install goal directory. Most game companies, for instance, default to Program files, and I never put games in Program files, so I'm used to the scan Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 11
- 1/11/2002 1:06:00 AM   
JYGamer

Since the .wav files belong in the main snd folder does this mean that all the .lbm files should be moved to the main pic folder? I tried reinstalling Watchtower to the Matrixgames/Steel Panthers World at War folder. The .wav files ended up in the main snd folder, but the .lbm files ended up in the Watchtower Campaign 42 folder under the Megacampaign folder. Thus, I am not sure where they belong. Currently, I have them copied in the main pic folder. Thank you for your assistance.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 12
- 1/11/2002 10:44:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Let's see if I can help out here. I did not do the installation program but I can tell you what goes where. You should have a Megacam Directory INSIDE your SPWAW directory. In the MegaCam directory, you need the following files, if you have all three campaigns. Only these following files should be there. The Desert Fox-41 (folder or directory)
Operation Watchtower 42 (Folder of directory)
Lost Victories 41 (Folder of directory) And you need three files: The Desert Fox 41.cfg
Operation Watchtower 42.cfg
Lost Victories 41.cfg So you have one cfg (configuration) file for each campaign folder. There is one other folder called Save (where your megacam saves go) and one other file called "mainsplash.lbm" (the intro screen for all Mega campaigns) And that is all that should be in there. There are wav files Most of them go inside the proper Mega Cam folder. Some, however, go into the WAV directory. Any Wav files with five digits 11000.wav, for example or 21000.wav go into the main snd directory. Remember, only wav files with five digits should be added to the Snd directory. Any Shp files go into the shp directory. The LBM files that come with the campaign should stay INSIDE the proper folder. So any LBM files that came with Watchtower should ONLY be in the Watchtower folder insde of the Megacam folder. If you have it setup as I have described above, it should work for you. And of course to add to your grieft, I have a patch that hopefully David will post soon that will allow you to see parked aircraft in MC-Watchtower. I'm sending it directly to those who ask IF they give me an e-mail address that will receive them. I'm going to see if Fabio Prado will make a place on his site so you can download this patch. I hope this helps. And you are Right JY. I'm sorry you had to go through this...Wild Bill
==================

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 13
- 1/11/2002 11:02:00 AM   
Supervisor

WB did I understand you correctly in that there should be some .wav files within the MegaCam/named directories because all of mine are in the main SPWAW/snd directory, and I didn't move any from these folders up into the SPWAW/snd.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 14
- 1/12/2002 8:26:00 AM   
JYGamer

After all the confusion over which files belonged where, I had so many copied in multible places that I decided to uninstall SPWAW v7.0 and start over. Also, I had many useless files left over from so many previous updates. So I copied a folder set up to hold unplayed scenarios that I had downloaded. I copied my oob's since I had retained some from v6.1 due to the recent discussion about them. And I copied my scen folder because I did not want to figure out which scenarios I had already played.
Then I uninstalled the game and deleted the matrix games directory.
Next I reinstalled the game on the CD to a folder called SPWAW. I did this to prevent any overstacking.
The game installed just fine and to my surprise it installed the Watchtower Campaign in addition to SPWAW 7.0. When it finished I had the Operation Watchtower.cfg, the mainsplash.lbm, the save folder and the Operation Watchtower folder in the megacampaign folder. In the Operation Watchtower folder where all the filed that Wild Bill said should be there with one exception. All the .wav files were put in the main snd folder. No .wav files were found in the Operation Watchtower folder. I am going to next install the patch files in the main shp folder and try to start the campaign. However, maybe someone should verify that all .wav files belong in the snd main folder or not.

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 15
- 1/12/2002 1:25:00 PM   
Wild Bill

You should only have three kinds of files in your MC-Watchtower folder under the MegaCam folder. They are *.lbm, *.dat, and *.txt files. That is all. All WAV files should go into the WAV directory of SPWAW. In MC-W the files are 21000-21032.Wav and a 2100.wav files. They should all be in the WAV directory. The mainsplash.lbm is where it is supposed to be, in the Megacam directory. That is the mainscreen you see when you click on Mega Campaigns. Just look over your MC-W folder. You should only have the three types of files mentioned above. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 16
- 1/14/2002 2:17:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Did you catch this last post, JY?..WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to dycemc)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Watchtower problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI