Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ships vanish after they are build

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Ships vanish after they are build Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ships vanish after they are build - 7/15/2004 3:15:03 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

Hi, maybe it was mentioned... but i found something strange.

I made a user scenario and changed the day of the ships come to tokio...

now this happened.
The yamato should swim in the harbor but no big bb anymore... same with 2 carriers, both had one day left but the next day they had vanished from the timetable but also were not longer seen in any harbor...

this sounds strange for me, cause if a ship is build it should not got lost...
i looked for other ships, no problem... but this problem happened all the time (sadly and yes ! How stupid from me) i deleted this test-scenario so i could not send the data...

Anybody some ideas what this is , maybe a bug ?

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit
Post #: 1
RE: Ships vanish after they are build - 7/15/2004 3:28:20 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

Oh, another point i saw and dislike - i played both computer and after 5 months i saw the following situation
The kb was in the middle of the ocean, without fuel but undamaged. All ships empty...

this sounds not good, cause the AI should try to keep ships in range, esüp. if "your" side is advancing (if e.g. Truk is conquered, this could be, but in this case (japanese advance!) this should not happen, also, the japanese did not loose one tanker or AO (so the replentish group was sunk or similar explanation)

Just think about this in a real game...as the allied, you can really got the computer... so maybe here things should be adjusted.... (oh, same failure as above), i did not save it, just restarted the ai vers. ai game... in the evening maybe...

has anybody seen it, too ?

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to Adnan Meshuggi)
Post #: 2
RE: Ships vanish after they are build - 7/15/2004 3:42:19 PM   
Mr.Frag

AI Skill Level?

(in reply to Adnan Meshuggi)
Post #: 3
RE: Ships vanish after they are build - 7/16/2004 10:46:24 AM   
Adnan Meshuggi

well, i played historical ai vers ai....

it seems that the ai tend to NOT fill the ships up (even if enough fuel is there) and stay too long in the enemies area....

both sides (my ai vers ai test is now in Spring 43, here i see it again....

Also, the cv´s with only a few planes (like Tahio (i speeded up here commissioning) or Shinano) are not hold back until planes are full but swim south and so they do not recive replacement...

Also the cs => cvl-upgrade does not work properly, cause the "new cvl´s" still have their seaplanes on it (and this sounds strange for me... if they are cvl´s they should have "normal" planes....

On the other side i see a "bug" with the cv´s of the allied side... they come correctly in the timetable (i speak about the cv-losses in 43/43... the allied computer wasn´t smart an run against the bk again and again and lost all 6 carriers - but not in planned and "smart" moves but only 2 ships against lba + kb (3x2CV+1CVL) and so they sucked every time, but these ships have NO fighter squads on it...
2x DB and 1 x TB, but the fighters are missing... can´t say if this will cause a problem, but i think if the usa build more essex-cv´s they will build also the fighter squads....

i can tell more if i go further in the game (actually i am on the work and my computer do the rest :) )

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Ships vanish after they are build Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI