Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Long road to victory alts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Long road to victory alts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Long road to victory alts - 1/11/2002 2:29:00 PM   
Bradock78436

If you lose or have draws in battles do you have to go on extra scens or is it setup to go that way no matter what the results? I was on the first mission in Sicily, the attack on the city and the ridge behind it. Only 15 turns.. Paratroopers landed on the ridge, but couldn't hold long enough. They were pulling back into the city by the time half the city was cleared out.. To make a long story short I captured and held the city at turn 10. I figured I'd hide in there and let their armor role in where I could ambush it. My four TD's had been taken out by overwhelming panzers, but infantry is effective against the AI. Well I then realized I only had a few turns left.. They had to much firepower to try to take the ridge on a mad run.. So my special ops snuck in from behind to grab the rear most VP, and my troops held the city. I won by nearly 3K, which was a draw.. Now I've only had two descisive victories, both on defense missions.. Now i'm holding a beach head, a very broad beachhead, had to stretch my lines thin, but rangers and paratroopers are supposed to land.. Are their fewer missions if I win more often?

Post #: 1
- 1/11/2002 9:31:00 PM   
Alexandra

Yep. If you don't do well, you tend to get extra fights, symbolizing the enemy surging ahead and changing higher commands plans. Sometimes, It's fun to draw one on purpose to see a different route Most user-desgined campaigns are like that. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Bradock78436)
Post #: 2
- 1/12/2002 12:53:00 AM   
Frank W.

quote:

Originally posted by Bradock78436:
Are their fewer missions if I win more often?

yes. i´m very sorry fo me that i figured that out too late..so i missed perhaps some cool fight´s. you will not be rewarded for dec. vics in this campaign. btw, you can look in the ways a camp goes with the campaign editor.

Post #: 3
- 1/12/2002 1:59:00 AM   
Alexandra

Yes, you are rewarded for DVs and MVs. That's how you get your campaign points, for actually winning the campaign. And, for any campaign, there's a chance it ends if you lose a fight - and the more fights you are in, the better chance you have of losing good units. And, lastly, don't forget that a lot of the 'after draw/loss' fight might be harder than the 'after win' fight. It's always better to win. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

Post #: 4
- 1/12/2002 5:13:00 AM   
Frank W.

quote:

Originally posted by Alexandra:
Yes, you are rewarded for DVs and MVs. That's how you get your campaign points, for actually winning the campaign. And, for any campaign, there's a chance it ends if you lose a fight - and the more fights you are in, the better chance you have of losing good units. And, lastly, don't forget that a lot of the 'after draw/loss' fight might be harder than the 'after win' fight. It's always better to win. Alex
1. of course it´s better to win
2. i don´t care very much about my camp score
3. i want as much cool battles as possible
4. i can stop shortly before a vic hex and don´t take it,to get fewer points
5. as i see in the "camp. editor" most battles with a minimum draw leads you to next battle. no need for a vic.
6. i have not a single draw or loss until 3/45. only decisive and marginals but,to be honest: i don´t care realy about that. want the russians now.. greetings from icecold germany frank

Post #: 5
- 1/13/2002 1:16:00 PM   
Wild Bill

One way to have the opportunity to replay battles without having to replay all the scenarios is keeping save files at various points of the campaign. That way, if the save is properly labeled, you can go back, play the next battle again, lose it on purpose and see where it takes you . In fact, you can do something like that in the Mega Campaign. Using Windows, make a save, then make a copy of it and put in another folder. Label it in such a way you can remember where you were. For example, if you are playing MC-W, you could save it as Tulagi1, or Matankau1 (I think you have to use the old dos 8 letter file names). Then when you wish, put them back into the game and choose one of the options. That way you don't have to start over.... I'm not supposed to tell you this, but what can they do, send me to Guadalcanal? Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 6
- 1/13/2002 6:25:00 PM   
Frank W.

wild bill: what happened with the company of inf. that you are too save in the 5 points scen?? didn´t found them,even no dead soldiers or destroyed vehicles....

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Long road to victory alts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI