Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Oil TFs, Too lazy for full load? +2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Oil TFs, Too lazy for full load? +2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Oil TFs, Too lazy for full load? +2 - 7/16/2004 7:32:46 PM   
Behemoth

three questions please,
I looked around for an answer but it doesn't seem anyone has answered it to my understanding. I've tried all sorts of methods to get my trans and tankers to fully load resources and oil. They just load a few 1000 points and head for the dh, the points at the bases are all well over 10k resource and in oil some are over 50k. So is there a rule i'm missing somewhere that limits tf loading? Also is there an automated way of setting up these oil/resource shipments to bases? And third and final ?, What are the different TF duties used for, ie: Tanker, cargo, amphib, etc. They seem to double what's already there (transport covers a lot) so are there bonuses to these more specific tasks? Thanks to all who read my pleas for help, I love learning and the curve on this baby is Everestian.
-B
Post #: 1
RE: Oil TFs, Too lazy for full load? +2 - 7/16/2004 7:38:48 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Tanker, cargo, amphib, etc. They seem to double what's already there (transport covers a lot) so are there bonuses to these more specific tasks?

Originally, they all were for computer tf's but we whined and they all got unlocks so you can pick them and use them to help keep track of what you built the TF for.

Apart from the obvious limitations, use as you see fit.

(in reply to Behemoth)
Post #: 2
RE: Oil TFs, Too lazy for full load? +2 - 7/16/2004 7:42:31 PM   
foliveti

I have noticed that oil and resource load more slowly than fuel or supply. As to tankers leaving with a short load, I assumed that it had something to do with the oil requirements in the hex. Usually when they seem to take off, it is when there are not that many resources or oil present at the hex. For example, early in the campaign game if you put several tankers in Palembang loading oil, one will take off early. However, a bit later I don't seem to be able to get tankers there fast enough to prevent a build up of oil. Once there is a good stock they seem to load to the brim.

Frank

(in reply to Behemoth)
Post #: 3
RE: Oil TFs, Too lazy for full load? +2 - 7/16/2004 7:46:31 PM   
The Gnome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Behemoth

three questions please,
I looked around for an answer but it doesn't seem anyone has answered it to my understanding. I've tried all sorts of methods to get my trans and tankers to fully load resources and oil. They just load a few 1000 points and head for the dh, the points at the bases are all well over 10k resource and in oil some are over 50k. So is there a rule i'm missing somewhere that limits tf loading? Also is there an automated way of setting up these oil/resource shipments to bases? And third and final ?, What are the different TF duties used for, ie: Tanker, cargo, amphib, etc. They seem to double what's already there (transport covers a lot) so are there bonuses to these more specific tasks? Thanks to all who read my pleas for help, I love learning and the curve on this baby is Everestian.
-B

Did you put the transport TF over to computer control? I tried to make a bunch of CS transports from DEI to OZ running resources and oil and they all loaded a minimal amount and hit the road. I ended up having to control them manually.

(in reply to Behemoth)
Post #: 4
RE: Oil TFs, Too lazy for full load? +2 - 7/16/2004 7:52:16 PM   
Behemoth

Thx Frag, I presummed they were for organiztional purposes thx again. Foliveti: that seems to be it, thx for pointing out your own observations. I hope I can force them to load all with no unload and no DH options. Thank you both, helped a bunch.
-chris

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 5
RE: Oil TFs, Too lazy for full load? +2 - 7/16/2004 7:57:22 PM   
Behemoth

Gnome,
yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that. The tutorial taught me that. So to get the whole load you must micromanage. I love the cs: fuel trans., In UV that was a moderate headache. Lose one, gain another.
-chris

< Message edited by Behemoth -- 10/4/2004 3:16:55 PM >

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Oil TFs, Too lazy for full load? +2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI