Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Seeking Japanese opponent for a sensible campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Seeking Japanese opponent for a sensible campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seeking Japanese opponent for a sensible campaign - 7/15/2004 12:58:40 AM   
Thayne

It appears that my campaign game against the AI died as a result of a bug that grounded all air units in Burma and India.

In starting a new campaign, I am giving some consideration to PBEM.

Here's the type of game I would like to play:

I play the allies, under the following restrictions:

(1) No ground unit other than in China, Philippines, Malaya/Singapore, and the Central Pacific can move during the first week of the war. This represents allied 'paralysis' as it calls meetings, makes plans, writes up orders, transmits orders to ground units, those ground units prepare to execute the orders, and the execution begins. China, of course, is free to maneuver as it sees fit.

(2) There shall be no abandonment of the Philippines, Malaya, Burma, or Dutch East Indies. It is human nature to hope for a miracle, and there is no way that these places would ever be abandoned as easily as the game allows. Only when the situation is proved to be truly hopeless (defined as a case in which the allies cannot retreat any further) will ground and air units be allowed to transfer out. Yet, by then, it will probably be too late.

(3) The maximum number of ships that can be loaded at any port shall not exceed 'game turn minus 1'; with all USA West Coast ports counting as 1 port. For example, on December 8th, the USA West Coast can start to load 1 transport; on December 14th; the USA West Coast can load 7 transport ships). This represents the fact that a massive war machine cannot slip into full operation from a dead stop.

Consistent with this, I would like to use the following game settings:

Jap Sub Doc. - On
Fog of War- On
Weather- On
Allied Damge Con.- On
Historical 1st Turn- On
Dec 7th Suprise- On
US Var- +/-60
Jap Var- +/-60

All automation off.

Over the course of playing this game, I would like to write up a DAR consisting of headlines and news stories drawn from the game's events.

I am seeking an opponent who has a comparable personality -- who is not seeking to exploit every advantage of hindsight and every loophole in the rules to score a victory.

< Message edited by Thayne -- 7/14/2004 10:58:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Seeking Japanese opponent for a sensible campaign - 7/17/2004 8:45:44 AM   
eltaco

iam ready lets go ,e-mai lme

(in reply to Thayne)
Post #: 2
RE: Seeking Japanese opponent for a sensible campaign - 7/17/2004 3:57:21 PM   
Grotius

Thayne, I'm not ready for a PBEM yet, but those are the kind of rules I play with when I'm playing against the AI. I know I could strip the DEI of all its weak defenses and amass them somewhere else to make a stand, but instead I prefer to let them sit and fight (and lose). I also like the idea of a well-written AAR, and you seem to write well.

Anyway, I'm about to leave for a Hawaii vacation, so now is not the time for me to start a PBEM. In fact, I'm not sure I'll ever PBEM this monster; even against the AI, it's going to take me months to finish the grand campaign. Still, if sometime later you find yourself short on opponents, give me a shout.

(in reply to eltaco)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Seeking Japanese opponent for a sensible campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI