Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

'Malin Loop' :

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 'Malin Loop' : Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'Malin Loop' : - 1/13/2002 10:44:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

I don't know what to call this, so I'll just describe what happened: I played through the Malin and Pripets Marsh scenarios, then was redirected back to Malin. After re-fighting Malin, it appeared that I was again going to have to go through the Pripets Marshes. However, when I tried to initiate the first Pripets Marshes battle, the screen registered an error message saying that various OOB files could not be loaded. The numbers went by very quickly, but I managed to catch three of them; 01, 38, and 127(?). Then the game closed. Any idea what might have caused this? When I restarted SP:WaW, it went right to the Mega-Campaign menu, and not the 'Choose your game Colonel' menu. Wierd! Eric Maietta

Post #: 1
- 1/13/2002 11:46:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

I've made several attempts to restart the saved game of MCLV mentioned in the above post. I re-examined the oob numbers flashing by, and the ones I could read were 01, 38, and 225. I even tried shutting down my PC and restarting it to see if that helped any, and it didn't. I'll restart the MC and see if I run into the same problem. (It will be a while before I know, as I've already fought more than a few battles up to this point.) Should I consider reloading the MC, or wait to see if this is something that needs a fix from Matrix? Thanks in advance for your help with this! Eric Maietta

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 2
- 1/14/2002 11:31:00 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

BUMP

Post #: 3
- 1/15/2002 7:11:00 PM   
Tom Terror

The very same happend to me! I decided to play through the Malin scenario a second time and see what'll happen. Didn't had time to finish it yet. TomT PS: er, sorry, that was definitely no help for you

Post #: 4
- 1/15/2002 8:40:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

Hi Eric, No ideas to help you, that never happened to me. Hopefully an expert will read this thread. Just thought you might feel better

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 5
- 1/17/2002 12:02:00 PM   
Grenadier

What were your results, draw, defeat? A Victory in Potapov Strikes leads to the next node, An Elusive Foe also in the Pripet marshes. A decisive defeat senfds you to the rear. I cannot find evidence of a loop as such in the editor. Did you play the Wittmann scenario? There is a loop in the editor from The Unfriendly Pripet back to The Kolkhoze. This will be corrected in a patch. If you want it right away, e-mail me

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 'Malin Loop' : Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI