Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BUY A MEGA CAMPAIGN!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> BUY A MEGA CAMPAIGN! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BUY A MEGA CAMPAIGN! - 1/13/2002 12:55:00 PM   
Randy

With three Mega Campaigns out now, we should all have at least one. Wild Bill, Paul, Dave and countless others have put in tons of time to create these new games. In fact, with some of the problems with 7.0, Matrix is already working on 7.1 in response to our queries. There has been talk of another Mega Campaign, but we have to support the campaigns which are out there now. The initial Steel Panthers cost about $60.00, the new Mega Campaign/7.0 which is vastly superior is only about $25.00 (plus shipping-much higher for our Euro friends). If we want new MC's we have to support the ones already out there. Also, the more campigns bought will help in the work for Combat Leader which I'm sure most of us look forward to. So as loyalists lets support Matrix and buy those games!!

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear
Post #: 1
- 1/13/2002 1:02:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Amen to that, Leatherneck! WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 2
- 1/13/2002 8:50:00 PM   
LeibstandartePzD

Already have all three plus a T-shirt, Fortress Europe and next payday I'll order Austerlitz. Whatever Matrix puts their name on I'll buy.
Keep up the great work and Thanks to all involved at Matrix. Special thanks to Wild Bill for all the great scenarios, campaigns and Mege Campaigns!

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto
Former member of the 8th US Cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 3
- 1/13/2002 10:12:00 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Personally I would rather spend my exceedingly rare dollars on Combat Leader. But considering 3 birds in the hand is way better than that large one in the bush (I think that is a realistic analogy). Looks like when I score a few bucks I am investing in MCs. I will just have to see if the funds materialise I suppose (personal financial disaster here in my household lately has me in a bit of a bind). What I guess I want to know is this. Matrix (thats you Paul I guess), what are MC supplies like. Does a johnny come lately still have the chance to order any of the MCs. You I guess still have all of them in stock I guess. Whats the opinion of the ganag here. Whats the majority view. Whats the best MC thus far. From both play value as well as technical merits. I will be lucky to get more than one I suppose. I would want my purchase to be a well planned purchase.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 4
- 1/14/2002 4:43:00 AM   
Redleg

I received an ad from Chips and Bits last night offering 2 of the megacampaigns for sale! I was sadden that the one I care about the most (WT) was not offered. If we would all purchase 1 or 2 of these, it would be a big boost for Matrix and enhance the liklihood that other adventures in SPWAW gaming might be forth-coming.

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 5
- 1/14/2002 4:57:00 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

hmmmmm and the big experiment begins. Any that know of my comments on the forum will likely be interested in seeing how this goes (I think). Been chatting with a lass I know in Texas for a long time (long enough that she trusts me as much as I trust her). Guess I will see if I am able to prove a notion or not (that ordering from out of the US doesnt have to be painful). She is going to order me Lost Victories and then mail it to me through ordinary mail (after I reimburse her efforts). For one I dont have a credit card (always a burden). And two I will be able to tell whatever powers that be, that wish to stick what I hear is an additional 21 bucks onto my purchase (for entering Canada), to politely go do something rude to their personal anatomy in effect. Now what I am hoping for I guess. Is for her to not incur any difficulties, and for the whole process to resolve by my birthday at the end of March (as otherwise I aint going to be able to justify this on the family income heheh). Stay tuned to this channel as it were heheh. [ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Les the Sarge 9-1 ]

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 6
- 1/14/2002 12:54:00 PM   
Big T

Actually, i just ordered MCNA and LV the other day, best feeling i've ever had spending $50!! Can't wait till they get here. Keep up the good work Matrix!

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 7
- 1/14/2002 1:51:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Thanks for your support, all of you! And a special thanks to Liebstandarte! Encouraging words like that are the supreme motivation for a guy like me, kinda like saying "sic em!" to a hound dog! You are right Redleg. Chips and Bits missed the best one! We appreciate you gamers out there and we know your dollars are hard earned. So were mine...in fact, so are mine. I think you'll be glad for the investment. Hard to beat for the hours of entertainment, fun and challenge you'll get out of them. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 8
- 1/15/2002 2:52:00 PM   
ejengstrom

Support Matrix Games... By All Means Available. I don't know how the company is set up, and I'm not a regular member of these boards and websites. I am a young indie management consultant, my background is in development and project management. I've released over 60 software solutions and worked on more than a dozen start to finish. It isn't easy, it isn't very gratifying and you have to do it because you love it. Hopefully it will pay your bills. I worked in entertainment software for three years (my start was in games) and I know how difficult it is to make money and more importantly, ensure that your vision and spirit are present with every release. I have never been historically interested in the Eastern Front. My knowledge is lacking in this area, greatly lacking! I haven't ordered the MegaCampaign because I didn't feel that I didn't know enough about the events and places to truly appreciate the work. As a result of hearing about Operation Watchtower, I realized my reading of the Marine Corp vs. Japan conflict was weak... I've since read six or seven primary classics about the conflict, finishing with Strong Men Armed by Leckie. The detail and effort placed in Watchtower is apparent and of top quality. The ongoing level of support and labor placed in SPWAW overwhelms me as I have purchased multiple copies of all SSI games for years. My library consists of over 600 titles, about 10% strategy and 30% war/sims. NOTHING entertains me like a Mega Campaign. I sit for hours, I reply and retry tactics. I've never been very big into Infantry, but the Watchtower campaign has really opened my eyes to the capabilities of SPWAW. I've long since tired of system generated campaigns, I've never really been into PBE games, so Megacampaigns are my solution. If Matrix Games released 100 MegaCampaigns, I'd buy them all... And lock myself in my office with the shades drawn and a stack of clean underclothes and durable slippers. Wild Bill, I don't think I'm the first, nor the last to say this - but my hat is off to you! I'm very grateful for your work and I hope you'll continue to exceed your past endeavors. Yours, Erik Engstrom
San Francisco, CA

-- Yours, Erik

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 9
- 1/15/2002 3:22:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

Matrix and the Gang surely deserve our efford to buy Mega Campaigns. I'm still at battle 6 or 7 in my first one, Desert Fox, and loving it. I promise that when I'm about to finnish that one, or as soon as Matrix solve the "rest-of-the-world problem" I'll order Lost Victories and Watchtower. I can't wait to see Combat Leader too.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 10
- 1/16/2002 3:19:00 AM   
Phil Buster

Still got the lybian dust in my mouth and find myself facing some NKVD troops here in the russian side of Poland. Can´t put my eyes out of the monitor. Buy Megas. It´s the best inversion ever now that Enron is out of market. Hats off to this incredible team of developers!!!!

Eusko gudariak gara Euskadi azkatzeko. Gerturi daukagu odola bere aldez emateko.

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 11
- 1/16/2002 5:39:00 AM   
PHA

Could'nt agree more.... One has to support a game off this magnitude...sheer enjoyment, and pleasure. One thing i havent found yet.... I have a cable modem and a fast connection (512), i'm living in denmark, and if there is one thing i would like to do, it is go on the internet, order one off the brilliant megacampaigns, pay it, and then download them directly... If anyone knows a place to do this, i would be a happy dane!

---------------------
Terror In Hostes
---------------------

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 12
- 1/16/2002 10:06:00 AM   
11Bravo

Just ordered WatchTower. Already have the other two. First battle of Lost Victories was awesome. Decisive Victory on the last turn. Second to the last victory hex was taken by melee using a scout patrol against a heavily suppressed Sov squad. The last hex was taken by an AT team that charged a MG bunker. It took the hex but was killed. The Soviet HQ unit was sitting on the bunker but couldn't recapture the hex because of all the suppressing fire my men were able to direct onto it. What fun! Sell your plasma if you must, but buy this game!

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 13
- 1/16/2002 10:12:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by God:
Could'nt agree more....
I have a cable modem and a fast connection (512), i'm living in denmark, and if there is one thing i would like to do, it is go on the internet, order one off the brilliant megacampaigns, pay it, and then download them directly... If anyone knows a place to do this, i would be a happy dane!

You can't! That was already suggested several times but it seems the costs are too high for Matrix. You have to buy the CD's which for all of us outside USA are very expensive. Check Martin Hall's thread at this forum about a UK dealer with cheaper prices. [ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 14
- 1/17/2002 1:50:00 AM   
TheZel66

Bought all three and fortress europe.. now i just the time to play them all!!!

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 15
- 1/17/2002 6:28:00 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

Few minutes ago I bought my 2nd one:Lost Victories!!!!Still fighting in Africa.The greatest wargame experience of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!
PS robably next month i'll buy the pacific one(i gotta wait to have some more money to spend^__^)

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 16
- 1/17/2002 7:33:00 AM   
Grimm

I have MCNA, MCLV and the coffee mug. Frankly, I haven't played either megacampaign much - most of the games I play are against a friend via email. We have been playing via email since the original SP1! I have bought the megacampaigns as a way to repay Matrix for the many hours of fun I have had with their version of the game. Someday, I might even try one of the megacampaigns!!

Its what you do
and not what you say
If you're not part of the future
then get out of the way

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 17
- 1/17/2002 11:36:00 AM   
swamp fox

I am a refugee from Talonsoft games. Since Talonsoft was conquered by the Borg, the only good games I have found are the Panzer Campaigns at HPS. Now I have stumbled on this site and see some great names from my wargaming past.
At this price, it has to be right to try a Megacampaign. Which one does everyone recommend? How many do I need to last me until Uncommon Valor is ready? Last but not least, is a player with no SPWAW experience (but a bit in the old SP and a lot in the Campaign Series) ready to play a Megacampaign.

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 18
- 1/17/2002 11:46:00 AM   
Grenadier

quote:

Originally posted by Erik Engstrom:
I have never been historically interested in the Eastern Front. My knowledge is lacking in this area, greatly lacking! I haven't ordered the MegaCampaign because I didn't feel that I didn't know enough about the events and places to truly appreciate the work. Erik Engstrom San Francisco, CA[/QB]
Erik,
I wrote Lost Victories as a history book complete with maps and photos. Along with the details of the battles in the Ukraine, the entire Barbarossa campaign is overviewed. Once you play it you will not be lacking any knowledge about this little appreciated front, the largest single theater of war in the history of mankind.

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 19
- 1/17/2002 12:10:00 PM   
skukko

Desert Fox can be best for new player of SPWAW. With very little experience of SP-series tiy can handle it as it is merely tank-battles. Other two MCs need more than just choosing your targets. They have more infantry involved and desperate tank versus small arms fights. Sure there is tanks to be used to support infantry, but odds against russian hordes are something like 1/5 all the way with armor. So strategy and preplanning is needed, -but I think that is the juice of the game. All MCs beat AI pretty clearly mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 20
- 1/19/2002 7:49:00 AM   
PHA

quote:

Originally posted by RichardTheFirst:
You can't! That was already suggested several times but it seems the costs are too high for Matrix. You have to buy the CD's which for all of us outside USA are very expensive. Check Martin Hall's thread at this forum about a UK dealer with cheaper prices. [ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]
That's a shame... I must say, i can't understand why it is too expensive to have a server where you can download the mega-campaigns...One would think that if you buy the game, they could send you a URL via e-mail, where you could download the mega-campaign. After all, it is only 53 megabytes, and when you can get the game for free (450 + megabytes), and download it, surely it would be possibel to make a system where us abroad can get THE WARGAME of the century...? Well, let this be a lesson taught, we'll just have to buy some more MEGA-CAMPAIGNS!!!! And wait with a lot of patience..:-( GOD

---------------------
Terror In Hostes
---------------------

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 21
- 1/19/2002 1:46:00 PM   
swamp fox

I wanted the latest version without the download, so I ordered Watchtower. I saw Desert Fox was about to sell out, so I ordered it. By that time, I decided I might as well get Lost Victories. Restraint has never been a strong point...
I suspect I'll be asking some very dumb questions late next week, as well as finding out where these campaigns take you when you don't get decisive victories.

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 22
- 1/19/2002 2:44:00 PM   
appunk

I received MCLV as a Christmas gift... it's threatening to ruin my spring semester grades...
Honestly I was somewhat skeptical of what new things a mega campaign could offer beyond the normal campaigns that come with the game...
well, I can only speak for LV (and only ~first 7 missions), but the situations in the game are amazing. It's so refreshing to have realistic missions, with realistic force compositions... I'm used to playing pbem games, where everyone purchases the best units, and proceed to blast away at one another...
Well, you haven't lived until you've felt the thrill of watching panzerjaeger I's from your kampfgruppe's AT element shoot up a group of BT-7's threatening your flank... Thank you gentlemen, I wish you ever greater sucess... and as soon as I get out of school and finish paying off my loans, you'll have my first paycheck ;-) --funnymarx

(in reply to Randy)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> BUY A MEGA CAMPAIGN! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI