Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: January 1st, 1942

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: January 1st, 1942 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/12/2004 9:37:04 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alikchi

So how much damage did you actually take? You can't have come away from this without a scratch.. or is that classified information?

That is definately classified information. I will reveal that the BBs that took the 1000 lbers suffered no more than like 7 or 8 sys damage with no flooding and small fires... The CVs, having a lot less armor, took considerable more damage and were burning and had flooding - thankfully the flooding is stopped and the fires SEEM under control right now... If I send the 2 CVs that were damaged into the shop it will be months before they are good as new - but right now I'm toying with the idea of putting into port to get the fires out and replace lost aircraft and staying at sea with damaged CVs to press my advantage... But I need to find a worthy target to do such a move - if I could find the Enterprise I would most likely go after her, but she's gone... Even my Mavis' can't find her...

Xargun

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 151
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/12/2004 10:42:36 AM   
rroberson

All the torpedo hits were suffered by Lexington. I decided to abandon Lexington based on the fact that she was burning from stern to bow :).

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 152
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/12/2004 10:58:18 AM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

All the torpedo hits were suffered by Lexington. I decided to abandon Lexington based on the fact that she was burning from stern to bow :). Oh and hide the women the Marines have landed.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 153
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/12/2004 6:37:50 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Great AAR guys, Its a blast reading what you 2 get upto. When I'm feeling brave i'll try PvP but till then it's the AI for me ( smart enough as it is ).

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 154
RE: December 31st - 7/12/2004 7:15:02 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

Well, sorry i meant the range advance after his cvs went down

As long as his carriers swim and are able to fight, you need to be carefully.

i understood your situation in this phase in a way that you get the chance to kill 2 more cvs... so he has to bring in too early his ohter carriers and your undamaged cvs can kill his or - if you work even better and eat his other cvs too, you can improve your india-situation a little by killing british ships...

So, to say it short, my plan is (and i would try to do if i were in your situation) to kill the last carriers or force him to use em against yours, the damaged one will be repaired and he is forced to use his and pay for it (maybe you get some happy hits by betties ?)

So for the allied side, he can do nothing or has to pay in blood.

As the allied side, i would push you in india and keep passivly in the pacific... just some hit and runs and let the subs do the rest.... in the moment the japanese strech to far, strike back

Xargun looks good in my eyes, but who will know ?

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 155
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/12/2004 7:23:28 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Your Laser eyed TOJO is hilarious!

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Alikchi2)
Post #: 156
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/12/2004 7:25:30 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Xargun. You are doing very well against his subs. 5 sunk! Not easy.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 157
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/12/2004 11:07:27 PM   
rroberson

MARINES GO ON OFFENSIVE

(AP Oahu) CINCPAC has announced that Marine Raiders led by Major Terry Irvine have seized Japanese territory in their home islands. The marines, part of an unnamed division, landed at Kunashiri Jima yesterday morning, planted the flag and destroyed a small Japanese outpost. Admiral Nimitz was quoted as saying, our enemy needs to understand that we can attack him at will anywhere and at anytime. When pressed about the possibilties of future attacks Nimitz smiled and said, "No Comment."

INDIAN TROOPS CONTINUE TO PRESS INVADERS

The battle of Moulmen enters its third day our brave Commonwealth soldiers continue to push the Japanese south. A force made up of Indian, British, Australian and Chinese forces struck hard along a road north of the town. The commanding British general reports that "Our boys are well ahead of our timetable and intend to push the invader back into Malaya." Sources say this could be the start of a general offensive to squeeze enemy forces between Rangoon and the fortress of Singapore.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 158
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/13/2004 12:47:57 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Xargun. You are doing very well against his subs. 5 sunk! Not easy.

Getting lucky I think... I have a LOT of aircraft on ASW search and they are spotting them for my ASW TFs to hunt and kill.. I have like 70+ ships engaged in ASW right now in several large TF of 10+ ships...

I've damaged several other subs, but they got away - perhaps they will sink before making safe port - I hope so, I know I've lost 3-4 subs sinking on the way home...

Xargun

Post #: 159
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/13/2004 12:58:04 AM   
Xargun

quote:

MARINES GO ON OFFENSIVE

(AP Oahu) CINCPAC has announced that Marine Raiders led by Major Terry Irvine have seized Japanese territory in their home islands. The marines, part of an unnamed division, landed at Kunashiri Jima yesterday morning, planted the flag and destroyed a small Japanese outpost. Admiral Nimitz was quoted as saying, our enemy needs to understand that we can attack him at will anywhere and at anytime. When pressed about the possibilties of future attacks Nimitz smiled and said, "No Comment."

INDIAN TROOPS CONTINUE TO PRESS INVADERS

The battle of Moulmen enters its third day our brave Commonwealth soldiers continue to push the Japanese south. A force made up of Indian, British, Australian and Chinese forces struck hard along a road north of the town. The commanding British general reports that "Our boys are well ahead of our timetable and intend to push the invader back into Malaya." Sources say this could be the start of a general offensive to squeeze enemy forces between Rangoon and the fortress of Singapore.

CinPac made a not-so daring sneak attack on a defenseless Kuril island and landed around 80 marines. The sub that landed them has been pounded by a large ASW TF and will probably not make it home due to damage incurred. Despite finding some nice supplies on the island the Marines are cut off and have no where to go.. I think I'll use my Home Defense air units to pound the hell out of them for some easy target practice Why drop dummy bombs when you can drop real ones on the enemy ?

I think the Brits are drunk. There attacks on Moulmein have been repulsed by a small holding unit. The allies are attacking with 4-6 units and cannot muster enough strength to achieve even 1:1 odds - and thats with NO fort at Moulmein - what will they do when the Imperial Guards arrive in town and knock them the hell back to Rangoon ? The Guards Division is moving right along the road and should arrive in a day or two at most - then the base will be secure.. [BTW: That Guards division is HUGE]

I initiated several more ops the past turn, of which one has finish in capturing Baker Island. No I am in air range of several key South Pacific Islands in the supply chain to OZ.

The buildup at Wake continues despire the heavy allied sub activity. An entire division is on Wake, along with some auxillary units and they are digging in - it will take roughly 3-4 Marine Divisions to capture Wake back. And it will be very bloody and costly for the Allies.

The last 2 turns have been slow with only 3 Allied ships being sunk: AP Crescent City carrying members of the 2nd USMC Div - off the cost of San Fran, CL Dragon and SS KVIII - which tried to torp one of my CS, but they failed to detonate... good thing too.. IJN has suffered 3 lost ships - all from previous damage: 1 AK, 1 AP and 1 SS who almost made it back to a port

The fighting in china is heating up and Rob had better not have pulled too many Chinese units out of china to help the Brits, as I am pushing hard along the entire Chinese front.. Wuchow has fallen giving over more resources to fuel the Japanese economy (and a whopping 3 HI). The city to the NE of Wuchow should fall this turn (forget its name). I plan on having my Chinese theater all done by end of Jan, so my troops are in for a hard month.

Xargun

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 160
RE: January 1st, 1942 - 7/13/2004 2:34:25 AM   
Xargun

Another day and my air force puts a whopping on RN merchies again - 6 merchies sunk, 2 with troops on board - others possibly with supplies headed for the near Burma line at Rangoon. Two of my own merchies sank beneath the waves due to flooding damage from previous turns.

Well I did it again... Got ahead of myself. I have been reconning Kweiyang for several turns now and saw nothing there but a few fighters. So I transfered some fighters and bombers and pounded the place in preparation of a parachute assault - if I captured this it would cut off half of china... Well... once more my recon / intell is worthless... There were like 8 CHinese divisions sitting there and they shot down a lot of my transports and killed over 500 elite paratroopers before the few survivors fled the city hoping to make it to Japanese lines for rescue. I should have known better than to trust my recon intell and should have bombed for a turn or two to make sure before I airdropped in... Oh well... now both of my parachute regiments are useless for a long time trying to replace losses.

The battle for Moulmein continues as the Brits attacked in strength but were driven off once more, although my unit suffered heavy losses. Not sure how much longer they can hold and the Guards are taking their sweet time moving north.

The battle for AMboina is going into its 3rd day - I have knocked down the fort and will hopefully take the base in the next attack.

Allied subs at Wake got a hit in on a merchie and even surfaced to add more damage with its deck gun. I wish I knew where my ASW TF was at this time... and why it hasn't blown these subs out of the water yet...

Well thats about it... Enjoy.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 01/04/42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 62,76

Japanese Ships
PC Toshi Maru #3
PC Tama Maru #8
PC Shonon Maru #15
PC Sonan Maru #5
PC Takunan Maru #2
PC Takunan Maru #10
PC Ch 24
PC Ch 29
PC Ch 30
PG Takunan Maru #10
PG Choan Maru #2
PG Choko Maru #2
PG Heijo Maru
PG Keijo Maru
PG Seikai Maru
PG Shoei Maru
PG Shotoku Maru

Allied Ships
SS Pickerel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack near Wake Island at 82,63

Japanese Ships
ML Kuroshima

Allied Ships
SS Cachalot
Naval bombardment of Cagayan, at 42,59

Japanese Ships
DD Harusame
DD Murasame
DD Asagumo
DD Minegumo
DD Natsugumo
CL Naka

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Runway hits 2
Port hits 1
Port fuel hits 1
Port supply hits 3
Sub attack near Rangoon at 29,34

Japanese Ships
SS I-156

Allied Ships
AP Speelman, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied ground losses:
93 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 34
Ki-15 Babs x 1

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 6
I-16c x 7

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
I-153c: 8 destroyed
I-16c: 8 destroyed, 1 damaged
Day Air attack on 56th Division, at 22,47

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 4

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 1 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 25200 feet
Day Air attack on 56th Division, at 22,47

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 4

Allied aircraft
Brewster 339D x 5
Martin 139 x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Brewster 339D: 5 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet
2 x Brewster 339D strafing at 100 feet
1 x Brewster 339D strafing at 100 feet
Day Air attack on 101st USAAF Base Force, at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 4 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on 4th Coastal Gun Battalion, at 39,73

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 1
B5N Kate x 18

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
43 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
Day Air attack on Corregidor M Fortress, at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 5 damaged

Allied ground losses:
25 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Rangoon at 29,34

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 4
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 5

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed

Allied Ships
AK Empire Bunting

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 26,32

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 13
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 31

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Empire Barracuda, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Empire Snipe, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Akyab at 30,29

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 3
G3M Nell x 4

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AK Soerabaja, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 13

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
AK Høegh Merchant
AK Prominent, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 22
G3M Nell x 6

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
AP Rochussen
AP Van Landsberge, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied ground losses:
48 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 4

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Steel Traveler, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 5

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 9

Japanese aircraft losses

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 8

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
AK Hague Maru, Shell hits 7, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Allied Ships
SS Dolphin
Naval bombardment of Cagayan, at 42,59

Japanese Ships
DD Harusame
DD Murasame
DD Asagumo
DD Minegumo
DD Natsugumo
CL Naka

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 14
Port hits 1
Port supply hits 2
Ground combat at Nanning

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 28981 troops, 343 guns, 8 vehicles

Defending force 22562 troops, 123 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
28 casualties reported
Ground combat at Amboina

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 2663 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1574 troops, 8 guns, 1 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Japanese ground losses:
31 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
122 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Ground combat at Moulmein

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 15795 troops, 162 guns, 421 vehicles

Defending force 6311 troops, 49 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 0)

Allied Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Japanese ground losses:
558 casualties reported
Guns lost 22

Allied ground losses:
156 casualties reported
Guns lost 5
Vehicles lost 1
Ground combat at Kweiyang

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 1196 troops, 16 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 73849 troops, 533 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese ground losses:
504 casualties reported
Guns lost 11

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 161
December Review - 7/13/2004 4:28:42 AM   
rroberson

10 Lessons learned.

This isnt a great review or anything, just some of my thoughts about this pbem. I won't get into anything that could hurt me in game now...sort of a what the hell I was thinking during the last month of the game.

1. Pearl Harbor. The biggest lession of December was that my opponents will always pound me for 3 or 4 days in and around Pearl Harbor. Of the 5 games Im in (all of them as the US) only one opponent has failed to do this. I have tried multiple different things to take jabs at the Jap battlestar none of them have been effective.

2. Its the economy. That is, in December you will spend the bulk of your time not sending forces into harm's way, but getting them out of it. I have probably spent more time sneaking ships into spots and pulled planes, supplies and fuel out of spots then anything else. I built up a huge amount of shipping on the West Coast prior to the arrival of enemy submarines :) and got them underway. Manage your own convoys, the auto convoy will assure that you will find the nearest Japanese sub and run right over it. AKs are gold, spend them like it.

3. If you can, do. One of my base strategies for the 1st six months of this conflict was, if i can catch his carriers and take a poke...I will. I lost the Battle of Wake Island. A tactical defeat thanks to sinking of the Lexington. But the heavy damage I caused to his two carriers (I got a glimpse of Hiryu through my sub periscope...naturally the torpedos were duds) will put them out of action for a while. That slows his momentum down. And anything that does that is good. The Battle of Rangoon is similiar. Again taking pokes at him when and where I can. Originally he was dashing north with a couple of small units, until I popped both of them. Now, I see the bulk of the Japanese Army headed north to engage my poor Indians. If they are there, then there is no one bringing down the house in Singapore. And the longer Singapore lasts :). Well you get the idea.

4. Philippines. You are hosed in the Philippines. Doesnt matter what you do here. Sooner or latter you are going to run out of rations. I have been slipping AKs in, to drop off supplies and move out short ranged aircraft. But the bottom line is...he will crack my defensive lines sooner or later...and once there is a crack it will come down like a house of cards.

5. RN. The Royal Navy is ...well its not very good. I am honestly clueless what to do with all these warships. The Battleships are designed to take Jap torpedos. And the destroyers don't really have long enough legs to be useful. So they sit swaying at anchor.

6. Damn the torpedos. American Subs...well they aren't very good either. Actually the subs aren't bad, but just as in history the torpedos are. I had Hiryu, dead to rights the day after Wake Island...torpedos away...dud. I wanted to cry. Had I gotten that kill, the Battle of Wake would of been an American victory. The Subs have been nice for alerting me to what is coming. My enemy's ASW battlestars have been effective in making me move from spot to spot, but his ASW guys shoot like my torpedos. Dutch submarines different story, I love these guys...they could teach their pilots a thing or two.

7. Tripwires. I decided before I ever sent a turn there would be spots on the map that would be contested at all costs. I drew up extensive plans and implemented all the troop movements necessary to hurt him at every turn when he crossed those tripwires. He has crossed 2 now. The battle for one has been bloody and will remain so for the bulk of the game. Ultimetly I will lose the area, even I know that. But he will pay heavily for it. The second one will likely be just as bloody. And the end similar. Despite the huge day-to-day management of my assests, everything thing is in accordance to my Tripwire plans. I have set units into place throughout the theatres now waiting for him to cross. When he does...:) ...its going to get messy.

8. Patience. I am probably the most impatient player in the world. I see the enemy I kill the enemy. You can't do that as the Allies and its very painful. I spend most of my time moving merchant ships and I think that is my fate for 2 more months or more. I have several ops in motion, only one of them is overtly offensive (2 others can become that way very quickly) and I spent 3 weeks building up the supplies and forces necessary to make it come off. Its a hard road being the allied player. If you lack patience, be the Japanese player.

9. IJN Carriers. I have managed to keep tabs on his carriers for almost the entire game. This single fact more then anything else has aided me in countless small to medium ship movements and ops planning. Find them and plot around them frequently.

10. China. It took me 3 weeks to figure out what to do here. I'm an admiral not a general...that being said from reading other people's pbems and considering my own situation I have come up with the "Press Him" plan. I have given up a lot of ground, but it has allowed me to organize. I have hurt him a couple of times (Battle of Houman anyone)and will continue to strike where I can. Hit and Run (though you can hardly phrase it that way). My goal is to keep him engaged as long as possible. And in December it worked. I may go on the offensive in a couple of spots. He is very thin in areas....we shall see what he gives me.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rroberson -- 7/13/2004 8:15:51 AM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 162
RE: December Review - 7/13/2004 7:10:03 AM   
Xargun

Well since Rob did it and I like it (good idea btw) I will do something similar.

Looking back with hindsight there are several things I will do my next PBEM game as Japan. Assuming same rules - nothing but historic landings - PI, Malaya, Guam, Wake - and China...

Rob's plans of delaying me are working in China, in several places he has left 4-5 units behind to stop me from advancing along the rail. Mostly Nanning is suffering from this, but now so is Hanoi. Until I blast through his units, he has effectively blocked the southern approach to china.

1. Next time I will add another unit to the invasion of Wake... Even a crappy ENG unit with some offense (like 5 assault points) will tip the sides completely in my favor and win me Wake on day one or two. In this game Wake has cost me 2 CLs, 2 AKs and an AP - not to mention the latest round of CV vs CV battles - with Wake falling early this is all avoided.

2. Attack in Malaya and PI faster than I have so far. I didn't realize my men were disrupted and fatigued from Malaria and let then sit there for 2 weeks doing almost nothing. Thats at least 1 or 2 bases I have not captured both in PI and Malaya.

3. Spend at least 3+ days hammering PH - after day 2 the airfields and aircraft are done, so I can switch over to TFs or Ships in Port as well.. I'm glad I hammered his repair facilities (got 42 points - so I disabled 21 repair yards) and perhaps this has slowed him down some in repairing his ships - it has at least sucked up 21,000 points of supply.

4. Need to get those air bases in Malaya up and running faster - maybe land some ENG with the second wave and get the useless Sally's over there - their range of 6 sitting in Saigon is useless. But in Malaya then would cover the Straights and Singapore much more effective than my subs. Also base my LR bombers at Bangkok, not Siagon which will also increase their range into the Indian Ocean.

5. More Patience. My lack of patence has cost me the bulk of 2 parachute regiments. I keep thinking of PacWar terms and want to move quickly, but I have to slow down and let time work for me.. Not against me.. With my longer range plans time is my friend...

6. Plan ahead more. At game start I had no real ops planned except for what the game starts with. Now I am finding I need to haul ships and material a long distance to make my ops work. A HINT: on turn one, send a large TF of fuel and supplies to the Islands to SE - east of Turk (can't think of their names atm). I am doing some small scale ops there and have a large lack of supplies and fuel.. and its a week away at the current speeds of transports.

7. Japanese Industry.... ARGH... Looking back I have definately over expanded - and am now suffering some lack of supplies. I didn't ruin myself, and am almost back to where I need to be, but I had a week of low supplies that had me worried. But now things are all running good and the supply is starting to accumulate again. You need to spend many hours looking into the future as Japan for what to build or not to build and I can honestly say NOW I am about 90% to where I need to be on turn one [unfortunately I'm almost a month into the game].

8. OIL... OIL... OIL... My economy operates on Oil.. Once I secure the PI, Malaya and like 1-2 more bases in China I will have enough resources for a long time... But no oil... My future plans hinge on the major Oil bases, of which I am weary of attacking until I am 100% ready.. If I attack too so and cannot protect it, he will be able to bomb my oil production flat. But if I wait to long, I'll destroy half of it in the attack to take it. So I'm of 2 minds on this subject and I think only time and experience will let me know which is best to go with.

9. Project Power... My CVs allow me to project power anywhere I send them - but once they are seen, the enemy can react elsewhere and I'm helpless to stop him. Japan's position is not good at the onset of the war and I hope by January I can solidify some of my weak spots - between new units arriving - both land, air and sea and time to build defenses I hope to be able to stop any attack until mid 43 when the game will really start.

10. DO NOT TRUST JAPANESE INTELL.. Everytime I have relied on them they have been dead wrong.. They cannot even tell the difference between a CV and a CA - even after bombing them. This makes it hard as its so easy to look at the map and see whats there and believe it.... But don't...

11. Its never to early to think ASW... Late december I finally got my ASW TFs running and if not sinking his subs, forcing him to move around everyturn or be hammered. This forces him to spend fuel moving, as well as the chance that he'll waste torps on my ASW ships - most ASW are not worth anything. He has in deed fired many torps at PCs, PTs and PGs instead of valuable ships. Now a single hit will kill one of those small ships, but it could just as easily kill a fully loaded AK or AP too. If you plan ahead you can have ASW groups already formed up and striking at the Allied subs as soon as you see them - instead of weeks later like it took me.

Overall I am having a good time and have learned a lot from this game in less the a month of game time. I think my future plans (and games) will be much more organized and efficient once I fine tune my current plans and agendas. I still think the key to playing Japan is in making her economy work how you want so you have planes, tanks and guns to fight with in 44.

My goal is to win by 1945... If I cannot win by then, then I doubt I can win at all - the US will just overpower me everywhere they go.. I think 43 will be a good year for points and if I can hold back the US onslaught during the last half of the year then I have a shot to win in 44... But who knows... we will see...

Xargun

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 163
RE: December Review - 7/13/2004 6:28:55 PM   
incbob

Something that strikes me about the comments you both have made, especially XARGUN. You can tell that WiTP is a pretty good simulation because both of your "plans" and "ideas" are pretty historical.

I love Xargun's final comments. I could almost see a Japanese admiral making these comments in 1941.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 164
3 January 1942 - 7/13/2004 10:36:56 PM   
rroberson

MOULMEIN RETAKEN

After 3 days of heavy fighting Commonwealth troops pushed the Japanese out of Moulmein. Led by Brig Gen R. A. Savory the 23rd Indian infantry division drove the fleeing Japanese south. Lt General Pownall of the Southeast Asia command told reporters,"Operation Fly Swatter exceeded our wildest dreams. We have now sent the enemy fleeing into the jungle and relieved pressure off of Singapore."

ABDA FORMED

President Franklin D. Roosevelt and Prime Minister Winston S. Churchill announce the creation of a unified command in the SW Pacific, with General Sir Archibald P. Wavell as supreme commander of American, British, Dutch, and Australian (ABDA) forces in that area.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 165
RE: 3 January 1942 - 7/13/2004 11:03:37 PM   
Nikademus

nice banner.... lol

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 166
RE: December Review - 7/14/2004 1:13:09 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: incbob

Something that strikes me about the comments you both have made, especially XARGUN. You can tell that WiTP is a pretty good simulation because both of your "plans" and "ideas" are pretty historical.

I love Xargun's final comments. I could almost see a Japanese admiral making these comments in 1941.

I'm almost quoting Yamamoto when he said that he will have victory after victory over the British and Us for the first 6-12 months... Then he would lose. Not sure the exact quote, but I'm sure people on here know it. I have no delusions as to who will win the war, but I CAN win the game.. It won't be easy and I'm scounting on getting the big oil bases mostly intact (if not -- GAME OVER)... and also counting on some luck in combats down the road...

Xargun

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 167
RE: 3 January 1942 - 7/14/2004 1:15:01 AM   
Xargun

quote:

MOULMEIN RETAKEN

After 3 days of heavy fighting Commonwealth troops pushed the Japanese out of Moulmein. Led by Brig Gen R. A. Savory the 23rd Indian infantry division drove the fleeing Japanese south. Lt General Pownall of the Southeast Asia command told reporters,"Operation Fly Swatter exceeded our wildest dreams. We have now sent the enemy fleeing into the jungle and relieved pressure off of Singapore."

ABDA FORMED

President Franklin D. Roosevelt and Prime Minister Winston S. Churchill announce the creation of a unified command in the SW Pacific, with General Sir Archibald P. Wavell as supreme commander of American, British, Dutch, and Australian (ABDA) forces in that area.

Bleah.. Your 7 units defeated a beat up, exhausted unit sent there to hold the line. I have several divisions getting ready to steamroll into Moulmein and Rangoon so you better be building defenses... BTW, keep trying to resupply Rangoon and Aykab (sp ?) by sea - my bombers are enjoying the practice... BTW, is Rangoon harbor about blocked with all those sunken merchies ?

Xargun

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 168
6 January 1942 - 7/14/2004 1:29:02 AM   
Xargun

Well another couple days have gone by and the sunken ships along the coast of Burma keeps getting larger. The RN must have an unlimited supply of AKs to be taking this kind of beating and still doing it. But since Torps don't really cost me anything and his kills on my AC have drastically shrunk (since I now have my bombers not attacking anything out of escort range) I will keep it up and keep scoring points.
He did take Moulmein back last turn - the unit holding it was simply exhausted and abused. It wasn't very large to begin with and had taken some hits at Tavoy as well... It will fall back and get some rest, while I hold the road between Tavoy and Moulmein. I am trying to kill one of his BF stuck in the jungles in Burma and once that is done, I will continue my march on Moulmein and Rangoon.
I've taken another chinese base [Kweilin] and soon there will be heavy fighting for 2-3 more chinese bases as I have multiple units moving against them. They should be good fights, as Rob has 4+ units at them and despite them having low experience, I'm sure they'll give me a good fight.

I took Amboina last turn too and am moving in fighters and some DBs for protection. Many of you might go Where ??? But Amboina is an oil producing base in the DEI and it produces 300 oil per day, so its valuable to me.. Not like Brunei or Miri, but still its valuable... Nice thing was it had almost 2000 oil in it when captured... Which makes me believe Rob has been raiding these bases every couple days and hauling the oil / resources back home to OZ - good move... He needs to. I will say that one of the Malaya bases has been the best capture yet so far, over 18,000 resources... I have no idea how it accumulated that much, but it did and now its being shipped to Bangkok and Saigon for use in Japanese industry.

I got a report that the SS Stingray foundered and sunk while attempting to retreat home for repairs and I love it !! About time this happens to him - its been happening to me since day 2...

I have landed troops in both Brunei and San Marcelino (PI) and should captured both bases today or tomorrow [game time] as the landing forces are good sized. Hopefully I'll kill some units and not just watch them run away - especially in PI... I don't need MORE defenders at Clark Field...

Speaking of the PI, I should be beginning my assault on Clark within a couple days - once all my units have convereged on the base... It should be a good, long fight with me winning of course.. But its a matter of time...

Well here is the latest report... enjoy..

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 01/06/42
TF 82 troops unloading over beach at Kunashiri Jima, 75,38

Japanese ground losses:
24 casualties reported
Sub attack at 37,39

Japanese Ships
TK Akane Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire * Solid hit.. She'll probably sink

Allied Ships
SS O20
ASW attack near Wake Island at 82,63

Japanese Ships * Its pretty sad when even MLs are attacking your subs !!
ML Saishu
ML Hoko

Allied Ships
SS Cachalot
Coastal Guns at Brunei, 32,57, firing at TF 168
TF 168 troops unloading over beach at Brunei, 32,57

58 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships * Had some good counter-battery fire for once
DD Shinonome
CA Mogami
CA Atago
AP Ryugi Maru, Shell hits 2
AP Koei Maru, Shell hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
353 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Allied ground losses:
148 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 2
TF 82 troops unloading over beach at Kunashiri Jima, 75,38

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported
Coastal Guns at Brunei, 32,57, firing at TF 168
TF 168 troops unloading over beach at Brunei, 32,57

10 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
DD Usugumo
DD Fubuki

Japanese ground losses:
99 casualties reported
Day Air attack on Homan , at 49,30

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 23
Ki-30 Ann x 13

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 1

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
I-153c: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
SB-2c: 4 destroyed, 4 damaged

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
2 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on 1st Mixed Regiment, at 40,38

Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 14

Allied aircraft losses
SB-2c: 3 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x SB-2c bombing at 1000 feet
4 x SB-2c bombing at 1000 feet
3 x SB-2c bombing at 1000 feet
Day Air attack on 5th Division, at 22,47

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 4

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 55th/A Division, at 29,36

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 3

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4
Blenheim I x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Blenheim I bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Brunei at 32,57

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 5

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 destroyed, 3 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Chokai
CA Mikuma

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 3
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 5

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 3
P-40B Tomahawk x 3

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
AK Eidsvold

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 15
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 32

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 3
P-40B Tomahawk x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 1 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Høegh Merchant, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
AK Indora, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
AK Ravnaas, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Coastal Guns at San Marcelino, 43,50, firing at TF 92
TF 92 troops unloading over beach at San Marcelino, 43,50

173 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
DD Arashio, Shell hits 1
DD Murakumo, Shell hits 1
AP Iwaki Maru

Japanese ground losses:
777 casualties reported * OUCH !!
Ground combat at Nanning

Attacking force 31028 troops, 406 guns, 8 vehicles

Defending force 22624 troops, 125 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
44 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Ground combat at Kunashiri Jima

Attacking force 1749 troops, 3 guns, 124 vehicles

Defending force 20 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 83 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Kunashiri Jima base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
4 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
34 casualties reported
Ground combat at San Marcelino

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 7213 troops, 65 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 8136 troops, 98 guns, 7 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
4 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 169
7 January 1942 - 7/14/2004 8:41:52 AM   
Xargun

Another day and a few more Allied ships sunk 1 AK damaged earlier went down this turn as well as those listed below. Nothing major happened, but several landings and attacks are planned and troops are marching all over asia - particularly in china, where over 300,000 men are moving forward towards the chinese lines...

I finally had some time to sort out the mess of my first combat unit arrivals.. I got like 12 base forces split at 2 different bases several turns ago and am finally getting to the point where I am loading them up and sending them where they are or will be needed...

Well not that much happened this turn, so here ya go...

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 01/07/42
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
DD Hatsuyuki
DD Arashio

Japanese ground losses:
256 casualties reported

Japanese Ships
SS I-166

Allied Ships
AK Eidsvold, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied ground losses:
85 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Sub attack near Canton Island at 98,99

Japanese Ships
SS I-22

Allied Ships
DD Selfridge
DD Downes
ASW attack at 65,78

Japanese Ships
PC Toshi Maru #3
PC Tama Maru #8
PC Shonon Maru #15
PC Sonan Maru #5
PC Takunan Maru #2
PC Takunan Maru #10
PC Ch 24
PC Ch 29
PC Ch 30
PG Takunan Maru #10
PG Choan Maru #2
PG Choko Maru #2
PG Heijo Maru
PG Keijo Maru
PG Seikai Maru
PG Shoei Maru
PG Shotoku Maru

Allied Ships
SS S-37, hits 1
TF 52 troops unloading over beach at Taytay, 39,53

Japanese ground losses:
73 casualties reported
TF 52 troops unloading over beach at Taytay, 39,53

Japanese ground losses:
50 casualties reported

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 24
Ki-30 Ann x 15

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 1

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-30 Ann: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
SB-2c: 1 destroyed

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 5

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on Rahaeng , at 31,35

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4
Vildebeest IV x 3
Blenheim I x 6

Allied aircraft losses
Vildebeest IV: 3 damaged
Blenheim I: 3 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Vildebeest IV bombing at 1000 feet

Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 3

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 21st/A Division, at 40,38

Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 6

Allied aircraft losses
SB-2c: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
21 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 2

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
CA Mikuma

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 15

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 3
P-40B Tomahawk x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
ASW attack at 104,67

Japanese Ships
SS I-175

Allied Ships
DMS Hopkins
DMS Long
DMS Elliot
DMS Southard
Sub attack near Johnston Island at 102,74

Japanese Ships
SS I-8

Allied Ships
MSW Robin, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
Ground combat at 46,36

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 124347 troops, 1563 guns, 14 vehicles

Defending force 7440 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 1100 to 1

Allied ground losses:
425 casualties reported

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!
Ground combat at Nanning

Attacking force 38789 troops, 524 guns, 9 vehicles

Defending force 22543 troops, 124 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
61 casualties reported
Ground combat at Brunei

Attacking force 6146 troops, 26 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 946 troops, 13 guns, 1 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 9 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Brunei base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
26 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
17 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Attacking force 12339 troops, 151 guns, 6 vehicles

Defending force 8135 troops, 73 guns, 2 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese ground losses:
921 casualties reported
Guns lost 18
Vehicles lost 2

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Vehicles lost 1

Attacking force 7202 troops, 63 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 10985 troops, 116 guns, 2 vehicles
Ground combat at 29,37

Attacking force 7251 troops, 82 guns, 5 vehicles

Defending force 460 troops, 0 guns, 1 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 590 to 1

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 170
9 January 1942 - 7/15/2004 9:49:12 AM   
Xargun

Well two more days have gone by and the pace has slowed waaaay down.. I have taken my frontal air units mostly offline for the past 2 days for some R&R as well as a chance to get some more aircraft replacements and repairs done. It seems to have worked as most of my bomber units are back up to full strength now and begging to sink more allied ships...

I have also used these two days to move a lot of units into attack position. Two chinese bases are about to fall: Hengchow and Homan (I think). I have massed over 100,000 troops at both locations and will be attacking as soon as some fatigue is lowered from the hard march.

Rob is still playing his delaying tactics in china, as chinese troops are still sitting in Nanning - where I can only get a 2:1 odds and have been unable to drive them off - although I'm not sure why I am taking such heavy casualties attacking them when they have no defenses.... Hmmm...

My troops have entered Johoro Bahru in Malaya and will be engaging the 5 Allied Brigades there.. Should be a good fight as I see he has both British Malaya Brigades there - and from my experience in PacWar they have good experience.. So it may take some time... Upon seeing them, the general called for more men and another division is on its way to help...

I also have troops in San Marcelino and will be beginning to wear down the PI defenses...

AT Wake Rob has managed to lay a nice minefield in which my ASW TF discovered and began taking apart - unit a PC hit two mines... I believe people in Saigon were complaining when the wreckage fell into the town square... Wake is closed to all but essential traffic until some MSW can be brought in and clear the area...

Rob and I both have lost a sub each from flooding and I have also lost one of the AKs involved in the Wake invasion. It succumbed to flooding damage enroute to Tokyo..

Well nothing much more to report other than some bombings by both sides and useless land combat... Oh I do want to thank Rob for leaving me such a nice surplus of Oil at Brunei. I was hoping on some oil, and had 1 TK enroute to pick it up, but Rob was so nice I've had to call in several more to haul it all away... In all, Rob left like 36,000 units of oil in Brunei for me - apparently this is the dumping spot for both Brunei and Miri.... I like it a lot Thats enough oil to run my entire empire for almost 3 days... PLUS, I got Brunei relatively intact - only like 25 damage to the oil... Now if I can get Palembang in such a state..

Well here ya go...

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 01/09/42

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 19
Ki-30 Ann x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-30 Ann: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on Tavoy , at 28,37

Japanese aircraft
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 8

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 3
Blenheim I x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 1 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on Rangoon , at 29,34

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 35
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 42

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4
P-40B Tomahawk x 3

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 1 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 5 destroyed, 4 damaged

Allied ground losses:
7 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
8 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
5 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet
5 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
3 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
2 x G3M Nell bombing at 15000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 25
G3M Nell x 16

Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 1

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40B Tomahawk: 5 destroyed, 1 damaged
Martin 139: 1 destroyed

Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
4 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
Day Air attack on Amboina , at 39,73 * Trying to kill my new oil source

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
Day Air attack on Baker Island , at 94,92

Allied aircraft
PBY Catalina x 1
B-17E Fortress x 18

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x B-17E Fortress bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on 19th Mixed Brigade, at 40,38

Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 3

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 6

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese ground losses:
30 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 21st/B Division, at 40,38

Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 3

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
Sub attack at 119,68

Japanese Ships
SS I-19

Allied Ships
AP Chaumont, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Hopefully will sink before reaching port..
CA Pensacola

Allied ground losses:
36 casualties reported
Ground combat at Nanning

Attacking force 39457 troops, 495 guns, 7 vehicles

Defending force 22381 troops, 120 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
649 casualties reported
Guns lost 20
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
96 casualties reported
Guns lost 3
Ground combat at Homan

Attacking force 39754 troops, 523 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 41676 troops, 288 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
168 casualties reported

Attacking force 10526 troops, 118 guns, 2 vehicles

Defending force 8146 troops, 70 guns, 1 vehicles
Ground combat at Johore Bahru

Attacking force 38317 troops, 472 guns, 11 vehicles

Defending force 13187 troops, 102 guns, 0 vehicles
Ground combat at 42,36 * My poor cutoff paratroopers

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 14051 troops, 83 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 570 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 42 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
44 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
17 casualties reported

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

Attacking force 7280 troops, 62 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 11095 troops, 119 guns, 2 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
14 casualties reported

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 171
RE: 9 January 1942 - 7/15/2004 11:09:30 AM   
rroberson

AMERICA's 1st DOUBLE ACE!

Flight Office Vance Browning of the AVG has become America's 1st Double Ace while aiding Commonwealth Troops in the defense of Rangoon. The Iowa native racked up his kills in a month of heavy fighting over the Burma skies. The Army has already awarded the 21 year old ace with the silver star and earmarked America's hero for an early promotion to the senior officer ranks.

CHINESE ALLIES BRAVELY FIGHT ON!

In Nanning, the Chinese army continues to hold on against vicious attackes by Japanese soldiers bent on repeating the destrution of Nanking just 4 years earlier.

BRITISH FORCES SURROUND TOBRUK

In North Africa... A strong encirclement of Tobruk is completed by the Commonwealth forces

LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

The War Department reminds all families of sailors and merchantmen that ships movements are secret, the Germans, Japanese and Italians are listening.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rroberson -- 7/15/2004 9:12:57 AM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 172
10 January 1942 - 7/16/2004 8:50:31 AM   
Xargun

Another day and it got a little better today... Sunk a total of 4 more allied ships, although the DD Mahan sunk from previous damage - but I'll take the kill... Today was basically a day of rest for my men in china as they prepare to take two bases.

I had some extra Betties and decided to hit the airfield at Palembang to damage it some.. Big mistake, Ro had a bunch of fighters there and they mauled my unescorted bombers.. I think I got one runway hit and lost like 6 planes with more damaged... Not a good idea..

Other than that nothing much happened..

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 01/10/42
Night Time Surface Combat, near San Jose at 41,53

Japanese Ships
CL Kashii
CL Nagara
CL Isuzu
DD Shiokaze
DD Kasasagi
DD Kari
DD Kiji
DD Kamo

Allied Ships
AK Kanlaon II, Shell hits 19, and is sunk
ASW attack near Canton Island at 98,99

Japanese Ships
SS RO-67, hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Allied Ships
DD Selfridge
DD Downes

Japanese Ships
SS I-162

Allied Ships
AP Van Neck, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 19
Ki-30 Ann x 14

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-30 Ann: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 3

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 20

Allied aircraft
I-153c x 5
I-16c x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
I-153c: 2 destroyed

Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 17000 feet
8 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 17000 feet
Day Air attack on Kuala Lumpur , at 23,46

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 4

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-27 Nate: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 destroyed, 3 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 25200 feet
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 25200 feet
Day Air attack on Palembang , at 20,55 * Stupid move

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 17

Allied aircraft
Wirraway x 3
CW-21B Demon x 3
Brewster 339D x 4

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 8 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
CW-21B Demon: 2 damaged

Runway hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
2 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Amboina , at 39,73

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-17E Fortress bombing at 20000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 18
G3M Nell x 13

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 3
P-40B Tomahawk x 2

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 2 destroyed
P-40B Tomahawk: 3 destroyed

Allied Ships
AP Van Neck, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x G3M Nell launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 3
G3M Nell x 3

Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 1

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
AP Rochussen, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk

Aircraft Attacking:
Sub attack near Canton Island at 98,99

Japanese Ships
SS RO-68

Allied Ships
DD Selfridge, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Downes
Ground combat at Homan

Attacking force 40597 troops, 549 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 8045 troops, 71 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
58 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Attacking force 38357 troops, 473 guns, 12 vehicles

Defending force 13186 troops, 101 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Guns lost 1
Ground combat at Kungchang

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 8985 troops, 72 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 2040 troops, 0 guns, 142 vehicles

Allied assault odds: 3 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
382 casualties reported
Guns lost 6

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

Attacking force 7273 troops, 63 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 11129 troops, 121 guns, 2 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 173
11 January 1942 - 7/16/2004 8:58:59 AM   
Xargun

Well a busy day in china as the glorious japanese armies conquer two more chinese cities: Hengchow and Homan. I gave my troops there a full day of rest and bombed the enemy units as much as possible and took the cities fairly easily.. One was easier as Rob pulled most of his men out, but I still smashed his rear guard good... Now I'll pursue them deeper into china.. Rob was nice and left me over 40,000 supplies in Hengchow - my troops are even now enjoying them

I sunk 2 allied ships and lost none of my own this turn which is always good.. The best part is that one of the enemy ships was a sub.. I also brutalize another sub - if you can believe the reports..

Other than my successes in china not much has happened... But I still have 2 ops being working on - but due to a lost TK carrying fuel for one, it has been postponed for a week or so until a replacement can be sent... I don't miss the fuel it was carrying... just the ship itself

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 01/11/42
Sub attack at 56,42

Japanese Ships
PC Shonan Maru #1
PC Ch 17
PC Ch 16
PC Ch 15
PC Ch 14
PC Ch 13
PC Takunan Maru #5
PC Shonan Maru #17
PC Kyo Maru #11
PC Kyo Maru #2
DD Samidare
DD Yudachi

Allied Ships
SS Nautilus, hits 2, on fire * YEAH !!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 80,62

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 6
PC Ch 5
PC Ch 4
PC Seki Maru #2
PC Fumi Maru
PG Zuiko Maru
PG Yoshida Maru
PC Ishigaki
PC Kunashiri
PC Hachijo
DD Inazuma

Allied Ships
SS Argonaut
Sub attack at 21,47

Japanese Ships
SS I-121

Allied Ships
AK Empire Spray, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported
Sub attack at 52,42

Japanese Ships
DD Hato
CA Kinugasa
CA Chikuma
CVL Shoho

Allied Ships
SS Searaven

Japanese Ships
AP Genkai Maru, Shell hits 13, on fire

Allied Ships
SS Cuttlefish

Japanese ground losses:
108 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 20
Ki-30 Ann x 12

No Japanese losses

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on Kuala Lumpur , at 23,46

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 3

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on Amboina , at 39,73

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 2

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 2 destroyed * YEAH... if it can be believed
Day Air attack on Manila , at 43,52

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 44
G4M1 Betty x 50

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 2 destroyed, 3 damaged

Allied ground losses:
7 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Runway hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
13 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
6 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on 7th Chinese Corps, at 45,37

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 4
Ki-15 Babs x 1

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B5N Kate bombing at 5000 feet
Day Air attack on 48th Chinese Corps, at 45,37

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 26
Ki-30 Ann x 7

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
7 x Ki-30 Ann bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on SSVF Brigade, at 22,49

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 18
Ki-51 Sonia x 24
Ki-48 Lily x 23

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
21 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing at 2000 feet
23 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on 1st Malaya Brigade, at 22,49

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 23
Ki-48 Lily x 6

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on 56th/B Division, at 22,49

Allied aircraft
CW-21B Demon x 2
Brewster 339D x 7

Allied aircraft losses
Brewster 339D: 2 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Brewster 339D bombing at 2000 feet
2 x CW-21B Demon bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on 21st/A Division, at 40,38

Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 3

Allied aircraft losses
SB-2c: 2 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 21st/B Division, at 40,38

Allied aircraft
SB-2c x 3

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese ground losses:
28 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on TF, near Kuching at 28,56

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 6

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 5

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
CL Sendai

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 6

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 2

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses

Japanese Ships
CL Sendai

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Martin 139 bombing at 1000 feet
Sub attack at 63,75

Japanese Ships
AP Yokohama Maru
PC Ch 30
PC Ch 29
PC Ch 24

Allied Ships
SS Pickerel
Sub attack at 21,47

Japanese Ships
SS I-121

Allied Ships
AK Empire Spray, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
Sub attack at 39,42

Japanese Ships
MSW Hinode Maru #20
MSW Toshi Maru #2
MSW Rokko Maru

Allied Ships
SS Shark
ASW attack at 80,80

Japanese Ships
PC Takuna Maru #7
PC Shonon Maru #11
PC Shonon Maru #10
PC Shonon Maru #3
PC Kyo Maru #7
PC Kyo Maru #6
PC Fumi Maru #3
PG Toyotsu Maru
PG Santos Maru
PG Nagata Maru
PG Kantori Maru
PG Hakkaisan Maru
PG Daido Maru

Allied Ships
SS S-27, hits 3, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
Ground combat at Hengchow

Attacking force 126727 troops, 1582 guns, 94 vehicles

Defending force 37303 troops, 267 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 2

Japanese assault odds: 5 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Hengchow base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
584 casualties reported
Guns lost 12
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
2366 casualties reported
Guns lost 23

Ground combat at Homan

Attacking force 62505 troops, 819 guns, 6 vehicles

Defending force 7961 troops, 65 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 3

Japanese assault odds: 14 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Homan base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
31 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
789 casualties reported
Guns lost 43

Attacking force 38383 troops, 476 guns, 12 vehicles

Defending force 13192 troops, 100 guns, 0 vehicles

Attacking force 7248 troops, 63 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 11170 troops, 120 guns, 2 vehicles

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 174
13 January 1942 - 7/17/2004 8:12:59 AM   
Xargun

Well its been another couple slow days in which I've sunk 4 allied ships and lost 2 of my own. The best ship sunk was another Allied Sub !! I have noticed sub losses for both sides are slowing way down and I think thats cause were both getting smarter on how / where to use them. We hit and move... Plus, I think Rob doesn't have as many around Japan as he did - damage or lack of torps sent them home and now its a LOOOONG way to a resupply port - PH, Burma or Australia - depending on where he has his AS ships.. For me, 90% of my losses were around PH in the first week of the war - or the sub was damaged then and sunk on the way home, now my subs are better deployed - at least I think.

I am getting ready to hit San Marcelino in PI hard and capture it as soon as some reinforcements arrive - should be a day or two.. Same with Joho Bahu near Singapore.. I've been bombing them both heavily and should be able to take them in a single attempt - I hope..

I'm also about to blast through some retreating chinese units blocking the road to Sian (I think). My attack should scatter them and open the road for my divisions..

I have also just got my first real batch of reinforcements as Japan - 3 bomber groups (including a group of 36 Betties), and a dozen combat units - all smaller ones, but perfect for island hopping in the SRA and DEI.. I got a bunch of ENG units ten days or so ago and still don't have them all sent out yet - I don't have enough bases to send them all to - AND its a long trip to Truk and those southern ports from Japan - especially moving at 3 hexes a day. These reinforcements will be plugging some holes in my air defenses as well as giving me more offensive might - which I seriously lack right now do to my major units tied up in Malaya and PI.

In the next week I will have a definite answer to my War in China question - whether to advance and take what I want, or simply be content with what I have now. I will say that it sure take a LOOOOOONG time to move anything in china - even on rails.. I think supplies and resources move faster than my units do.

Thats about it for now, although the next couple turns might be a bit more explosive... I hope.. Slow turns helps the allies... I need to kill stuff now while I have the advantage...

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 01/13/42
ASW attack at 52,42

Japanese Ships
PC Ch 32
PC Ch 18
PC Kyo Maru #13
PC Kyo Maru #12
PG Kure Maru #5
PG Chohakusan Maru
PG Chiyo Maru
PG Akitsu Maru
MSW W.16
MSW W.15
MSW W.10
MSW W.9

Allied Ships
SS Searaven, hits 1, on fire
Night Air attack on Rahaeng , at 31,35

Allied aircraft
Vildebeest IV x 7

Allied aircraft losses
Vildebeest IV: 7 destroyed, 1 damaged

Runway hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Vildebeest IV bombing at 1000 feet
ASW attack at 56,42

Japanese Ships
PG Kyo Maru #10
PG Kyo Maru #8
PG Kogyoku Maru
PG Hirotama Maru
MSW Keinan Maru
MSW Kaiyo Maru #3
MSW Hinode Maru #18
MSW Hinode Maru #17
MSW Hanata Maru #6
MSW Fukeui Maru #7
DD Uzuki
DD Urakaze

Allied Ships
SS Nautilus, hits 4, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
ASW attack at 81,62

Allied Ships
SS Cachalot
Sub attack near Moloaki at 113,68 * Didn't think I had any subs around did you?

Japanese Ships
SS I-19

Allied Ships
DD Maury, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Flusser

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 12
G3M Nell x 31
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 31
Ki-21 Sally x 21

Allied aircraft
no flights

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Blenheim I: 2 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied ground losses:
7 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 4

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 20000 feet
9 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
9 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
4 x G3M Nell bombing at 17000 feet
2 x Ki-21 Sally bombing at 20000 feet

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 3
Ki-51 Sonia x 3
Ki-48 Lily x 13

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
3 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing at 2000 feet

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 3
Ki-48 Lily x 10

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 18
Ki-51 Sonia x 22
Ki-48 Lily x 12

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
26 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
22 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing at 2000 feet
12 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 22
Ki-48 Lily x 4

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x Ki-48 Lily bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on 4th USMC Regiment, at 43,50

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 23
G4M1 Betty x 41
Ki-46-II Dinah x 1

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
42 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
9 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on 4th USMC Regiment, at 43,50

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 20

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
20 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 20000 feet

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 24
G3M Nell x 15

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 3
Hurricane II x 6
P-40B Tomahawk x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 4 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
Buffalo I: 4 destroyed
Hurricane II: 5 destroyed
P-40B Tomahawk: 3 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied Ships
PG Fritillary
AK Shinkuang
PG Genista, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
Rumors exist that Chinese loyalists complained when pieces of this RN ship landed on their
chickens

AK St. Quentin

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 6

Allied aircraft
Vildebeest IV x 3

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
CL Sendai

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x Vildebeest IV bombing at 1000 feet

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27 Nate x 3

Allied aircraft
Martin 139 x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Martin 139: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Kashii

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 20
G3M Nell x 13

Allied aircraft
Buffalo I x 4
Hurricane II x 6
P-40B Tomahawk x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed
G3M Nell: 2 destroyed, 7 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Hurricane II: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged
P-40B Tomahawk: 5 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Indianan
AK Illinoian
AK Montanan

Aircraft Attacking:
ASW attack at 27,46

Japanese Ships
DD Oshio
DD Ayanami
DD Hagikaze

Allied Ships
SS KXIII
Sub attack near Baker Island at 94,92

Japanese Ships
AP Kaito Maru
DD Mochizuki
DD Yayoi
DD Kisaragi

Allied Ships
SS Pollack
Sub attack near Akyab at 30,29

Japanese Ships
SS I-154

Allied Ships
AK Shinkuang, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
PG Fritillary

Allied ground losses:
48 casualties reported
Sub attack at 33,48

Japanese Ships
MSW W.13, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage * Sunk
DD Amagiri
DD Shikinami
DD Arashio
MSW W.14
DD Asagiri
DD Murakumo
DD Shinonome
DD Fubuki
MSW Ranzan Maru

Allied Ships
SS S-39, hits 1, on fire
Ground combat at Nanning

Attacking force 39064 troops, 494 guns, 5 vehicles

Defending force 22508 troops, 122 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
68 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Attacking force 23130 troops, 295 guns, 6 vehicles

Defending force 13146 troops, 100 guns, 0 vehicles

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Attacking force 7144 troops, 56 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 11335 troops, 126 guns, 2 vehicles

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 175
RE: 13 January 1942 - 7/17/2004 10:54:21 AM   
rroberson

We like slow turns.

Ships and war materials have begun to flow into the theatre. This is very bad for the Xargunites.

The Japanese have bogged down everywhere. He has made very little progress against Malaya. Disease and homesickness have taken effect. Singapore is full of well supplied and well rested troops I welcome the opportunity to greet whoever he sends there. The Philippines will hold out until at least the end of Feb. I don't think he has enough troops there to break the iron triangle of Clark, Battan and Manilla. He should forget about Burma. He can't be strong everywhere and every day his men slog through the Jungle is just another day my defenses build there. The Chinese question remains just that for him. His human wave attacks have broken some of my units. But like high tide at the beach more Chinese roll in. He is attempting to force his way to Lanchow. The road is blocked and soon will be filled with lots of Xmen corpses. His only real progress in the last few weeks was taking a couple of dutch possessions and Baker Island. If he wants to build Baker up for me so when I take it back in a few months :) its ready for my forces. He is welcome to.

I have launched Operation Needle. If the Operation is a complete sucess, he may not see the results for several weeks. But when it suceeds it will shake the very fabric of the Xargun dynasty.

CHINESE TROOPS ON THE MOVE

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rroberson -- 7/17/2004 8:58:31 AM >

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 176
RE: 13 January 1942 - 7/17/2004 9:53:05 PM   
Sinjen

I think it will take a decisive engagement like a Coral Sea or Midway type battle to cement either of your claims of supremacy. The Japanese are of course in the drivers seat atm, however it sounds like he is stalling due to logistics and geography.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 177
RE: 13 January 1942 - 7/17/2004 9:55:46 PM   
andytimtim

c'mon rroberson, you must tell us! have you got any secret war plans you'd like to share with us!!

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 178
RE: 13 January 1942 - 7/17/2004 10:38:39 PM   
GBirkn

quote:

ORIGINAL: andytimtim

c'mon rroberson, you must tell us! have you got any secret war plans you'd like to share with us!!

Yeah, we promise we won't tell Xargun, honest!

And I'd hope for the Allies' sake that they don't see a Coral Sea or Midway for a few game months yet -- if we do, we'll know in advance that the Japanese are going to be on the rampage for a while longer.

"War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say let's give them all they want." -- Gen. W. T. Sherman

(in reply to andytimtim)
Post #: 179
RE: 13 January 1942 - 7/18/2004 2:12:25 AM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBirkn

quote:

ORIGINAL: andytimtim

Yeah, we promise we won't tell Xargun, honest!

And I'd hope for the Allies' sake that they don't see a Coral Sea or Midway for a few game months yet -- if we do, we'll know in advance that the Japanese are going to be on the rampage for a while longer.

The best thing about telling you his secret plans that if he plans it correctly there is nothing I could do to stop him anyways. Same thing with me right now, especially since I got a major CV advantage with the Lady Lex being sunk - so he has 2 CVs only right now to cover A LOT of ocean - He has to prioritize whats important and whats not... The only way he can really hurt me right now is to send both those CVs deep into my empire - around the PI or such - I have tons of unescorted merchies hauling much needed supplies, fuel, oil, resources and troops around... BUT if he does that they will not get out. And without his CVs I will take Port Moresby and Noumea effectively cutting off Oz from the US for a good 6 months or more. I have no actual idea where his CVs are - I just don't have the search range and forces needed to track them, but I know where I would have them if I were him.... So I expect them there.

As for mine he has not spotted more than 3 at any time since PH.. He saw 3 at Wake and at least 2 at Canton I a few turns ago, but they have disappeared again... Canton I really shocked him as I believe he did not see them coming until they were hitting the airfields... He has just realized (like I did at Wake when his CVs appeared out of nowhere) that the pacific is huge, and spotting ships isn't quite as easy as it seems..

I have Operational Doolittle happening over the next couple turns which should surprise him a bit. I also have Operation Artic Blizzard commencing soon - it was held up by the sinking of its fuel via a dutch sub. Operation Polar Hammer has also started but will not bear any fruit for a while.

As someone said earlier I am experiencing shortages of supplies (not fuel... I have plenty of fuel - thinking of selling it to the Russians for some military hardware The shortage is at home not at my forward bases - I keep moving it forward to where I need it and where I WILL need it.. Luckily Rob has been keeping my men supplied for me in CHina as almost every chinese base I take has 15,000+ supplies in it.

The problem I'm having is Rob's damn delaying units at Hanoi and Nanning.. They have successfully cut the rail to Siam and Bangkok, Hanoi and Saigon have no oil and no industry running - so I've had to halt production in several factories to save some HI. I am shipping oil to them right now (but TKs are super slow) and planning on wiping out every last chinese soldier in those areas, but once more it takes time to do anything in china. BTW, I figure those HI have been out of commission for at least 10 days - with my just noticing the problem about 6 days ago... I noticed my HI pool was shrinking right away - but I just thought I had increased my industry beyond my HI and didn't think of it - since it was only like 100 HI per turn.. Now its like 500+ HI per turn and is really noticable..

As for Rob's impervious Malaya troops -- HA ! I took Johoro Bahru last turn forcing his men to flee to Singapore where they will hide and die soon... I have also moved a baby unit (like 10 squads) into Mersing and found it empty - they will be occupying it this turn, leaving Rob with only SIngapore left in Malaya - I don't think it will hold til its historic date - right about a month away... I plan on bombing it back to the stone age and killing all the troops in it..

Xargun

(in reply to GBirkn)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: January 1st, 1942 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI