Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 6:33:05 PM   
Badbonez

I am playing the Guadacanal scenario and the AI keeps froming task forces in Truk to supply places like Russell Island (which has NO units or need for supply). Unfortunately the TF the AI makes has no support ships so when it gets close to Guadacanal, the TF is sunk. Then, the AI says "Hmmm...Russell Island needs supplies" and off goes another suicide supply mission.

I've looked in preferences, looked at the bases, there does not appear to be a way to tell the AI to leave the fricken' islands alone.

Any help is appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 6:51:25 PM   
MarioF

Sounds like you have the base set to "automatic convoy".
Click on the Russell Island hex to bring up its main base screen.
In the bottom left corner you see "automatic convoy" in yellow clicicking on it toggles it on/off. make sure its off, and AI won't send anymore supplies to it.

(in reply to Badbonez)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 8:02:20 PM   
Badbonez

I did look for that setting but do not see it on my screen. Here's my screen of Russell Island base:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MarioF)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 8:47:46 PM   
bradfordkay

At the top of the main screen there is a button that says something to the tune of "Show auto convoy system". CLick this, then click "list bases". You can then turn Russel Islands to "No". Auto convoys will no longer target this base.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Badbonez)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 8:55:51 PM   
hithere

also on the base screen shown..where is the option to turn on/off the auto convoy system? it should be in the lower left. didn't the interm patch give us this function?

< Message edited by hithere -- 7/18/2004 1:56:13 PM >

Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 9:03:09 PM   
infinitejest

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarioF
Sounds like you have the base set to "automatic convoy".
Click on the Russell Island hex to bring up its main base screen.
In the bottom left corner you see "automatic convoy" in yellow clicicking on it toggles it on/off. make sure its off, and AI won't send anymore supplies to it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
At the top of the main screen there is a button that says something to the tune of "Show auto convoy system". CLick this, then click "list bases". You can then turn Russel Islands to "No". Auto convoys will no longer target this base.

Actually these buttons and hotlinks only exist in full map scenarios. If you look closely at the screenshot Badbonez posted, you'll notice that the buttons for Zones and for Auto Convoy are missing.

I've run into this same problem in scenarios 3 and 6. I really think this is a bug--the computer supplies bases even though there is no auto-convoy system in partial map scenarios.

< Message edited by infinitejest -- 7/18/2004 7:05:27 PM >

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 9:10:14 PM   
Mr.Frag

And I've yet to get enough information for any of you guys who have the problem to be able to reproduce it. My scenario 3 & 6 don't create convoys. I have the identical code you do.

Your's does ... what are you doing that I'm not?

Can't fix it till we can see & find it.

If you guys are playing with computer control, you need to tell us exactly what you are doing. *if* you assign things to the computer, the computer is going to use them. Thats not a bug, it's a problem with understanding.

(in reply to infinitejest)
Post #: 7
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 9:34:31 PM   
Badbonez

I am playing Scenario 5 which is Guadacanal. The only thing different in the description of this scenario is that production is "off." Currently in Truk there are 5 convoys which have been created by the AI and are being loaded. I can cancel them all, or put them all on player control and start unloading them but the next turn there will be even more! It's bleeding me dry and taking forever for my "real" convoys to load. If a saved game would help I will send it. But I have looked at all the possible settings for this game and there is no "auto convoy" settings anywhere. I don't know if this is useful but here are my settings for the game I am playing:

EDIT: I am playing the Japanese (obviously) and the AI is human with Fog of War off. THanks.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Badbonez -- 7/18/2004 7:35:51 PM >

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 8
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 9:52:40 PM   
pry

Frag,

I was able to recreate this issue and got a good save for the computer controled Task Forces being created. I'll write it up and turn it in.

(in reply to Badbonez)
Post #: 9
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 10:13:15 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

I was able to recreate this issue and got a good save for the computer controled Task Forces being created. I'll write it up and turn it in.

Cool, been going nuts trying to kick it in

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 10
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 11:30:21 PM   
gts2096

I saw this in scn 6 and sent my saves to Kid about 3-4 days ago.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 11
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 11:34:17 PM   
freeboy

Kid was aware of this, as it was reported week one I believe.. had a task force sent into the enemy area... with all my bases in that area set to auto off... definately on the patch list

(in reply to gts2096)
Post #: 12
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 11:54:08 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

Kid was aware of this, as it was reported week one I believe.. had a task force sent into the enemy area... with all my bases in that area set to auto off... definately on the patch list

Aware of it and being able to produce it so Mike can clearly see it and fix it are not always the *same* thing

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 13
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/18/2004 11:56:14 PM   
gts2096

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

Aware of it and being able to produce it so Mike can clearly see it and fix it are not always the *same* thing

he's got my saves. hopefully that will help???

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 14
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/19/2004 12:47:08 PM   
WhoCares

More then just annoying, that little bugger.
Saw it so far in all games I played, which are the MO and Marianas campaigns as Japan. Especially bad in the latter one, as a significant amount of the supplies in Rabaul end up in being loaded in those TFs, mostly directed to Guam, instead of keeping the base above 20000 to reinforce the air units
It sometimes even took back control of TFs that I previously switched to Human control, Do not retire, No disband and unload cargo... My last solution was to create a biiiiiiiiiig empty convoy and set its destination and home base to Ulithi (sp?) to take him the chance to create new TFs. Unfortunatly the allied AI could not ignore that juicy target and send its Carrier TF after it...

(in reply to gts2096)
Post #: 15
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/19/2004 1:09:14 PM   
PJJ

Yes, this is a really annoying bug. I hope you are able to reproduce and then fix it. I don't have any saves with the "little bugger", because I'm now playing the Big Thing and overwrote them.
If you need any help however, I'm willing to try it again.

Edit: I now have a save from the Coral Sea scenario with this convoy bug. Where can I send it, and should I give any extra info?
That is, if you still need these saves...

< Message edited by PJJ -- 7/19/2004 11:58:48 AM >

"But here we are in a chamber pot, about to be ****ted upon."

-French General Auguste Ducrot before the Battle of Sedan, September 1870

(in reply to WhoCares)
Post #: 16
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/19/2004 2:27:16 PM   
mc3744

I also have a save game in scenario 6 with two computer created task forces.
Btw, one is carrying fuel to Luganvile where I have 10000, no ships and requested only 3000.

Do you need the save game?

Cheers

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 17
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/19/2004 6:24:16 PM   
carnifex

LOL I just finished playing #2 as the Japanese, and at the end of the game 90% of all my sunk ships were various craft from the annoying computer controlled supply convoys. I was keeping up with them for about half the scenario, turning them to human control and sending them back to auto-disband, but then I just lost patience, and as a result lost about a 100 ships that insisted on going through Bataan on the way to Manilla. To top it all off, the AI insisted on sending these convoys to bases in Malaya that were plainly supplied through the road/rail network.

EDIT: btw this was scenario #2, which AFAIK has no controls to turn computer control on/off and no auto-convoy controls either.

< Message edited by carnifex -- 7/19/2004 11:25:40 AM >

(in reply to mc3744)
Post #: 18
RE: How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? - 7/19/2004 6:36:16 PM   
freeboy

understood....
Frag,

Maybe if we out on he non tester side knew what all was still being looked for in recreating buggy behabvior we could search for it .. I'll look for this as well as the strange lcu retreat one.. then do I email the saved games to kid?

< Message edited by freeboy -- 7/20/2004 12:38:06 AM >

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> How do I stop the AI from supplying certain bases? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI