Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MCLV bug? (not complaining!)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MCLV bug? (not complaining!) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MCLV bug? (not complaining!) - 1/14/2002 7:13:00 PM   
AC

In the fifth battle (don't remember the name, you have to conquer a small village and there is a main road and railway full of wrecked Russian armor, trucks and guns), I choose to get 2 PzIVs and 2 SIG33 as AUX troops. The problem is that they didn't show up on the unit list, and that I had to do without them. Even stranger is the fact that while loading the savegame on turn 0 with CampaignWatcher, these four units where there; but in the game itself not.
Any ideas?
So, I had to fight it through without them. And since I'm always trying not to complain, I convinced myself that once again HQ hadn't send the reinforcements it promised. If it's a bug, it's one adding even more reality AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943
Post #: 1
- 1/14/2002 9:14:00 PM   
alfredtc

I got both PzIV's and SIG33, but it dosn't help me much, since I clear the village hold all VP hex kill two KV1 and one AT gun in turn 7. The game suddenly end and I got 820 pts and the AI 1,120 pts and the result is draw. I replay it and get the same result. I never had enough time to exit my units off the map. On the upper right
hand conner show this scenario had total 25 turns. Anyone encounter this? Alfred

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 2
- 2/2/2002 3:19:00 AM   
Killerdaffy@gmx.de

If you hold all victory hexes and the opposition's force morale is broken the battle ends automatically. So if you need the time, don't take the last victory objective until the last turn.

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 3
- 2/2/2002 3:50:00 AM   
Bing

I've just experienced a similar difficulty with MCLV: After the end of last turn of Battle #3 "A Vital Bridge", when I went to the next screen the music and radio (? or just distorted sound?) announcements would not play. Then I selected the Stukas and got them once, but when I went back and replayed, no Stukas despite having selected them. Required several replays to get both the sound files to play AND the Stukas to show up, though I did not look at the file in Campaign Watcher. My complaint is that my core force included an FO for the first two battles, it was dropped in Battle #3 - OK because there's just a couple of 80mm mortars anyway - still no FO in Battle #4. I don't see why a commander would be given 75mm, 105mm and 80 mm mortars, plus a contingent of Stukas and not have an FO. Makes no sense to me, but maybe someone can explian the rationale here. Does anyone know if the FO returns in subsequent battles? If not, I may go back to U2R. BTW, though it may be purely coincidentall, I "refreshed " the Windows Swap File and the next replay I got the Stukas to show up. Under Win98 its easy to do this from the command line and from what I"ve heard, not a bad idea wo wipe out the swap file and let the OS buld a new one. Supposedly a permanent swap file can get "dirty" over time. So I made up a batch file to delete it from the command line. If I go back to letting Windows handle the swap file, I have a different swap file to delete that one also. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 4
- 2/2/2002 4:30:00 AM   
Killerdaffy@gmx.de

Interesting, take a look at this thread as well: http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=008356

(in reply to AC)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MCLV bug? (not complaining!) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI