Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm depending on port size...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm depending on port size... Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/20/2004 4:40:23 PM   
m10bob

If it's possible(within the scope of this great game),I would like to see the inclusion of a new aerial unit:U.S.Navy BLIMPS!!!!!!(They were very common and used for ASW and Naval spotting on the U.S. coastlines.)..Thank you..

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 211
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/20/2004 6:48:56 PM   
stretch

I'd like to be able to bring up a list of all LCU's embarked on ships which shows their TF and or location. As it stands now a unit embarked doesn’t show up anywhere. Not in the List All Land Units, and not when you look at the units at a base. It gets very confusing trying to track down that unit you know you loaded 3 turns ago along with 20 others and there are TF's all over the place.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 212
RE: wish list for patch - 7/20/2004 7:01:39 PM   
Rendova

Maybe this has already been asked but how about being able to set the objective for all LCUs in a TF right now to change it you have to go through every troops ship one at a time

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 213
Missing Nationalities - 7/20/2004 7:10:59 PM   
tanjman

Missing Nationalities

1) Currently in the game there is no distinction between the British Army, RAF, RN & RM, because of this the following happens:

Example 1: RN HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.
Example 2: RAF HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.
Example 3: Fleet Air Arm (RN) Air Groups are command by RAF Officers.
Example 4: RM units are commanded by army officers.

2) Currently in the game there is no distinction between the Australian Army, RAAF & RAN, because of this the following happens:
Example 1: RAN HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.
Example 2: RAAF HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.

3) Currently in the game there is no distinction between the Canadian Army, RCAF & RCN, because of this the following happens:
Example 1: RCN HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.
Example 2: RCAF HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.

4) Currently in the game there is no distinction between the New Zealand Army, RNZAF & RNZN, because of this the following happens:
Example 1: RNZN HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.
Example 2: RNZAF HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.

5)Currently in the game there is no distinction between the Indian Army, RIAF & RIAN, because of this the following happens:
Example 1: RAN HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.
Example 2: RAAF HQ’s, Base Forces, etc . . . are commanded by army officers.

6) Currently in the game there is no distinction between the Dutch Army/Army Air Force and the Royal Dutch Navy, because of this the following happens:
Example 1: Royal Dutch Navy Air Groups are command by Dutch Army Air Force Officers.

America has separate service branches (USA, USAAF, USN & USMC). Why shouldn’t Britain, Australia, New Zealand, India and the Netherlands? I know this is not really that big a deal but I find it annoying.

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to Rendova)
Post #: 214
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/21/2004 12:11:02 AM   
CoffeeMug

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadDawg

And hopefully an updated manual in the future too

and I hope we just get an errata kind of manual (well, that just means we get the new or changed pages), because I dont want to print it again!

Cheers,

CM

(in reply to MadDawg)
Post #: 215
RE: Wish List - 7/21/2004 2:30:18 AM   
UncleBuck

I woudl also like to see way points. Maybe then it woudl be easier not to send my supply convoys to Suva past Tarawa.

(in reply to myros)
Post #: 216
RE: Wish List - 7/21/2004 4:09:26 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

I would love to have waypoints.

(in reply to UncleBuck)
Post #: 217
RE: Wish List - 7/21/2004 5:14:58 AM   
ian77

Hear! Hear! (again)

We all want way points, dont we?

(in reply to UncleBuck)
Post #: 218
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 5:27:18 AM   
gdpsnake

Could we put little Nationality flags or verbiage with the ships so one doesn't have to select each ship in a port to see what Nationality it is. I'd like to know if the DD is British or not since I don't have them memorized.
Maybe the name could say DD blahblah (B) where (B) is British, D for dutch, A for Aussie, U for US, C for Canada, Z for New Zealand F for French.

added to list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:57:46 AM >

(in reply to Aelbric)
Post #: 219
RE: Wish List - 7/21/2004 9:56:26 AM   
akbrown

For routing transport TFs waypoints would be useful, but maybe it would be better to ensure that the AI will route such TFs well away from suspected enemy air bases. If this was done reliably, then auto TFs could be safely left to themslves without even having to set waypoints for each TF.

(in reply to ian77)
Post #: 220
RE: Wish List - 7/21/2004 9:59:49 AM   
akbrown

Here is another wish list item. maybe you can already do this somehow and I just don't know how. Please let me know if this is the case.

When I bring up a list of ships in port or during ship selection for a TF, I would like to have AA and ASW ratings for each ship able to be displayed in the list. This would make it a lot easier for me to select the appropriate ships for the appropriate job. I know the right-click functionality is there, but that was a UV patch mod, I believe, and it is harder to use than simply having the values in the ship list.

on the list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:58:19 AM >

(in reply to akbrown)
Post #: 221
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 5:13:42 PM   
Crimguy

Probably neither a bug nor a wish:

Is it possible to make the application a bit more alt-tab aware, so that there are no graphical anomalies when switching from one app to another? It cleans itself up eventually, but I get some weird artifacts when I switch back and forth during turn resolution

Using Win2k patched, nvidia 44.XX drivers.

(in reply to Aelbric)
Post #: 222
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 5:22:10 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

make the application a bit more alt-tab aware

Don't Alt-Tab when you have any list type things open, Don't Alt-Tab when you are executing the turn.

Alt-Tab when sitting at the main screen and you will not have any problems.

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 223
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 5:35:38 PM   
The Gnome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

Don't Alt-Tab when you have any list type things open, Don't Alt-Tab when you are executing the turn.

I think he understands not to, it sounds like he'd like to. This is something I'd love to see was well, the primo time to alt-tab is when the turn is executing.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 224
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 5:51:03 PM   
Bradley7735

I don't know if this has been asked for (there's a gazilion posts on this thread).....

There's two operation reports to look at. One is called the Ops report (I think) and lists things like so and so got kill number 5 and brisbane increases port to size 9 and spotting reports. I would really like to see reinforcements appear on this report. Like CV Yorktown arrives in San Francisco. Or such and such base force arrives in Karachi. etc etc. I kind of like to set my units and forget them (to a certain extent). If I don't pay very good attention to the script running during the turn, I won't easily know when air groups, ships and LCU's arrive on the map. It would be nice to see a summary of that information somewhere.

bc

on the list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 3:59:16 AM >

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 225
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 6:16:51 PM   
worr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Runsilentrundeep

I would just like a date on each ship sunk.

How about a date at each port of entry? :)

Worr, out

(in reply to Runsilentrundeep)
Post #: 226
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 6:19:40 PM   
worr

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Gnome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

I think he understands not to, it sounds like he'd like to. This is something I'd love to see was well, the primo time to alt-tab is when the turn is executing.

Exactly. I'm also aware of what makes the alt tab twitchy, but I would like to see it less so without the need for work arounds. UV is very smooth compared to WiTP.

Worr, out

< Message edited by worr -- 7/21/2004 5:33:29 PM >

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 227
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 6:23:58 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

not doable

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 228
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 6:55:49 PM   
DrewMatrix

More Keystrokes, less mouse movement. Moving the mouse to a tiny button for "next" then to "Human Control" then _back_ to the tiny button for example is fussy and time wasting.

Could you have the "<" and ">" keys (actually "," and ".", the unshifted versions, or maybe the 4 and 6 on the Numbers Keypad do "next"? Then I could leave the mouse in one place on the screen, click ">" and click on "Unload" or "Human Control" or whatever _much_ faster since I wouldn't be moving the mouse around.

Could we have keys to go directly to the Ships in Port/Base/Air Units/LCUs in the same hex? I am frequently looking at the air units, then want to look at LCUs (to see what base units are there maybe) then back to air units. A single key to go to the other sorts of units the hex would also be a timesaver.

Beezle
President
Wargamers Against Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Due to Too Much Clicking

Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 229
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 6:57:07 PM   
mutterfudder

Can way points be done?

no

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 4:00:19 AM >

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 230
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 7:59:14 PM   
dtravel

If people will check the early posts in this thread, Kid has begun editing the requests to say if they are on their list, not doable, bug, etc.

He has marked waypoints as not possible.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to mutterfudder)
Post #: 231
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 8:35:01 PM   
SeaJunk

1. An addition to an earlier suggestion:

It would be very helpful to be able to filter the lists of all ground units and all land-based air units by HQ attachment (CentPac, SoPac, etc.). Ideally, this would work along with the current type filters, so that you could easily get a list of, say, all Infantry units attached to SWPac.

The lists should also be filtered by control zone. For example for a human controlled east zone, I would like to see all the units currently under my control.

Added to list

2. Have an easy way to auto-create a transport task force for land units. Let the pc do the math. Maybe to hard with the ship type combos but a default would be nice.

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 4:02:35 AM >

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 232
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 8:38:38 PM   
Bradley7735

Not sure if this has been brough up....

When paying PP's to transfer commands, I think the cost should be based on the full compliment of the air group or LCU. You can let those fighters at Clark field get worn down to 5 planes and then pay an insignificant cost to transfer them. Same thing with LCU's that start the game. Turn off "accept replacements" and you can transfer them at a significantly lower cost than if they were at full To&E

this can work for Japan too. If you turned off replacements for entire armies, then you could go on the offensive in China, take some normal losses and then change their command. It's probably not too big of a deal for Japan, because I probably wouldn't grind an LCU just to save some PP's. But if they happened to be ground down, it's easier to change the command.

my 2 cents... bc

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 233
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 8:41:20 PM   
Mr.Frag

Nothing wrong with that Bradley, it's a perfectly valid tactic of getting more at the cost of aircraft lost. Just make absolutely sure you save the *right* part of the group

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 234
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 11:26:56 PM   
myros

Ah that sucks :(

IMO its the one big flaw with the game, the lack of waypoints in a naval game left me scratching my head in puzzlement.

In coding anything is possible - if you can imagine it you can code it. Course it may be more trouble than its worth ;)

Myros

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

If people will check the early posts in this thread, Kid has begun editing the requests to say if they are on their list, not doable, bug, etc.

He has marked waypoints as not possible.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 235
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 11:35:19 PM   
myros

Another thing for the wish list then ... the ability to coordinate ground attacks. Kind of a move a slowest units rate type of thing.

Twice now Ive had large ground combats go to hell in China because ground units refuse to arrive together.

The 2nd time I thought I had a good plan. I moved all the units (6 inf div and a HQ) one hex away, let them rest a day or 2 then gave all the march orders. Kept checking the distance traveled ..the day before my planned date of attack I had 3 inf at 55 distanced traveled and 3 at 51 IIRC ... close enough I thought. Wrong :( Next day 3 div arrived, got shock attacked and retreated with no supplies. There went weeks of planning again. Ive tried the "follow" command to but that doesnt seem to make them any more coordinated on arrival times.

Any workaround for this? Any chance of a fix/feature?

Myros

(in reply to myros)
Post #: 236
RE: wish list for patch - 7/21/2004 11:53:15 PM   
Mr.Frag

Ever thought of using the Follow Command instead of the Move command? All units will arrive together on the very same turn.

(in reply to myros)
Post #: 237
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 12:07:00 AM   
mjk428

I find it difficult to manage the supply levels of some bases because of the hidden movement of supplies. I'd like to be able to toggle off some bases from automatically importing/exporting supply. Basically the same as toggling the auto convoy system. It would be completely up to me to make sure the base and the units there are supplied. Too often the computer is sending supply to where I am instead of where I'm planning on going. This wouldn't be so bad but since the supply deteriorates over distance, it's wasteful.

Ultimately I'd like to load the land supply trains myself but I understand that would likely be much more difficult to add than simply removing a particular base from the supply net.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 238
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 12:44:52 AM   
Damien Thorn

I would like the player to have the option of setting the "supply requested" level for his bases. Right now it seems that the AI sets the number too low and by the time a supply ship gets to the base it has dropped down below 2x it's supply needed. I like the auto-convoy but I'd like to have some input on how often it goes to the bases I want it to go to.

on the list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 4:05:00 AM >

(in reply to mjk428)
Post #: 239
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 3:16:06 AM   
freeboy

Agreed, some bases I don't want to supply at all, some I want a lot... make it adjustable

(in reply to Damien Thorn)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm depending on port size... Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI