Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I've been busy bug-hunting and SQUASH! Big one...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I've been busy bug-hunting and SQUASH! Big one... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I've been busy bug-hunting and SQUASH! Big one... - 6/6/2000 8:46:00 AM   
Aktion T4

Hi all Plan on seeing me post a lot of stuff here while SP:WaW continues to have the backing it does from Mike, Bill and Paul. At least what I post or comment on is getting right to the top and THAT is what has be totally engrossed in this game. It's not that SP is perhaps the most detail rich combat sim I've seen that beckons my command each spare moment I have, it is the loyal upkeep and maintenance from this games loyal followers that I love so much. Ok.. enough butt-kissing and on with the BUGS! In the campaign generator there are a lot of bugs that need to be addressed. 1) After a battle, whatever hex my units were occupying at the end of the previous fight start in the same hexes in the next fight. They do not line up vertically on either the left or right edge of the map prior to deployment. 2) After a battle, same scenario as mentioned in 1) if the map size changes in the second battle (to a smaller map size), the units that were occupying the hex they were in at the end of the previous engagement still occupy the same hex they were in at the start of the next engagement EVEN if they are off map. They wind up in limbo, in that blackened area of the map where landscape used to be on the larger map from the previous engagement. 3) A big one here. In campaign mode, I tested 3 occurences of units not gaining experience at all. I bought 3 GE Snipers and let the computer pick whatever using a minimal amount of points to spend. Let's say I killed 2 12 man SO squads, a FO, a HQ over the span of 2 seperate combats and not one of my sniping units gained a single experience point. Something ain't right!

Post #: 1
- 6/6/2000 12:27:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The upcoming patch fixes teh vast majority (if not all) the campaign bugs. I don't play cmpaigns very often, but I don't think the experience kicks in until the next scenario, it doesn't occur incrementally through the game. You Campaigners correct me if I'm wrong and this is indeed a bug? I think its the way it works - your units gain experience at the end (and a littel display shows you which reach veteran or elit rank)

(in reply to Aktion T4)
Post #: 2
- 6/6/2000 6:41:00 PM   
Philbill

This is correct. The exprerience and promotions in the campaign are added at the end of each battle Phil

(in reply to Aktion T4)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I've been busy bug-hunting and SQUASH! Big one... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI