Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I love those Aussie guys!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> I love those Aussie guys!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I love those Aussie guys!!! - 7/22/2004 7:57:49 PM   
Hatamoto

For all those playing the big one as allies: upgrade all your aussie Hudson units to Beauforts and bring them to the DEIs. At first I was skeptical, because the Hudsons get more bomb hits on transports than most other planes in singers (except those Vildebeests) and have a pretty good range. First I upgraded only one squadron, but with some practise they become the best ship killers you have at that time. The Beauforts are more difficult to shoot down for enemy cap. After loosing singers I pulled them out to Batavia, and now that the AI has taken palembang, they have partys with his tanker TFs that keep coming in (somehow reminds me of those partys the bettys had with my TFs in UV). Those Beauforts are the only way to sink major IJN assets, like those battlewagons the AI likes to send to bomb your airfields to ashes. From Singers the Beauforts sank Yamashiro with 3 torpedos, while the Blenheims and dutch planes scored bomb hits over and over on her sister, but with no effect. I can only remind everyone: It´s torpedos that sink ships!!! (well, at least until later in the game). A few days before Singers fell AI sent Hyuga and Ise to bombard Kendari, well, Ise took 4 torp hits and was finished off next turn by a dutch sub - that´s for two.
During the last week, AI decided to bombard Batavia with his 4 Kongo BCs from Palembang - bad Idea! The 2 Beaufort Squads at batavia retaliated by putting a torp in Kongo and Hiei, and the incredible happened, Hiei had Magazine explodes - third battlewagon gone. A few turns later AI repeated the bombardement with his 2 undamaged Kongos and tried to retire to Singers. Again the Beauforts retaliated and caught Kirishima and Haruna 3 Hexes NE of Palembang, putting 5 torps in Haruna and 3 into Kirishima, Haruna sank, Kirishima seems to have gotten away. And it´s just March 23rd!
And besides killing tankers and Battlewagons those Beaus shared in killing CVL Ryujo north of Kendari, together with Blenheims and some Dutch AC.

Did I mention that I love those Ausssie Pilots and their Beauforts! But wait, what ships remain to be sunk in 43 if they keep on scoring? Well maybe KB, but what else?

This game is great

< Message edited by Hatamoto -- 7/22/2004 6:04:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: I love those Aussie guys!!! - 7/22/2004 8:00:13 PM   
FirstPappy

sceptic s/b skeptical. You don't want to know what a sceptic tank holds!

(in reply to Hatamoto)
Post #: 2
RE: I love those Aussie guys!!! - 7/22/2004 8:02:58 PM   
Hatamoto

??????

edit: whoops, got it, thanks, read too many of brady´s posts

< Message edited by Hatamoto -- 7/22/2004 6:05:14 PM >

(in reply to FirstPappy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> I love those Aussie guys!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI