Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anecdotic matter, I wait... (v. 7.1 beta)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Anecdotic matter, I wait... (v. 7.1 beta) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anecdotic matter, I wait... (v. 7.1 beta) - 1/19/2002 4:38:00 AM   
xafemo

Hello to the forum:
Well, to prove the patch I began to play the titled scenario Gotanda's Advance, where the allied side, in defensive role, they have an only mortar that makes in solitary the formation F0, located to 2 hexagons of distance of the unit A0.
Along the battle, none of the two formations was moved neither attacked by the enemy and, however, the mortar reflected in three occasions the situation of outside of "contact". it is not surprising?
A greeting.

"Without a theory the facts are silent"-F.A. Hayek.
Post #: 1
- 1/19/2002 4:48:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hola maco! ¿A sólo dos hexes y "out of contact"? Parece un insecto... ¿un bug, noooo? ¿Aquí? Never.
Pero seguro que alguien se encarga de desmentirlo, de decir que es una "feature" que ensalza el realismo del juego y otras lindezas por el estilo... no te desgañites... si no lo arreglan tendrás que aprender a vivir con ello, como vivimos los fans del spwaw con docenas de otras cosillas...

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 2
- 1/19/2002 5:16:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

LOL Mikimoto! A mim às vezes também me dá raiva o medo que eles têm dos insectos . Esse insecto "not in contact" é sem dúvida estranho.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 3
- 1/19/2002 5:37:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Artillery units to be "in contact" need to be in communiction and understand what the fire mission is. IF you have an artillery unit that "should be" in contact, but isn't then the artillery units mission is not understood and the runner has to go back, or the radio is not transmitting properly. Its not a bug but an intential "2-step" process.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 4
- 1/19/2002 5:40:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Artillery units to be "in contact" need to be in communiction and understand what the fire mission is. IF you have an artillery unit that "should be" in contact, but isn't then the artillery units mission is not understood and the runner has to go back, or the radio is not transmitting properly. Its not a bug but an intential "2-step" process.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 5
- 1/19/2002 8:51:00 AM   
xafemo

Hello another time:
O.K., Paul, this phenomenon is not new in the game? Nobody seemed to know it neither it figures this explanation in the manual. Will it only happen with the units of indirect fire? also with the denominated units of fast artillery attached to companies and near to their commandant?
I want to know what to wait when I plan my battles...
Thank you in advance.

"Without a theory the facts are silent"-F.A. Hayek.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 6
- 1/19/2002 2:19:00 PM   
bigtroutz

as we discussed in the FO thread here --> http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=008082 , i have made a casual observation that placing a headquaters unit or FO NEXT TO your arty/mortar units helps decrease the unavailability of units. I have NOT studied this scientificly but it seems that i get many fewer units unable to fire doing this. I try to buy a FO for each 6 units after the 6 i place next to the headquarters, and arrange all in a hex-circle around the Hqtrs and FOs. try it and let me know.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 7
- 1/19/2002 2:46:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by bigtroutz:
as we discussed in the FO thread here --> http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=008082 , i have made a casual observation that placing a headquaters unit or FO NEXT TO your arty/mortar units helps decrease the unavailability of units. I have NOT studied this scientificly but it seems that i get many fewer units unable to fire doing this. I try to buy a FO for each 6 units after the 6 i place next to the headquarters, and arrange all in a hex-circle around the Hqtrs and FOs. try it and let me know.
As I also wrote in that thread I don't think that works. The FO to be in contact is with the HQ not with artillery. I'm not saying that he shouldn't. But I would like a more concludent oppinion in that matter.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Anecdotic matter, I wait... (v. 7.1 beta) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI