Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 6/14/2004 10:59:31 AM   
Major_Mess

Turn #1

Major Mess reporting:

I opened up the game, looked at the map and got my woody again.

I have awoken to find myself in command of a 6000 pt British Regular Army Battle Group. I have under my command a hardened, powerful and professional military force. Prior to my arrival the battle group had already been deployed – ready for anything.

This is a beautiful thing!!!!

We face the Aussies, who are tough opponents, arguably the strongest, nastiest jungle fighters in WWII.

Too bad this battle isn’t going to take place in the jungle.

Smeghead is the commander of the Australian mob on the East side of the map ………………………….. he’s got a pretty clever alias, and his avatar is cool too. Even though he’s also new to PBEM’s, it looks like I’m up against somebody who’s on the ball.

It’s daylight, clear and sunny. We are facing the forces of our mis-guided opponent across a medium size map, with lots of rolling green hills, small forests spotted throughout. The many large open spaces are divided up by substantial lines of trees, almost reminiscent of the bocage country of Normandy.

--------------------------

The land-line rings out ……………………………. it’s a call from Battalion. The diplomatic negotiations have broken down.
The waiting is over, the time has come.
It’s my job now to teach these diggers from down-under a lesson or two.

The signal is sent out - within minutes engines are being fired up all across the countryside. Weapons are checked again ……………………. we’re ready.
Some units start to head East at once, looking for trouble ………………..

A Staghorn of mine is punished for being too inquisitive near the Northern VH’s, otherwise it is quite. The news is passed down the line ……….. contact has been made with the enemy.

The tension mounts.

Turn has been sent to the Aussie commander – the Smeghead.

Major Mess ………………………….. signing out

Click below. You know you want to!!

Post #: 1
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 6/17/2004 10:23:37 PM   
Smeghead

Commander Semghead: Personal journal entry.

Well it had to happen. Once I had been in charge of the cooking unit, latrine patrol and an engineer detacthment for supporting lorries (beer swillers all) - a fine time we had until the all commanders for the area went down like a Cactus with some belly problems... 'Oy I wasn't the cook at the Party!

Now I am in command of fighting troops, tanks and more! I'll never understand the generals in the rear. They have their 'eads in their arses as fas I be concerned.

Ahh well. We had been waiting to hear back the Galah who were running the show. Then we hear the news. All along our front troops and tanks are racing towards us. The bloody Brits are coming to take this land WE fought to free. Well we can't be having them do this so it's time to give the Brown-eyed Mullets a Gobful. We may be the blighters and more that they shifted to our land of OZ but we no longer drink a Coldie to King and Country!

Things have started out fairly well. Aye, they may start out well as me Mom used to say, just make sure they END well..

A staghoud is seen and my Boyos take a Bonzer shot and it is smoking as the blighters bail out. The call goes out to advance and the screw and a young lad with some fancy rifle goes down.

I feel mighty sad but we be protecting our lot.

Some troops see some No-hopers coming along various routes all along the front. They must be pushing hard here. Well we may be have to push back some as well. A radio crackles away from a tank on a flank that they have destroyed a 1/2track and got the men to bail out of another. Sharks are seen though so we will need to be a having some Aerial pingpong with them.

We may be giving the Yobbo Brits an Aussie salute, but we will make sure if they really want this god-forsaken Top-End of land they will have to come through us.

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 2
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 6/18/2004 3:51:31 AM   
Major_Mess

Major Mess reporting.

The diabolical Smegheads message is in code!!!!!

I couldn't understand a thing in that whole report. It looks like English ..........................it reads like English .................but.
The document has now been sent to MI5 / MI6 / Bletchley Park and various other shadowy departments in Whitehall, hopefully they can crack the cipher.

So until the Intel wanks sort out what those drunken ANZAC's are on about, I'm on my own ........................ as usual.

Major Mess ........................... bracing for impact.

(in reply to Smeghead)
Post #: 3
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 6/18/2004 6:12:25 PM   
Smeghead

Oy! And I thought I was speaking proper English! (An Auzzie dictionary of slang helped me write my report correctly)

Salute my friend. Does not seem right to be shooting up men, tanks and vehicles and that look just like mine but oh well! "Ours is not to reason why..."

Cheers.

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 4
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 6/26/2004 9:38:29 AM   
Major_Mess

Major Mess reporting .............................

Technical difficulties plus huge life issues have temporarily caused a cessation in hostilities.

Please do not be alarmed!

Regular programing will resume shortly.

We can hardly wait to start beating each other up …………………….. really.

Major Mess …………………………….

(in reply to Smeghead)
Post #: 5
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 7/3/2004 3:12:06 AM   
Smeghead

Major Mess: Sent latest file to you.

Hope it works...

Cheers,

SmegHead.

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 6
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 7/3/2004 3:28:28 AM   
Major_Mess

Smeghead:

Going camping for the weekend, will get around to the turn Sunday evening.

(Mangudai!!! .......................... if you're reading this, same drill ............. I'll get your turn in on Sunday.)

Sorry boys, I gotta play in the great outdoors.

Major Mess ......................... sleepin' under the stars.

(in reply to Smeghead)
Post #: 7
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 7/4/2004 7:52:56 PM   
Smeghead

Sounds good! have fun and see you in the battlefield!

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 8
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 7/6/2004 11:41:31 AM   
Major_Mess

Major Mess reporting:

Well …………………… partly due to some issues with the transfer of files (we’re new at this, but fear not, we’re rapidly learning the ropes) plus, (and more seriously) - a family illness in one of the warring camps has caused this game to be delayed somewhat.

But that’s all in the past …………………………… everyone is healthy now, and we’re up to speed on this e-mail thang.

It’s clobberin’ time!

Turn #2

The replay caught me off-guard; I expected some contact with the Aussie’s forward screen.

Instead, I have run up against a solid wall of ANZAC armour rushing towards me!!!!! ……………….. M10’s, M24’s, Staghounds, a couple of Shermans, (yes I checked, they are considered armor!)…………….. all across the middle and Northern half of the map. Australian Paratroops mixed through all that as the ground support.
This particular wall was shooting everything it had at anything it could see in my particular direction.

I mean everything.

There were HE rounds flying all over the place, blasting up my part of the countryside .………………… and all they hit was a half-track. That’s it.

I don’t know if they’re pissed or hung-over, but their accuracy was atrocious.

Down South I’m also being shot at, by what and where I haven’t figured out yet. There is a lot more foliage down there. Gotta sort out where he’s hiding first.

However, the first volley from the Australians was ineffective …………………. my recon elements will keep moving forward.

One of my brand spankin’ new (still has packing grease on it) Comet tanks got showered in dirt from Commander Smeagheads show of force. My spiffy new tank shifted a bit, then traded rounds with a M24 on the other side, but it seems the sights on the tank were off a bit. We called in a buddy who’s sights were dialled in.

Let’s mark up one dead Chaffee for the Royals.

Introduced some para’s to my fleet of armored cars, hammered away at them until they booked. For some reason though, I just couldn’t hit the half-track that was with one squad. I guess we’ll have to adjust our sights to account for the Australian air. That could take some doing.

The Australian mortars then opened up on me, first a whole bunch of 3” rounds, then 4.2” shells came tumbling down ………………………….. then four batteries of 25lb guns dropped their load.
I’m facing a lot of artillery here.
I do think the Royal Artillery I have assigned to me can match that though, we’ll see.

My ferret’s orders haven’t changed – keep pushing forward. Find the enemy.

Turn sent to my opponent – the Commander Smeghead.

Major Mess ………………….. plotting my next move.

< Message edited by Major Mess -- 7/9/2004 1:18:14 PM >

(in reply to Smeghead)
Post #: 9
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 7/8/2004 5:12:52 AM   
Smeghead

Turn #2

Commander Smeghead's personal journal

We take it on the chin a few times, but the beer helps wash away the blood.

Our boys take some potshots at some tankers and take out one. Elsewhere a Uni-carrier brews up and the crew bails after some of our laddies take it out with a bonzer shot.

Some strange looking vehicle is seen far away so one of our scout cars fire some machine guns at it. In reply a fancy tank that looks VERY powerful lobs some rounds back so we high tail it out of sight and some friendly ground-pounders lay some smoke.

One of our sharks tears up and takes a few shots at the tracked vehicle. The crackle of their radio lets us know the exicted lads have made a kill.

More reports coming in.

A truck loaded with elite troopers is hit, as it burns they all bail out to safety. Within a few seconds the same crew calls in they took out a 1/2 track as well. Those boyos will be getting a round of beers on me this night...

Near a village, one of our scout cars see a Dingo retreating. A shot into the engine compartment tells the tale...

One of our Achilles trades shots with a Brit scout car.. no beers given out that time. we even fire a few more rounds but it seems that Scouty is going to make it through.

A Stag pops up and looks about, lots of sharks running but one nice little fish is brewed up, the 1/2 track is hit in the side after a few ranging shots.

More reports crackle in through static, some scouts were dispersed by accurate machinegun fire from one of our 1/2 tracks.

The Kingly boyos fire back, damage all around as 5" shells mixed with mortar rounds land all over.

The main thrust of the Crown is coming.. we can feel it, we have lots more beer to make the Yobbos a bunch of cactus in the end.

End of personal journal

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 10
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 7/9/2004 1:21:06 PM   
Major_Mess

I read Smegheads report, most of it was incomprehensible …………………. but we did decipher that he claimed that he killed a tank of mine!

He better not of touched one of my Comets! ………………… I LOVE my Comets.
There will be big trouble if any one of my English ultra-tanks get as much as a scratch …………………….. BIG TROUBLE.

Turn #3

Major Mess reporting:

………………………………..

Man oh man ……………………. those 5.5” artillery shells really get people to sit up and take notice, don’t they?
…………………………………

Had a little bit of bad luck to start this turn, I lost a M10 to a hidden 6lbr ATG. I don’t have many of those to waste, it’s a shame really that it never got a chance to destroy something/anything.

The ANZAC’s accuracy got a little better this turn, that’s a fact.
While all the armour in the Australian Army is madly rushing towards me, the Smeghead is finding spots on his side of the map to snipe away at my valiant forces, and this turn they actually hit something.
An immobilised half-track died - that was just a matter of time, plus a couple of transports are finished for the day.
I thought I had tucked a Weasel away (that’s a M29 Weasel, Mister! – you can stop thinking what you were thinking right now!), but somehow it was still out in the open way deep behind my forward lines. It took a lot of incoming before something plinked it.

An Aussie M10 on the high ground shot it out with my M8 I had left behind a hill …………………… I bet that M10’s crews’ ears are still ringing from the two rounds that clanged off of their hull. There’s lotsa bite in my little Greyhounds!

Everybody that needs to, rallies with ease. It looks like it’s about time to get our hands dirty.
We were able to neutralise a couple of M24’s that were left out in the open. Some good long range shooting did the trick. The Smeghead also has three fewer Snipers to work with now. The Australians sure have a lot of foot recon, I’ve flushed out a bunch so far.
I also flushed out a gaggle of Flame tanks down South in the bush.

I hate Flame tanks!!!!!

One of my Tetrarch’s got bushwhacked by two of them (a Matilda and a Wasp, stacked in the same hex!). Between them they lobbed four globs of flame at my tank.
It appears that they didn’t even scorch it. I was able to un-suppress it and scoot it out of there after that horrifying attack!
Another one was 100 meters to the North; it attacked and missed one of my half-tracks!

Good God, I really hate Flame tanks!

The Smegheads forces also attacked one of my beloved Comets in that skirmish, no harm done though. But that Staghound will pay!

Elsewhere I lost a couple of Armoured Cars, one of them from that 6lbr ATG that’s being protected by those flamers.

I really really hate Flame anything right about now. (of course the Aussie engineers are packing around flame-throwers).

The Australian front line is thick with armour and para’s and engineers and flame tanks. It looks like I’ll have to punch a hole right through it.

Where is that number for my offboard artillery? oh yeah ………………. here it is.

It’s very late now where I am, I’ve been up far too long.

The turn has been sent to Commander Smeghead.

Major Mess ……………………………. signing out.

< Message edited by Major Mess -- 7/11/2004 2:36:32 PM >

(in reply to Smeghead)
Post #: 11
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 7/10/2004 2:40:38 AM   
Smeghead

Turn #3

Commander SmegHead Personal journal

Fire up the Barbie! My recently arrived Barbeque Detatchment got their orders wrong and headed to the front with all their supplies. Well seeing some sharks coming their way they decided to do the barbie-q and invite the boyos from Olde England for a nice roast.

The tankers did not appreciate our southern style cooking and so with two tanks roasting nicely they ran away.

The radio crackles again, the Staghound that gave my boyos so much grief a while ago, gets a round in the turret and the poor laddies bail out.

We get a nasty surprise coming over a hill as a 17pounder slices through one of our nice little scoutcars.. they will pay for that.

More reports coming in from the hill 122. A second stag scout car brews nicely when trying to duke it out with an Oz Chaffee.

A 1/2 track loaded with Crown Royals is sprayed with machine gun fire. They bail out and fire off some smoke. Some more of our laddies roll up in a 1/2 track and nearly get Cactused by a 17pounder. The lads jump out and take cover blasting away at the big gun.

Some more arty rounds come down.. have to keep those yobbos busy.

P.S. I love barbie-Qs..

Off to have a few:

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 12
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 7/13/2004 12:35:01 PM   
Major_Mess

Turn #4

Major Mess reporting:

Well, I took it on the chops this turn. So early in the game and my inexperience is showing loud and clear.

That gaggle of flame tanks punished my side …………………………. I lost two of my Comets to those f***ing things. I had a conniption right on the spot as I watched the replay.
My little hot-rods had spotted and fired at those horrible things ………………. it looked good for me – a side shot on that mechanical fire-spewer, clunk ……………. off the hull. The other Comet tank missed its target completely!!

The many return streams of flame finally did them both in.

Did I mention I had a tantrum???

The Aussie armour is still rushing towards me, now spotted are a couple of Centurion MKII‘s !!!!, one on each flank. The center has sort of stopped though, maybe because it’s from all those 5.5’’ shells that keep landing there.

My op-fire was off this turn, I could hardly hit anything, thankfully the ANZAC side is equally affected.

A Staghound of mine is witness to that, caught out in the open (I’m still working on hiding things) a lot of his guns zeroed in on them. Everywhere inside that hex was shot at or blowed up or something, everywhere except where that Staghound was. They should be history by now, but all they are is freaked out ………………………….. at the end of my turn they scooted real quick out of there. They might have left the map already, they darted so fast.

The Smeghead had left a M10 out in the open. I had about four barrels aim and fire at that thing, the best I could do was ring one off of the hull. Who would have thought that a M10 could take a 77MM hit, and survive!!!

Don’t have much else to report, nothing I had hit anything they had …………………………. it’s not as if I wasn’t trying. If this keeps up my only option will be to ram the other tanks, the long guns haven’t been doing the job so far.

I lied ………………. I was able to take out some of my rage on an ANZAC platoon, a whole bunch of 50 cal. rage.

I’m trying real hard to not let this flame thing get to me.

Artillery plotted, turn sent to my foe, the Smeghead.

Major Mess …………………………… at the map table.

(in reply to Smeghead)
Post #: 13
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 7/24/2004 11:27:15 PM   
Smeghead

Turn #4

The smoke is thick from the recent shelling and more.

I hear reports coming in that the Crown Royals are retreating in some areas and holding firm in others.

A scout patrol and AT team are shot up by some Oz engieers, they soon disperse back into the heavy smoke.

A wasp then sees some boyos with AT equipment. Time to fire up the Barbie-Q again... they then drive into a ditch. Seem to be stuck. Sigh.

Some of our Airboys see a light tank and some Royals moving back. They fire a few rounds and the laddies disappear in the smoke.

One of our 1/2 tracks takes a shot into the engine and brews up. Lads are jumping out all over. A big gun fired that round.. some type of Sherman.

A scout sees another Stag (how many of these do the royals have??) It looked like it was waiting for an ambush shot. Problem was it was facing the wrong way. A shell takes it in the engine compartment.

One of our Chaffees breaks through a treeline and takes multiple hits from 2 armoured cars.. they are able to weather it before they fire back.

Our Shark bites back. A Centurion commanded by 'Piper' Reid breaks through the treeline closer to the two scoutcars. One gets off a quick shot and even sprays some machine gun fire as well. The lads riding on the tank take cover while Piper takes aim and Bonzo hits both cars!

Our Chaffee rolls up a hill and takes a hit dead on from a Royalist Comet. The crew look about and seeing all are alive and their tank still mobile they head back into the smoke. That Comet has the range.. it will dealt with.

A Brit Mortar crew is spotted. Accurate fire from some of our laddies takes them out.

One our 1/2 tracks takes a few hits from a hidden 17pounder. The crew jump to safety as the ammo blowsup.

Artillery comes pounding down. We plot some as well for a welcome reply.

Sorry for delay in game

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 14
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 8/1/2004 1:28:01 AM   
Kanonenfutter

Good Luck Major ...you'll need it hehe

I'm back at the Frontline.

Artillery is the god of war.

J.Stalin

(in reply to Smeghead)
Post #: 15
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 8/4/2004 10:15:43 AM   
Major_Mess

A confession:

When I started this game I fully intended to get a turn done every three or four days – twice a week lets say.

Well it ain’t gonna happen.

The weather here where I call home is soooo damn nice right now, there is no way in hell that I’m going be stuck inside playing on the computer (especially after spending eight hours in front of one at work) when I have many, many ways to amuse myself outside.

I’ve talked it over with Smeghead, and he’s cool with that. So this journal will just plod along at a nice relaxed pace.
So I apologise for the slowness in posting, it’s not to increase the drama or suspense in the story ……………………………… it’s because I’m a lazy sh*t who would rather be laying on the grass in the shade, drinking a beer, and scarfin’ down a burger.

Turn #5

Major Mess reporting:

The Smegheads mad dash towards my forces has now finally started to slow down. This I believe is due in part to the more difficult terrain he is now encountering, plus ………………………………. the increasingly accurate return fire of my troops, Oh yeah, plus my BIG ATG’s deep in my backfield are now beginning to kill at long range. Got a couple of half-tracks that dared to poke their noses out, plus I nailed one of those M17’s.

I did say my Op-fire was accurate ……………………. it’s just not real effective though. Damn near all of my efforts to hit Smegheads armour is not resulting in kills. With the softer targets I’m now getting some success.

At the North end of the map, my two little A/C’s didn’t really stand a chance when the Chaffee and the Centurion busted through those hedges. Mind you, my boys weren’t fazed ………………………. they laid into both of those cans with everything they had. Didn’t help them though, that Centurion just shrugged off my Op-fire and dispatched both of my units.

Reports coming in that there is a lot of Aussie armour pushing fast through the smoke in the center of the map, followed closely by mechanized Engineers and Airborne.
That’s all I see ………………………… lots of tanks, with elite troopers in armoured rides.
I’m up against the Australian Cr่me de la cr่me, or more likely the foam de la foam.

I’ve lost track of the second Centurion that was roaming free down South. My assets down there are still recovering from the last assault by all those frickin’ ANZAC flamers ……………………… they haven’t bothered to report in lately. Somebody down there is gonna have to raise their head just a little bit and take a peek.

I’ve spent a bit of time now rallying the troops, all my recce units that can have reported in.
Now let’s see what I can do about the shape of this battle …………………..

First thing’s first ……………………………………. I found - then blew up the Wasp that was immobilised.

I HATE FLAME TANKS!

I found that Centurion that is cruising around the South part of the map, I wailed on that thing with all the guns I had nearby, best I could do was ring a couple of rounds off of the hull ………………………. man, this is getting tedious. I sure hope he doesn’t have more of those hidden away.

I was able to spot and kill a Staghound down there though.

In the center, one of my cool Comets traded rounds with a M10 that was parked right at its front door step, the second volley from my keen cruiser tank ventilated that TD. Then it was most definitely time to dart out of there.
Up North I located the second Centurion, I hammered on the skin of that beast with small arms, mostly from one of my awesome Bren LMG teams. I then pushed one of my M10’s through the trees up on the hill, and blasted an APCR round through the top of that scary thing.

Ka …………………………… BOOM!!!!!!!!

The Chaffee that was its wingman is still around there, but it must be feeling awfully lonely where it is right now.

Neutralised a couple of the ANZAC squads facing us throughout the map, and was able to punish at least double that amount.

Still have lots of the enemy streaming through the center of the map, but I’ve stopped both flanks from advancing ……………………. at least for the time being.

The Aussie arty ended the turn by dumping their explosives all through the middle of my lines.

I think he’s attacking up the middle……………………….

Arty plotted, orders sent off by runner ……………….. turn sent to the Commander Smeghead.

Major Mess …………………………. on the battlefield.

(in reply to Kanonenfutter)
Post #: 16
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 8/12/2004 5:36:05 AM   
Capt. Rofle

I'm sorry, Smeghead, but i just gotta root for Major Mess here. I just finished his other battle report, and it was great. More power to ya, EVIL Major Mess!

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 17
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (???????) - 10/10/2004 12:53:22 AM   
Major_Mess

Major Mess reporting:

The Commander Smeghead has disappeared ……………………………..

Sooooooooo ………………………………….. I would like to see if there is anyone out there that would like to take over the command of those valiant, but mis-guided forces of the Free ANZAC republic?

This has been sorta a showcase for a couple of PBEM rookies, so is there anyone out there with a bit of PBEM under their belt, ready to assume command? Huh? Huh?

I was having way to much fun with this scenario, I’ll be damned if I let it just fade away.

A recap -
Both sides of this battle have been set up by one of the Masters of this fine game. We, (me & Smeghead) have been passing along our turns to him for his amusement (he’s watching, and probable has had a couple of good chuckles at our expense so far). On this turn coming up, we’re allowed to call in for re-inforcements – the kicker being we can ask for whatever we want, but he’ll pick what we’ll actually get!!!!

Of course it will be a challenge, I can’t think that it would be easy to take over a quarter way in, but this sort of thing happens a lot in war.

Anyways,
I’m looking for someone man enough (or woman enough for that matter) to pick up the reins, and run with this horse.
Oh Yeah ……………………………it would be nice to keep the DAR going. One sided conversations become boring after a while.

Thanks,

Major Mess

(in reply to Capt. Rofle)
Post #: 18
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (???????) - 10/10/2004 2:21:38 AM   
pappasmurf

Sure i will if it's 8.2 I need to learn PBEm anyway send me a PM with the detail and how to go about it.

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 19
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (???????) - 10/10/2004 3:06:10 AM   
Major_Mess

Pappasmurf:

You are the first one to step up to the plate ...........................atta boy!

I think I got me a live one!!

Are you ready to bare your soul (SPWaW wise ................. at least for starters) to the many (three or four at least I think) spectators in this fine forum??????????????

If so, welcome aboard!!!!

Right now I'm getting heated on by the trouble and strife, something about me getting off of this f****** computer, and getting a shower .................................... I understand the Mess's are off to a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooo Hoooo

Cocktails ...................................HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I'll send you a PM tonight, failing that when I wake up tomorrow I'll send you all the details. While we're at it, PM me with the e-mail address you'd like to use.

Major Mess ......................................... happy again.

(in reply to pappasmurf)
Post #: 20
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (???????) - 10/11/2004 8:38:42 AM   
pappasmurf

A report crackles across the radio. Smeghead is down and out. near hysteria is in the voice crackling across the air waves. rally boysa rally I've got command giv eme a minute to get up to dat eand we'll send the limey's home liked whipped dogs.

The authoratative voice seems to calm the franctic calls for instruction. Plattoon leaders and sub unti commanders turn back to the tasks at hand running thier men and fighting the battle at hand.

Ok just waiting on the pass word and I'll get down to the bussiness of killing your troops there Magor Mess

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 21
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 10/12/2004 3:23:47 AM   
pappasmurf

The new commander of the Anzac forces quickly asumed command and directed his troops in taking several VH's formmthe limey dogs. In the south more British Infatry were added to the Bar B-Q. Anzac tank fire remained horrible acocunting for only a single carrier. But infantry assault removed an M-10 from the British OOB.

Britsh return fire created a few weeping mother s as some infantry fell and a M-17 fell to a hidden ATG.

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 22
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 10/15/2004 10:20:55 AM   
Major_Mess

Turn #6

Major Mess reporting:

All right, we’re back at it ………………………………………. and I’m feeling good.

I park myself in front of the screen, and hit the VCR button.

AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus H. C*****!!!!!!!

Previous reports indicated a certain amount of armour heading my way, but nothing to the degree I’m seeing now! A whole bunch of them came out of the woodwork this turn. I am witnessing a big hard push throughout the middle of the map. The Australian Armoured Corp is sure making its presence felt.
One of the Aussie’s tanks got a lucky first shot on a Sherman CS of mine, boom…………………… Ronson time. Then, that same tank plus the rest of the mob running with it couldn’t hit a little Bren carrier that is close by, no matter how much ordnance they threw at it. GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR………………………. I’m upset now!
I lost a M10 that I stupidly left in the bush to a close assault …………… dumb, dumb, dumb. A Staghound (I think) that stood up to a combo M10/Sherman attack also has become past tense.
The ANZAC’s flame monsters are still blazing away at the Southern edge …………………………….. I hate those things.

But overall, after a period of reflection, plus having a drink and settling down a bit, I must admit it looks good. We didn’t get punished that much this turn after all.

Rallied up my side (didn’t see any enemy arty land this turn, Pappasmurf ……………………. do you have fast arty turned on????, if so pls turn off, thanks).

Way up North a bunch of opposing M10’s slugged it out ……………………… nobody could hit a thing. I did find the little buddy of the Centurion MKII that got itself blown up on the last turn. Not only did I find that M24, one of my cruisers popped up and ripped it open with a well placed round.
Another Comet bashed through the bush to smoke a Wasp from 200 meters away. I got a shiver just writing about extinguishing one of those awful things.
The few leg units we spotted we shot at, we were able to hit a couple of them hard ………………… those ran, the rest we just pinned down. Spotted some 6lbr ATG’s being set up, punished one big time.
Down South the Centurion that my guys wailed on last turn was still sitting there, out in the open, frozen on the landscape ……………….. Routed.

To Bad.

BOOM!!! …………………… the turret did a big lazy arc through the air, landing near a now very spooked NZ Engineer squad. That ATG of mine is in the zone right now.
At the Southern edge, there was nothing but flames and smoke …………. mostly smoke from my stuff that was burning there. How could anything live through that? Well, there was an Aussie Matilda Flame tank thingie that was traipsing around in the fumes ………… my guess he was looking for more Tommies to roast.
Well that nasty fire-wagon didn’t notice my Sherman in all that haze, too busy working the lighter I figure. One 105mm shell was all it took. You thought I was happy when I croaked the Wasp? That was nothing, I was f***ing ecstatic when I saw that abomination brew up.

Man that felt good.

I understand that I can put in a request for re-inforcements this turn …………………….. this is a good thing. I have been going through an appalling amount of Government property in the last little while. Here’s hoping those REMF’s will supply me with what I need.

I sent back to HQ a very precise, detailed list of what equipment and personnel I require as replacements to complete this mission. Well, something must have got lost in the transmission.
Don’t get me wrong …………………….. I got way more than what I asked for, but I sure hope some of this stuff comes with manuals.
One thing I will say, I’m going to have a word or two with the Quartermaster the first chance I get.

Artillery for the next while is plotted, turn sent to my new foe – Supreme Commander Pappasmurf.

Major Mess ………………………. signing out.

< Message edited by Major Mess -- 10/17/2004 4:03:44 PM >

(in reply to pappasmurf)
Post #: 23
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 10/19/2004 6:26:58 PM   
pappasmurf

yakingnover a battle in mid fight is a dificult end evour. The bloody British seem to have soem perfectly suited anti-tanks guns witthe gaps covered by tanks on a reverse slop defecne. my forces are scatered to hell and gone and For now holding the VH's I have will have to suffice until I can get the troops sorted out.

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 24
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 10/24/2004 1:11:44 AM   
Major_Mess

Turn #7

Major Mess reporting:

The reports from the field (the replay) tell me that the enemy has for the time being appears to have ceased offensive operations.

That was sorta expected.

The change in command on the other side has most definitely rattled their troops. They still can hardly hit anything they were aiming at.
Except my trucks.
The Aussie’s were able to knock out a couple of my transports. What are those truck jockey’s doing in the line of fire?? Lucky for me they were both empty.
My crew from the Staghound that was crippled last turn was mown down, and the squad sent to extract them were found in the open, and were punished.
Near the center VH’s a NZ AB squad stumbled upon some commando’s of mine hiding in ambush; a big shoot-out resulted with the AB sent packing.

That was about it.

Other than that, very little movement was noticed ……………… mostly because he’s popping smoke everywhere.

Some of his armour has disappeared from my sight, especially one M10 at the center of the map that was just about vaporised by a round from my very special ultra super secret weapon.

So while the Pappasmurf is trying to tidy things up on his side, I’m gonna see if I can go and mess things up. (I’m undecided if the pun is intended or not.)

At the North end of the map, one of my incredible Bren LMG teams spotted an enemy Achilles out in the open. I wheeled up my very own M10 …………………. I had the high ground, it took a couple of rounds but I finally got the sucker.
My squads pushed forward, and spotted another 6lbr ATG. They suppressed it with accurate fire, then it was killed by one of my Comets, which crashed through the bush and parked itself right beside that tank killer before neutralising it. A 2” Mortar team also felt the wrath of that Comet ………………………. they’re also history. A Bren Carrier was also in the vicinity, as soon as they saw my cruiser it took off.
Found some enemy infantry squads up there and did a pretty good job of pushing them back, they’re taking casualties now.

At the center, an M10 of mine spotted, then killed an M24 that was retreating with some real good long range shooting.
A combined infantry/armour attack near where my Staghound crew died found another M10 of theirs, plus a Half-track. Both are now smoking hulks, and the infantry support that was with them has decided to bugger off.

Down South a M17 of mine wiped out a NZ Engineer squad, and put a bit a hurt on a HMG team left out in the open.
One of my Comets detected a M17 of theirs. The second round from my tank caused them to abandon ship, the next one chased the crew away.
There is quite a little skirmish centred on another one of his 6lbr’s (he sure has a lot of them!) that was hiding in a treeline. Lots of people are getting shot up right now around there.
My armour is trying to force the issue, but is getting stalled by the incessant small arms fire coming from the bushes.
I haven’t seen any flame thing of any sort this turn …………………….. that is a VERY GOOD thing.

The end of the turn has me getting a total shower of mortar rounds …………….. it rained 3” and 4.2” shells everywhere. The Aussie’s have lots and lots of mortars. His heavy arty pummelled a couple of hills; he’s looking for my ATG’s with his big stuff.
Then part two of my 5.5” barrage landed on the center VH’s, I know that there is a couple of pieces of Pappasmurf’s collection of armour that is probably kinda shell-shocked after that performance. I’ll see what I can do about those two next turn.

My artillery has been plotted for the next round, and the turn has been sent of to my valiant adversary …………………………… The Supreme Commander Pappasmurf.

Major Mess …………………………….. at the front.

(in reply to pappasmurf)
Post #: 25
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 10/24/2004 7:48:29 AM   
pappasmurf

magor Mess. I hereby surrender. I am to much of a noob at this game to try and recover form the situation I found myself in. if you want to create a new gaem i am up for it but he confused and scattered situation I found my self in is untenable. I have very little armor f AT cpabiltiy left, no idea when my reniforcments will arrive and the reinforcemtns I am gettign are not what I need. Good game.

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 26
RE: The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) - 10/24/2004 10:59:47 PM   
Major_Mess

Thank You Pappasmurf for the game.
It was a tough situation you were in, but you gave it a go. Good on ya.

And credit where credit is due ……………………. thank you VikingNo2 for setting up this game.
It was awesome ……………………… he built this complete little story – two stories actually, picked the map, set up each side. It was great.

I learned a lot about PBEM’s this game.

Thanks again, see you soon.

Major Mess

(in reply to pappasmurf)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> The Crown (Major Mess) vs the Colonials (Smeghead) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI