Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Larry? Mega Campaign BUG - Lost Victories

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Larry? Mega Campaign BUG - Lost Victories Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Larry? Mega Campaign BUG - Lost Victories - 1/20/2002 2:15:00 PM   
David R. Elkins

Hello Larry: Thanks for your prompt response. At the beginning of the game the FILE NAME cell appeared and I selected a file name and entered it. Where this file is now I do not know. I did a search and it was not discovered. I restarted the Mega Campaign and there are no saved files. It appears I must start the the campaign over. My fear is that I will loose the results again. And why did the game end as it should have after Turn 15, yet go back to the Desk Top with any game results? The screen just went black instantly when turn 15 was completed. What is the Arcade Level 250 settings? This is new to me. What are you referring to as "running faster"? Thanks Larry! The Feldmarschal

Post #: 1
- 1/22/2002 12:45:00 AM   
Phil Buster

Hi, Feldmarschall.
When Larry tells you to play arcade he means that if you increase your points to 250 (in the preferences settings) and put computer´s down to 30, you will replay the first scenary much faster and easier to win. It will be just a search and destroy the enemy with few opposition from him. It willo be like an arcade game. This will permit you to pass the first battle fast and easily and retake the campaign on the second scenary.

Eusko gudariak gara Euskadi azkatzeko. Gerturi daukagu odola bere aldez emateko.

(in reply to David R. Elkins)
Post #: 2
- 1/22/2002 1:46:00 AM   
Larry Holt

Well it seems that your save is gone. I have had similar things happen, I have three saves but when I go to start up one of them is just gone! I am investigating this and I cannot say why or exactly under what conditions this happens. I do suggest making backup copies and saving them to another folder. The "arcade" setting is as Phil said. Its great fun to fire a MG burst at a squad and see it disappear or to take out a T-34 with a PZ IIb.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 3
- 1/22/2002 9:10:00 AM   
ejengstrom

I've had a horrible, horrible experience with MCLV. I find that I have duplicate units. Units that are loaded in Round 0 vehicles don't actually arrive until T-4, etc. I'm very let down by the number of scripted problems I've had in the first six missions. I do not feel that MCLV is up to the standards, or cost of MCDF or MCW. I'm going to restart the campaign, as I've had multiple problems with the game crashing when I engage enemies on entry hexes that appear on the border of the game map. This seems to be a designers favorite for MCLV. I'm upset. If I reproduce these problems, I will send detailed information to the appropriate members.

-- Yours, Erik

Post #: 4
- 1/22/2002 11:00:00 PM   
Grenadier

Eric,
This is very disconcerting to me. What do you mean by scripted problems? What duplicate units? What node names or scenario numbers? There may be some issues with compatibility with OOB's. Node 5 is suffering from this and Don Doom, the node designer is addressing the issue. If you woulkd be more specific it will be very helpful. Lost Victories went thru several months of testing and because it is so big the testing is still ongoing so your specific information will be vetry helpful to the design team. I am truly sorry for your bad experience and please rest assured we will do everything possible to correct it.

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

Post #: 5
- 1/23/2002 2:09:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I can understand and sympathize with your concerns, Feldmarschall! Let me assure all of you that we want this to be right. If there are problems, try to be as specific as you can. There is amountain of info in a Mega Campagign. In the case of MC-W, you'll find a node #, scen# and the author's name. You can use that as a reference. Or simply describe the battle you were in when a problem arose. We want to make it right. Any specifics you can give can help track down the difficulty. A Mega Campaign should be a great experience. I know Brent is very attentive to any problems and will certainly fix them, once he knows what they are. The same goes here. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 6
- 1/24/2002 3:55:00 AM   
SkyVon

I can add another problem I just found. After playing in the marshes (last marsh scen was a marg victory), I finally made it out only to repeat a scenario I have already played. The title (pre-screen) for this scenario says "The Kolkhoze Malin" and gives a discription below. The following text discription says something like "Hpt Vebber, intel has warned us of a mixed group of enemy armor and infanty in the area...." The game then goes to the "collective farm" map that I played much earlier in the campaign. Sorry, there is no info in the lower right corner for me to pass on. To rub salt into the wound, the game will CTD around turn 4 and despite my saving every turn, the game insists I start back at turn one. After going through this twice now, I am at a standstill with LV...I can't play it! HELP!!!

Post #: 7
- 1/24/2002 5:12:00 AM   
Grenadier

Mosh, Bryan and I have a correction to the dat file we are testing that we believe resolves this. If you want it, please write one of us

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Larry? Mega Campaign BUG - Lost Victories Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI