Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

pbem problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> pbem problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
pbem problem - 1/23/2002 1:36:00 PM   
Maximus

I need your help. Stuart Millis and myself are involved in a tournament, and we are currently 12 turns into our first round game. The problem is he sent back my turn and when I unzipped it, I got"player 1 install corrupt." I override the warning and get his prompt, not mine. This has happened to us in previous games. This does not happen to common opponents him and I play against, only between us. Now we are at a loss and need help. I do not run the pbem manager, and do not have 2 games going in the same slot. We had thought it might have been time zones, but I play other opponents from around the globe and this does not happen. I have tried going back to earlier turns and get the same result. Any ideas? HELP PLEASE! E-mail me a maximuskb1@aol.com if you can help. Thank you.

"Protection from what Tommy....Ze Germans?"
Post #: 1
- 1/25/2002 4:56:00 AM   
V-man

quote:

Originally posted by Maximus:
I need your help. Stuart Millis and myself are involved in a tournament, and we are currently 12 turns into our first round game. The problem is he sent back my turn and when I unzipped it, I got"player 1 install corrupt." I override the warning and get his prompt, not mine. This has happened to us in previous games. This does not happen to common opponents him and I play against, only between us. Now we are at a loss and need help. I do not run the pbem manager, and do not have 2 games going in the same slot. We had thought it might have been time zones, but I play other opponents from around the globe and this does not happen. I have tried going back to earlier turns and get the same result. Any ideas? HELP PLEASE! E-mail me a maximuskb1@aol.com if you can help. Thank you.
I dont' get the "install corrupt" message, I get an OOB corrupt message. But this is the very problem I asked about three days ago. No replies yet. V-man

"You see, in this world there's 2 kinds of people, my friend:
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Maximus)
Post #: 2
- 1/25/2002 7:10:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Velovich:
I dont' get the "install corrupt" message, I get an OOB corrupt message. But this is the very problem I asked about three days ago. No replies yet. V-man
one of you has different oobs if you got oob corrupt message.
I have Never seen the "install corrupt message" before?

(in reply to Maximus)
Post #: 3
- 1/25/2002 9:05:00 AM   
Stuart Millis

Try playing your pbem turn and then immediately playing your opponent's turn. You will get the exact message received by Maximus. When Maximus opens his turn, the game behaves as if he never received my turn. Strangely, it seems to occur around turn 12 of a battle and when I play my turn when my computer clock reads prior to the datestamp on the turn that he sent to me.

(in reply to Maximus)
Post #: 4
- 1/25/2002 9:30:00 AM   
Tomanbeg

Have you been saving your turns? Go back a turn and restart, or go back 2 turns and restart.
There is nothing to prevent the same turn from being unzipped and played over again( I had better be careful, pryor to release 7 there isn't anything to stop replaying a turn). I'm not sure how there could be. Any flags or counters set by the load would be reset by the reload, and pref type files can be adjusted. If you have norton, you can change the time stamps. If you don't have norton go to Hackors.com or what ever the current URL is and DL the hackers toolbox. It has utilities that will let you write to the zero, just be careful.
T.

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
– The Cairo daily Akhbar el Yom, Oct. 12, 1963.
[IMG]http

(in reply to Maximus)
Post #: 5
- 1/25/2002 1:09:00 PM   
swagman

Hi stuart, maximus I had this problem when I upgraded from 4.5 to 5.0...all of a sudden almost every PBEM game crashed just as you described...it might be 5 or 10 or 15 turns in...suddenly the game would ask for my opponents password with the a corruption warning (I forget the exact text). It almost made me abandon SPWAW altogether and lost me many patient opponents who worked hard setting up great games. Sometimes it was my opponents game sent to me...other times it was my turn received by my opponent. The upgrade to 5 was downloaded, and when I installed version 6 from MCNA the problem ceased.
I lodged a helpdesk issue...sending in some games...but the cause was never resolved. In retrospect, I have postulated that we were hitting the exit button and not the end turn button...from time to time that still happens and by going back into the turn and using the correct button the game is recovered. However, I have played both of you and can't recall a bad turn...perhaps you can send the turn back to the other and see if he can open it and end his turn. The other option I used to rescue a game was to get my opponent to replay his turn from the previous one I had sent...annoying, but it usually worked... cheers craig

(in reply to Maximus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> pbem problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI