Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Members Area

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Members Area Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:37:49 AM   
TF 38

Dear MatrixGames:

I paid a boatload of money for this game. I've enjoyed it, thus far, and haven't regretted the purchase until this evening when I visited the site looking for a patch. It was then that I was first confronted with the concept of the MEMBERS AREA.

Frankly, I find it absolutely obscene that I suffered the indiginity of having to provide considerable PERSONAL INFORMATION about myself, including my age and mailing address in order to access upgrades for an $80 game.

Further, having RELUCTANTLY PROVIDED the information to MG, I have yet to be given access to the downloads. Simply put, you can get this mess squared away or I can go sell this bloody mess on ebay and cut my losses.

My time is simply TOO valuable to waste on an outfit that would treat customers in so shoddy a fashion. :|

< Message edited by TF 38 -- 7/30/2004 4:41:16 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:40:33 AM   
Tankerace

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Of course, I can't say that I blame him. I shouldn't have to "register" to download a patch for a game I shelled out 80 clams for. Course, I don't mind it that bad..

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 2
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:42:09 AM   
Black Cat

You ( TF 38 ) provided the same info for the Digital Download/CD on demand didn`t you ?, name, address, phone # ??

The log in info is sent to you by automated EMail and it took me 30 sec to get it and log in.

Perhaps it`s an EMail issue. Either way I`m sure Matrix will sort it out fast, besides the game just too good to let go

< Message edited by Black Cat -- 7/30/2004 4:49:04 AM >

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 3
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:47:25 AM   
von Murrin

Whoa, slow down there friend.

The whole concept here is to allow Matrix some form of monopoly on the availability of game updates and other goodies. There's other things for which it can be used, but I'm thinking that's primary. When a publisher goes digital, they need some form of anti-piracy control, especially when they're not an imposing industry giant that can afford to lose a few sales.

That said, you should be getting a confirmation email for your registration efforts that will allow access to the game registration process and any patches to come for Matrix products you now own. The tutorial and registration patch are still available via links here on the forum should you have troubles with those activities.

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 4
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:47:46 AM   
TF 38

Information?

Jesus, Digital River didn't ask me for all of that stuff! :<

But hey, if MG wants to screw over their customers out of paranoia, let 'em.

The question is, can I get a refund if I'm gonna be denied access to patches for the program?

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 5
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:49:14 AM   
von Murrin

You won't be denied access to patches. What specifically is the problem you're having?

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 6
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:51:33 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

I do not think MG is the one with paranoia......

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 7
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:53:16 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

You do not have to log in, or register in gaining access to these forums. You can read them, and download patches, all you can not do is post questions like you are doing now. You do not have to register anything in order to download patches.

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 8
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:58:10 AM   
Equinox

quote:

...considerable PERSONAL INFORMATION about myself, including my age and mailing address..

There is a "Not Telling" field for age. I hardly think that just "country" and "city" qualify as a full mailing address.

Many companies will not provide ANY support for a product unless you register it by providing a great deal more information than Matrix requires. Here you get this nice forum without filling out any forms at all (unless you want to post).

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 9
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 6:59:26 AM   
TF 38

I'm sorry, but I'm hopping mad. :)

I had laid off of the game, having played it very intensely for the first couple of weeks after it was released.

I visited the site tonight hoping for a patch before I tried a new scenario.

I used the UPDATE icon from the WitP program menu looking for an upgrade and got dumped to THE MEMBERS AREA instead.

Among other data that I supplied (again much of which is NONE of MG's business), was the email addy and such that I used to download the game.

Again, however, having put up with this nonsense, I have yet to receive the email GRANTING me access to product upgrades for a game that I paid $80 for.

I'm sorry, but this is simply unacceptable. I realize that is all sounds shrill, but this is TRULY outrageous.

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 10
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:02:10 AM   
kaleun

You can get the available patches from the support area of the forum

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 11
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:03:47 AM   
carnifex

quote:

Frankly, I find it absolutely obscene that I suffered the indiginity of having to provide considerable PERSONAL INFORMATION about myself, including my age and mailing address in order to access upgrades for an $80 game.

Privacy is an illusion. Get over it. Less histrionics for teh win plz!1!

That's number one.

Number two, no one is really asking you for squat. I just registered in the Members Area, and I used a yahoo email account, and all the other information I provided was completely bogus (just like all the bogus information I fill into online forms everywhere - which I assume everyone else does too). So Matrix knows absolutely NOTHING about me, except that I have a valid Serial number because I bought WITP. Now I can download all the patches I want.

Matrix isn't going to delete your account because you put down your age as 999 or your name as Mr. X. The only thing that matters to them is that you have a valid Serial to download the patch.

Good grief.

Post #: 12
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:04:48 AM   
rogueusmc

He's just a Matrix Recruit...give him a break...recruits aren't the swiftest folks out there...as a Marine recruit, I don't know how many times I said, "Sir! This recruit had a brain fart Sir!"...

Besides, the only information that is required has the asterisks next to them. Everything else is optional IIRC.

< Message edited by rogueusmc -- 7/29/2004 11:08:11 PM >

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 13
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:05:48 AM   
mogami

Hello TF 38. You can't be granted access to upgrades because there are no upgrades. (Yet)
The only patch is posted here in the forum. If you don't have error 722 I don't think it applies.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 14
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:08:14 AM   
kaleun

Nice to see your Avatar works now Mog. I was wondering what happened to it

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 15
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:08:28 AM   
von Murrin

quote:

ORIGINAL: TF 38

I'm sorry, but I'm hopping mad. :)

I had laid off of the game, having played it very intensely for the first couple of weeks after it was released.

I visited the site tonight hoping for a patch before I tried a new scenario.

I used the UPDATE icon from the WitP program menu looking for an upgrade and got dumped to THE MEMBERS AREA instead.

Among other data that I supplied (again much of which is NONE of MG's business), was the email addy and such that I used to download the game.

Again, however, having put up with this nonsense, I have yet to receive the email GRANTING me access to product upgrades for a game that I paid $80 for.

I'm sorry, but this is simply unacceptable. I realize that is all sounds shrill, but this is TRULY outrageous.

No, it not. If that's important to you then it's important to you.

1. The only patches out for WitP are the registration patch (helps register your copy with the serial no. given in your order confirmation email) and the tutorial patch. Both are available in the "War in the Pacific Support" sub forum. The forthcoming patch is just that - forthcoming. ETA is this weekend if everything goes according to plan.

2. As you are having trouble with the Members Area registration, I suggest you contact Matrix staff via email. They respond quickly and are quite helpful. Don't give up just yet. After all, you've gone this far already...

Here's the email address you need: membersarea@matrixgames.com

< Message edited by von Murrin -- 7/29/2004 11:11:26 PM >

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 16
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:12:08 AM   
carnifex

I suspect his email server is just slow. I registered in the Members Area five minutes ago and I pressed Submit and opened another browser to get my yahoo mail and there it was, and I know yahoo mail isn't the fastest out there.

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 17
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:12:55 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

TF38,

I have been here since 2001. I have yet to use or login into the members area. I can and do get all my support and patches right through these forums. So your issue of having to register to get into the members area to get support and/or patches for this game is wrong. You need to relax, and realize that you are wrong and that you will not need to go into the members area unless you want to. All patches for this game with be available from this forum, or the sub forum called Support.

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 18
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:15:53 AM   
carnifex

quote:

All patches for this game with be available from this forum, or the sub forum called Support.

I'm pretty sure they will only be available through the Members Area. If you go in there right now you will see a space for the WITP patch, and if you click it they ask for the Serial:

Welcome to the Matrix Games Members area.
The following game updates are available :
Note : You must register each game to gain download access.

Starshatter	Starshatter Patch v4.0.2	26 JUL 2004	Register
War In The Pacific	No updates		Register

Download Retail Patches : For Matrix products that do not require serial numbers.

Post #: 19
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:18:23 AM   
von Murrin

quote:

ORIGINAL: carnifex

quote:

All patches for this game with be available from this forum, or the sub forum called Support.

I'm pretty sure they will only be available through the Members Area. If you go in there right now you will see a space for the WITP patch, and if you click it they ask for the Serial:

Yes, but not for the two minor ones we've already got.

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 20
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:24:03 AM   
TF 38

quote:

2. As you are having trouble with the Members Area registration, I suggest you contact Matrix staff via email. They respond quickly and are quite helpful. Don't give up just yet. After all, you've gone this far already...

Hi,

I'm a little bit madder than I was an hour ago, which is not a good sign.

I've contacted the Matrix staff before about my problems with this board and such.

They began when I attempted to CORRECT/UPDATE my email info (boyscout that I am), and I lost the ability to post here.

Contacted, the admins... NO RESPONSE.

The only reason that I was able to post here tonight is because I opened a second account with my workplace email addy.

I emailed the admins again this evening, over the MEMBERS AREA nonsense... again, NO RESPONSE.

I'm no bomb-thrower, but I'm not a doormat either, and I resent the hell out of this.

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 21
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:27:48 AM   
rogueusmc

Someone needs to take a Valium and chill.

One get's a much better response when one speaks sensibly.

The folks here at Matrix Games are the most supportive group I have encountered on the internet period, much less the games community.

Give 'em a chance dude.

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 22
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:30:10 AM   
von Murrin

quote:

ORIGINAL: TF 38

quote:

Hi,

I'm a little bit madder than I was an hour ago, which is not a good sign.

I've contacted the Matrix staff before about my problems with this board and such.

They began when I attempted to CORRECT/UPDATE my email info (boyscout that I am), and I lost the ability to post here.

Contacted, the admins... NO RESPONSE.

The only reason that I was able to post here tonight is because I opened a second account with my workplace email addy.

I emailed the admins again this evening, over the MEMBERS AREA nonsense... again, NO RESPONSE.

I'm no bomb-thrower, but I'm not a doormat either, and I resent the hell out of this.

Try using the PM forum feature or direct email for Erik Rutins or David Heath, hell, anyone on the forums here with the Matrix tag. There's almost always someone here who can help out.

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 23
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:30:38 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

First, I think Matrix is an East Coast Company, so currently is past Midnight there, so I do not know what you expect from a company after midnight.

Second, I just registered for the members area for the first time. I created a username, and put my email address and then put garbage stuff for all the other fields, and it worked. So I really do not know what original problem was. You would think that someone who is concerned with privacy (You) would of tried to put garbage in the text fields in the first place.

Third, You obviously do not have that much experience with this company, because if you did, you would not be ranting and raving about this. They will fix this problem and all other future problems you might have.

My advice is to sleep on it, and you will get a response tomorrow. If you still have a problem and this is such a travesty, then you could always sell this game on ebay, there are some European people who have not bought yet. Good luck and calm down.

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 24
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:31:43 AM   
von Murrin

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

Someone needs to take a Valium and chill.

One get's a much better response when one speaks sensibly.

The folks here at Matrix Games are the most supportive group I have encountered on the internet period, much less the games community.

Give 'em a chance dude.

That applies to the rest of us, too. The golden rule of support/service in any industry is to first let the client vent.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 25
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:32:51 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Good point, it is always good to find out who the donkeys are.

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 26
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:32:56 AM   
TF 38

quote:

I'm pretty sure they will only be available through the Members Area.

Well, I CAN'T access the members area.

It won't let me in and when I try and sign up for this illustrious honor, the system DOESN'T respond to my registration.

I can't provide a serial# because I don't get that far.

Can I make it any simpler than that? :)

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 27
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:33:55 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Obviously you did not read my post above
^
|
|
|

Ok here it is again for your reading pleasure

First, I think Matrix is an East Coast Company, so currently is past Midnight there, so I do not know what you expect from a company after midnight.

Second, I just registered for the members area for the first time. I created a username, and put my email address and then put garbage stuff for all the other fields, and it worked. So I really do not know what original problem was. You would think that someone who is concerned with privacy (You) would of tried to put garbage in the text fields in the first place.

Third, You obviously do not have that much experience with this company, because if you did, you would not be ranting and raving about this. They will fix this problem and all other future problems you might have.

My advice is to sleep on it, and you will get a response tomorrow. If you still have a problem and this is such a travesty, then you could always sell this game on ebay, there are some European people who have not bought yet. Good luck and calm down.

< Message edited by SunDevil -- 7/30/2004 5:34:39 AM >

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 28
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:34:31 AM   
rogueusmc

Gotta give it to SunDevil...If he's not linkin' to other threads, he's dishin' out cold hard truth...preach on brother...

Post #: 29
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:37:11 AM   
von Murrin

Guys, really. He's new and upset. Let him breathe a bit, ok?

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Members Area Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI