Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LV Errors and patches _mosh

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV Errors and patches _mosh Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LV Errors and patches _mosh - 1/24/2002 4:20:00 AM   
skukko

As some of you know already, we are working for getting loops and ghosts as well douple-units out. Something has been done already and we have sight targeted to known problems. Sounds not playing is a bit frustrating: File of speech is beyond game -engine. It has to be reduced in size. So you know why speech don't hear. To ease my and Marauders work, Please post into this what you find. It is very possible that we don't see all errors. (And I am personally sorry if you feel dissapointed of these, there were no intents to put you in a testers role I personally hate SW-companies who does it... ) You will cut our time spent in this forum and give it to actuall work by posting into this topic because it takes two hours to read all threads thru... Try to keep it simple, just a *picture* of problem and battle name. For example: Problem / Battle
1/ Doupleunit (HQ)/ Exploiting the gap.
2/ SiGs loaded on Panzers/ Exploiting the gap.
3/ Looping back / Stalin line Understood? No battle AARs, please Those in example are patched. mosh
LV Team Cpt

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again
Post #: 1
- 1/24/2002 4:23:00 AM   
skukko

And yes, you can write to hear again if you haven't got answer earlier to your request. mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 2
- 1/24/2002 9:34:00 PM   
RockinHarry

And pleaaaaaseee don´t forget to tell the exact scenario/node number, to be found in one of the map corners if encountering any problems with a particular MCLV scenario! _________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 3
- 2/6/2002 2:17:00 AM   
skukko

Howdy I had it hard last week but now after reading past 20 days posts I can say that we have fixed this baby. Patches are under testing. Note that I can't speak about game-engine errata, only what it comes to LV and scenarios in it. Stay tuned and if you find something New errata it is now time to tell it to me... Patch will be about 2 megs. mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 4
- 2/6/2002 7:21:00 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

do not know if this has been posted already.BTW i didn't get in LV the same problem that i had with DF,the ghost new tank crew,but i experienced this in all the scenarios,ALL:
the AUX units,let's say panzer troops,will always come with the same name,ratings and kill of my A0(HQ)unit Lt.Metzer(hope to have written the name correctly).
Thanks

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 5
- 2/6/2002 7:35:00 AM   
Supervisor

Ok, I may be blind as a bat but, I have yet to see any node #'s displayed in the corners of the maps, what am I doing wrong.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 6
- 2/6/2002 4:09:00 PM   
skukko

Gen Hoepner: That name/rank thing is under work. Personally I think that it has nothing to do with LV, its mech* -error. BUT I don't know for sure. Gmenfan: You just had bad luck There are some maps that don't have name/number on them. They are designed (in 4.5 and 5.0) so early that nobody knew how valueable these signs are. And then when rechecked to 6-7 versions signs just did left out (for me) because I had no info who had done it. But it is not so big thing Those without signs are usually Pauls and Brents LOL mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 7
- 2/6/2002 5:43:00 PM   
Falder

Hi!
great news about the patch. I am really looking forward to it. I have two questions about oddities or bugs that I have encountered. I am not sure if they have been mentioned before. After the first battle my AO leader name was replaced fromm cpt Vebber to a leader with a different name and without rank. Is this normal. It is no biggie but it feels a little sad not to have Vebber left. Will he come back . The other thing were a bit worse. I got an OOB error when loading my saved game and the game CTD. I am unable to continue this save, so I have started the campaigne over again. The error occured in a battle called Malin. I had to choose between two roads. I havent got any nod nr since I wansnt able to start the battle. It was directly after I was able to penetrate the Stalin line though. Overall I am very content with LV. It is ver well done. Thanks, Fredrik

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 8
- 2/6/2002 5:57:00 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

The thing about vebber occurred to me also!But i got an A0 unit named Metzger!

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 9
- 2/6/2002 8:45:00 PM   
skukko

These changing names are errors. It is about to be updated. Battle 14 has caused some other problems also. It is fixed and unedr test. Crashes to desktop are not basically LV errors as LV is built from scenarios. Only *exe -file that it uses is mech-exe. This exe has also MC-engine inbuilt and this caused problems earlier also. Guys who know it inner life are working on problems and errors that this exe causes. I am not right one to answer question about it as my code-knowledge is limited to HTML... mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 10
- 2/7/2002 1:45:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Brent sent me a patch for MCLV a while back to address the Kolhoze loop. Since installing it, I've gotten through the Kolhoze battle, only to have the MCLV give me a bunch of error messages related to loading oob files for the first Malin/Pripets Marsh battle and crash to the SP:WaW start screen. I'd chosen the 'low road-1' alternative, if that makes any difference. I've also since installed the v. 7.1 patch and the oobs for the v 5.2 with no change in the results when I try to start the Malin/Pripets Marsh battle. Eric Maietta

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 11
- 2/7/2002 4:39:00 PM   
skukko

I have sent to you new mech and patch for Malin / Pripet Marshes. Tell me how it did go. I Have played and gone over to battle 20 myself now without any crashes or error that causes gaming to stop. But then again I know where I want and with what; I've chosen no-option all the way.. mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 12
- 2/7/2002 5:30:00 PM   
Falder

Skukko! Could yuo please send the patch for Malin to me also, if it isn´t to big (only have 56 k modem). My e-mail is: fredrik.fahlander@telia.com Thanks, Fredrik

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 13
- 2/7/2002 6:55:00 PM   
skukko

Calm down little You'll get patch when its ready, not long I do hope... but as I don't have unlimited (free) access to 'net I am willing to waite for patch to be downloadable via Matrix Ftp. Sorry guys, I hope you understand mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV Errors and patches _mosh Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI