Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cannot login into the members area

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Cannot login into the members area Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot login into the members area - 7/30/2004 10:24:51 PM   
kaleun

Tried to login in using the user name and password (that I had retrieved from MG)
response: username and password not valid (tried several times)
Created a new user account and tried with the new user account and password: No joy again username andor password not valid.

What gives?

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/30/2004 11:38:23 PM   
Marc von Martial

Is your browser accepting cookies?

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/30/2004 11:41:33 PM   
kaleun

I'll check
Thanks

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/30/2004 11:51:34 PM   
Marc von Martial

Oh, also please make sure you type it in case sensitive.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 7/31/2004 4:52:04 AM >

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 4
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 12:45:59 AM   
Farfarer61

i changed to accept all cookies and still no joy

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 5
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 12:56:27 AM   
Armybrat

Click on the I forgot password link and then put in your email. It will send you your information...

(in reply to Farfarer61)
Post #: 6
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 1:01:49 AM   
Ol_Dog

I tried to register at 9 AM this morning, but did not receive a password reply from MG. I sent an email to members area about 9:30.

No word

I tried to register again about 4:20 - computer said login was used already. Sent follow up email.

I really don't like this.

Is the patch available?

Ol Dog
smfowler

Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.

(in reply to Farfarer61)
Post #: 7
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 1:06:44 AM   
Armybrat

The patch is available. Clink on the I forgot link and you should get your email fast. I had to do that today, because i forgot my password.

(in reply to Ol_Dog)
Post #: 8
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 1:33:33 AM   
GBirkn

I had a problem logging in this morning, until I finally realized that you need to use your email address, not your user name, on the login screen. I was about ready to pull my hair out until I noticed that.

< Message edited by GBirkn -- 7/30/2004 6:33:34 PM >

"War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say let's give them all they want." -- Gen. W. T. Sherman

(in reply to Armybrat)
Post #: 9
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 2:11:05 AM   
Ol_Dog

Well, it after 6 PM, I put both email addresses in - the reply "email sent" came up -

no email

I am going to give it up for the night - I spent 9 hours checking the email today. I'm tired.

Start again tomorrow

Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.

(in reply to GBirkn)
Post #: 10
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 2:21:31 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Did you try registering for the members forum? The login for the members forum is different than logging into this forum. By you putting your email address and ask for your password to be sent, if you do not have a password, no email will be sent, even if you get a message saying an email is sent. Try registering for the memebers forum, give them your email and login name, can type in garbage for everything else if you worry about privacy. You will then get an email with your password. Then you type in your email and new password.

(in reply to Ol_Dog)
Post #: 11
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 2:28:26 AM   
goodwood

Yep I'm having the same problem, I sent a forgot password email twice yesterday and once this morning, still no rely your worship. Come on guys put the patch up where it is accessable or fix your members links.

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 12
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 2:30:12 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Goodwood,

Read my post again.

By you putting your email address and ask for your password to be sent, if you do not have a password, no email will be sent, even if you get a message saying an email is sent.

(in reply to goodwood)
Post #: 13
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 3:37:45 PM   
Charles2222

Goodwood: What Sundevil is trying to say, is that to get into the member's area, there, it is actually a completely different account than with having membership in the forums, therefore, unless you've went through that membership to be part of 'that' area, the filling out of email and password is useless. That is meant for those already as members to fill out. I went through this same hassle yesterday and Eric says they'll straighten it to be worded better.

I went through 'that' membership process and within a couple of minutes had a password assigned to me along of course with the username I picked. Next I used the 'forgot my password' option, just to see if it worked once I was a member, and sure enough, within a minute I got an email back. That option won't work unless you're already a member there, as it's not sending you any passwords from the forum or anything else, just from having registered there.

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 14
RE: Cannot login into the members area - 7/31/2004 6:38:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

Everyone,

Sorry for the troubles you've been having. I think a combination of better instructions, more straightforward labeling and design and some more database checking on our part will resolve this. In the meantime, _please_ make sure of the following:

1. Your Forum Account is _not_ the same as your Members Area account. You have to click on the Members link above and create a new account. The Members Area does not "talk" to the forum to know if you already have an account here. The "forgot" link will only send you an e-mail if you have an account in the Members Area.

2. You need to login with your e-mail address and the password you received for the Members Area. Use your e-mail address as the login (as the field asks) not your username.

If you still have problems, please e-mail us at support@matrixgames.com - we will respond more quickly there than at membersarea@matrixgames.com due to the difference in the number of people checking. Thank you.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Cannot login into the members area Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI