Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? - 7/31/2004 6:50:55 AM   
Brady

I used the CD Number and tryed the Order Number on the disk I ordered, and neiter of those alowed me to regester, I also trye4d to send of a number but never got one and cant even get it to work now when I try to do so.

I gota say that the whole patch thing now that is new and imporved sucks big time compared to the method for doing it in UV.

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
Post #: 1
RE: Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? - 7/31/2004 6:59:10 AM   
Bodhi

From an earlier post

"If you don't have a copy of your email receipt from Digital River handy, you can always get your serial # from the registry. It's in the \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\authorized key. "

If that doesn't work, you've got some other sort of problem. I know it's no help to you, but the registration worked flawlessly for me, and I appreciate not having to load the CD every time I play the game. So I don't this is totally a retrograde step. Just hope Matrix manage to smooth out the registration process for those having problems.

Bodhi

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 2
RE: Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? - 7/31/2004 6:59:21 AM   
hithere

the serial number is in the confirmation number that digital river sent when you ordered the game....if you do not have that there is a site you can go too to get it...i don't recall right now but there are alot of post by kid, erik, and matrix staff that give directions

Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 3
RE: Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? - 7/31/2004 7:03:11 AM   
m10bob

Brady,I had the same problem and Marc Schwanebeck helped me with this info..Go to the e-store,go to "help",and you will find a list of possible problems..Approx 3rd down is "Help me get my serial/registration # or key"..(I did this and was registered in 3 minutes!!..)MatrixGames had to resort to something like this system to prevent unscrupulous people from trying to "swipe" this great game by downloading without paying for it..It's not just you,we have ALL had to abide by this policy and I agree with MatrixGames,that it was needed.(The alternative was to wait for the cd to arrive before you could get the game..)

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 4
RE: Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? - 7/31/2004 7:06:05 AM   
Brady

OK, Thanks I will give it a go:)

< Message edited by Brady -- 7/31/2004 5:07:27 AM >

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 5
RE: Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? - 7/31/2004 7:12:37 AM   
Johnus

Gentlemen: I do not usually get upset about these things, but your new members' system is impossible. I joined as a member but was not allowed to register my game because my "key [was] already used." Of course it was when I originally registered the game. Under what user name or password??? It took me over an hour just to figure out how to reset my password so I could post this note. At some point decoding the security process becomes too much of an effort to get to the game, for which I cheerfully paid. I am not a crook and I can not afford any more time. I am putting the game aside until I can unload patches without investing more than an hour. Whatever happened to True Update.? And pray, do you really think you can prevent a thief from downloading a patch, when he already has illegally obtained the game itself?

Now I am registered in the forum system with one user name and password and am a "member" under god knows what. Again, a lot of effort for a suspect end.

Johnnie

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 6
RE: Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? - 7/31/2004 7:24:24 AM   
hithere

just remember......reg on the web site is diff than reg for this forum it is two diff login's

Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 7
RE: Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? - 7/31/2004 7:32:47 AM   
witpwife

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

Gentlemen: I do not usually get upset about these things, but your new members' system is impossible. I joined as a member but was not allowed to register my game because my "key [was] already used." Of course it was when I originally registered the game. Under what user name or password??? It took me over an hour just to figure out how to reset my password so I could post this note. At some point decoding the security process becomes too much of an effort to get to the game, for which I cheerfully paid. I am not a crook and I can not afford any more time. I am putting the game aside until I can unload patches without investing more than an hour. Whatever happened to True Update.? And pray, do you really think you can prevent a thief from downloading a patch, when he already has illegally obtained the game itself?

Now I am registered in the forum system with one user name and password and am a "member" under god knows what. Again, a lot of effort for a suspect end.

Johnnie

We had the same problem, which Erik is trying to resolve. Try e-mailing him at support@matrixgames.com.

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 8
RE: Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? - 7/31/2004 7:58:06 AM   
Brady

Ok, I managed it with some help from those folks above who were kind enough to take the time to assist me, and TY Very Much for doing so.

Though I must say it is still a real pain in the pooper compared to the old system, howeaver if it is good for Matrix, and theirfore good for all of us who want them to do well and keep making games for us then it is ok in the long run

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

(in reply to witpwife)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Ok, What the ! is my serial Number for regestering? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI