Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What's next ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> What's next ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What's next ? - 6/26/2004 3:30:41 PM   
Hertston

Just curious... as the title implies more "Tin Soldiers" games, what plans do you have for future titles if Alexander is a success ?

Rome ? Napoleon ? American Civil War ? Or maybe something a little different ?
Post #: 1
RE: What's next ? - 6/28/2004 4:40:28 PM   
Deride

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston
Just curious... as the title implies more "Tin Soldiers" games, what plans do you have for future titles if Alexander is a success ?

Rome ? Napoleon ? American Civil War ? Or maybe something a little different ?

Hertston,

Frankly, we want Alexander to be successful first! However, you are right, we would like to have additional great leaders in history. We have had thoughts of Genghis Khan, Caesar, Napolean and others. Having just returned from Origins, I also heard a good number of suggestions from miniature players themselves. As soon as we get closer to release and hear more from beta testers, we will closely follow with ideas for the follow-up title.

Deride

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 2
RE: What's next ? - 6/29/2004 1:45:40 AM   
benpark

Sounds really great. ANOTHER Matrix game I have to buy...

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to Deride)
Post #: 3
RE: What's next ? - 7/23/2004 8:52:19 PM   
Hexed Gamer

This looks like it will be as much a landmark game as Highway to the Reich if you ask me.

Watched the flash demo, and was really convinced that it will bring table top miniatures to the computer.

When they are done doing a decent job of pre 20th century themes, I hope they give us 20th Century grogs a title :)

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 4
RE: What's next ? - 7/24/2004 5:28:18 PM   
Scona

A real winner for a new scenerio line would be the same topic taken by GMT in their "SPQR" game; the match up of the early Republican legions of Rome against the Phalanx based armies from the Successor states, as well as the big match against Carthage.

"Everything else being equal, the army with the best looking uniforms usually losses." Murphy's law of military history.

(in reply to Hexed Gamer)
Post #: 5
RE: What's next ? - 7/24/2004 7:01:01 PM   
Hertston

Yup.. I could go with that, although on balance I'd rather see something that doesn't pin the series to ancients. Napoleonic would be my first choice (and ACW second), if only because the potential for some nicely done "miniatures".

(in reply to Scona)
Post #: 6
RE: What's next ? - 7/28/2004 1:20:10 AM   
cachase7

I am an old time miniture tank gamer who thinks the early tank battles of WWII in North Africa and Europe would be a great next step.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 7
RE: What's next ? - 8/4/2004 9:29:04 PM   
totola

A tool for the painting of the miniatures of our armies (especially for a fantasy expansion)?
Bye
Totola

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 8
RE: What's next ? - 8/5/2004 2:50:39 AM   
Scona

One idea that has some merit would be some kind of scenario generation system for starting a battle from scratch. This would be of use in other games like "Campaign on the Danube" which has provisions for players to settle battles through minatures games. Instead of having the physical tin soldiers, you could use the virtual equivalent to speed the process.

"Everything else being equal, the army with the best looking uniforms usually losses." Murphy's law of military history.

(in reply to totola)
Post #: 9
RE: What's next ? - 9/18/2004 10:45:55 PM   
Brigz

I have just been convinced by Erik Rutins that this is a game I will want to buy. I'd very much prefer to see more ancient era battles instead of jumping to Napoleonics or American Civil War. There just arn't that many games out there on ancient battles. If this game is a success why change horses in the middle of the stream? I'd like to see this continue from about 2500 BC up to around 300 AD. At least consider modules that could plug into a core game.

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 10
RE: What's next ? - 9/19/2004 12:06:21 AM   
Erik Rutins

Dave,

You'll be pleased to know that the next game in the series will stay in the Ancients period. I can't reveal further details yet, but that's the timeframe.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 11
RE: What's next ? - 9/19/2004 12:12:50 AM   
Hertston

The only worry I'd have with that is TS isn't a really "grog" system... and other than perhaps Rome, I doubt anything else would appeal that much to the average purchaser of TS:A. A Rome game could be impressive, particularly if rather than just Caesar it covered the whole period from the early Republic to the end of the Empire. A construction kit, making full use of the miniatures angle approach, combined with a "Caesar" campaign would work well, with perhaps a Punic Wars add-on.

I think the great leaders approach is the way to get sales, across the whole range of periods. A mediaval game of some sort would be fun, and have lots of potential for miniatures "painting". How about El Cid, for a change ?

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 12
RE: What's next ? - 9/22/2004 7:53:27 PM   
benpark

I think the system is a great idea. I love the graphics. They replicate tabletop gaming very well. The possibilities-"painting" to custom specs the soldiers alone makes me want this game.

I would very much like a scenario construction kit with the game. A blank tabletop where I could put trees, rivers, houses and armies down just as in tabletop gaming. Especially if the game moves to another era. The idea of replayability gives games a much more attractive look for me. After I play the scenarios dozens of times, I become interested in setting up something different. It keeps the game alive as well. This was a primary reason for my falloff of interest in Campaigns on the Danube-the game's scope was very limited (though interesting enough-but after dozens of playthroughs?).

I would love to see Napoleonics done like this in the future.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> What's next ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI