Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LV Same Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV Same Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LV Same Games - 1/30/2002 2:44:00 AM   
Shudson66

Hello, everybody.
I am new at this MEGA Campaign games, so I have a save game question. After winning the first battle, I was ask weather to wait for the Tanks or continue on with out. I chose not to wait thinking that when the game ask me what name I want to call the campagin it would save in a new slot, so that I could go back and play the other senario without having to play the first battle all over again. Yet after getting only a draw on the next battle I went back to see to try the other senario only to fine that it just copy over my old save name. Now I understand that each New Campaign is suppose to be different, but I see no reason why I should have to repeat a battle I already won once just to see if I had chosen differntly what would happen. So my question is there a reason it ask you for a new name if it just going to copy over the old, or am I doing something wrong. On I positive note I am enjoying the game very much. One last question is there someplace to read up on strategys for winning the game, not just LV.. Thank you
Steve Hudson

Post #: 1
- 1/30/2002 3:05:00 AM   
Bing

The solution is a paraphrase of what we used to say in Chicago: "Vote early .... and vote often." You can't save in different slots the way you can on regular W@W games, or the other campaigns. What you CAN do is utilize the auto-save: When you finish a turn exit the game. MCLV will auto-save. Create a dir wherever you want. I made one in the SP dir, with 10 sub-dir's. Copy the LV save to one of the sub-dirs. When you want to repeat a turn, or go back to a turn in a different game, or whatever, exit the game, copy the appropriate auto-saved turn back into LV/Save and away you go. What I have to remember is to be sure to save each and every turn near the end of a battle, then I can go back and re-enter the OPtions and whatever. If you wait until the scoring screen appears, it looks like you will be out of luck, there isn't a way to save this I don't think, maybe there is. I've been re-running certain turns per above, works fine for me. As to how to play the game: Kill a lot of the enemy, grab all the VH's and you will win. You want decisive type victories, try to get all the VH's by no later in the battle than halfway plus one turn, you will get a DV. There are several tutorials that come with the game. Other than that, study standard infantry and armor tactics and it will pay off, which is I think a very big reason a lot of us keep coming back. Provided he scenario has been properly designed, good tactics are rewarded - you will know it if you've been using the other kind. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Shudson66)
Post #: 2
- 1/30/2002 3:07:00 AM   
Larry Holt

I agree that there could be more save game levels. Especially consider that if that ONE save gets corrupted... The usual solution is that on the last turn of a battle save then in Windows copy that save to another directory. You can then restore from there and replay other branching options. As to tactics may I suggest that you read my tactics guide: Its at http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_downloads.htm

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Shudson66)
Post #: 3
- 1/30/2002 3:17:00 AM   
Grumble

quote:

Now I understand that each New Campaign is suppose to be different, but I see no reason why I should have to repeat a battle I already won once just to see if I had chosen differntly what would happen

The intent of the designers of Mega Campaigns is different than those of other "campaign" games in SPWAW. This is more of a Role Playing, "you are there" type thing. Ergo, you can't "do over" what's already been done. just like in "Real Life"...Frustrating, but the "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" that comes with MCs is part of the game experience (again just like "real life").

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to Shudson66)
Post #: 4
- 1/30/2002 4:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

One way around this problem as I have mentioned before (this is an illegal post ), is to make multiple saves. The best way is to name a save at the first turn of a scenario or battle. MCLV2 for example. Then copy that save to another directory that you can make. Call it Personal Saves. That way you'll have multiple saves at varying parts of the campaign and can reload them if needed into the save directory of MegaCam. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Shudson66)
Post #: 5
- 1/30/2002 4:05:00 AM   
Shudson66

Thanks for the help. I will go read the tactic guide you suggest. I did not mean for you to have to repeat a message. I look in the 7000 thread thing but could not find what I was looking for. Still that for the help. I tried just copying a file and renaming it but needless to say(So I will Say it anyway) it did not work. Steve Hudson [ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Shudson66 ]

(in reply to Shudson66)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LV Same Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI