Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War of the Sausage - Coming Soon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> War of the Sausage - Coming Soon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War of the Sausage - Coming Soon - 1/30/2002 9:17:00 AM   
Redleg

As the Finns were preparing to launch an attack the following morning, JR-16 (Infantry Regiment 16) headquarters was quiet except for several field kitchens preparing hot sausage soup for breakfast. Headquarters, JR-16 had no defensive works; only a collection of cooks, medics, clerks, supply personnel and the regimental HQ Company. Suddenly, the Soviet 350th division emerged from the tangle of underbrush, brushed aside the few cooks, who were up and about, and quickly overran their first objective, a field kitchen. Then something very strange happened; the starving Soviets stopped to eat the sausages! As fate would have it, Colonel Pajari, the regimental commander was in the area. He quickly assembled a force of approximately 100 headquarters support personnel and launched a savage counter-attack. This remarkable leader controlled this motley force by shouting commands in a booming, baritone voice. The fighting raged through the night and soon a battle cry from Finnish lips not sounded
since the Thirty Years War was heard: "Hakke Paalle" which means "Cut them down" but carries the more sinister connotation, "No Quarter". The combat was brutal and characterised by one of the few instances of bayonet fighting in the Winter War. Sergeant Miinalainen, aided by a man with a powerful flashlight roamed the battle area. When a Soviet was located, the flashlight would be turned on and the hapless Soviet gunned down with a SMG. At 0400, Finnish infantry arrived and the Soviets were swept from the area. There were more than 100 dead Soviets found around the field kitchens, some with sausage still between their lifeless lips. Your Scenario Mission:
Take command of the JR-16 Headquarters personnal and organize a counterattack against the Soviets. Keep up the pressure until reinforcements arrive. Then, destroy the Soviet force. This scenario is in Alpha testing now - should be ready in a day or so. Very unique, historical little fight.

Post #: 1
- 1/30/2002 9:53:00 AM   
Supervisor

Looking forward to it. The Dirty Dozen is well done and a challange so this should be a treat. [ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 2
- 1/30/2002 5:38:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hello Redleg! Looking forward to the sausage bash Always love playing your scenarios. Tankhead

Tankhead

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 3
- 1/30/2002 10:37:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

Thank you, Redleg. It's incredible. A new scenario almost every day! What's the trick to work 48/7??

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 4
- 1/30/2002 10:47:00 PM   
sami heimola

Excuse me Redleg, but right phrase in Finnish is "Hakkaa päälle!" . Or "Hakkaa päälle Pohjan poika!" ("cut them down, son of North!") like in Väinö Linna's "Unknown Soldier" book/movie . "Hakkaa päälle!" was originally battle cry of Finnish cavalrymen who fought in 30 Year's War (1618-48) with Swedish army (led by Gustaf II Adolf).

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 5
- 1/30/2002 11:46:00 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

The War of the Sausage sounds like a real banger! Eric Maietta

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 6
- 1/31/2002 12:09:00 AM   
Insert

Sorry! But I am young and restless! HYVÄ SUOMI!

Beware! Newbies are coming!

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 7
- 1/31/2002 3:46:00 AM   
Redleg

The "War of the Sausage" was in the works for many months. First, I couldn't make it work. Then, new OOBs messed things up. Then I couldn't make it work right. Etc. The other day, it began to work. Played it 5 times so far..... ;-( I will play it again today and if the score is reasonable, it will be finished. So sometimes, it may seem that they are coming very quickly when they have been in progress for some time. I have a very neat Kursk related historical scenario I can't make work right. It is several months old. Maybe some day, I will learn something new about the game and can finish it.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 8
- 1/31/2002 4:10:00 AM   
challenge

quote:

Originally posted by Redleg:
Then something very strange happened; the starving Soviets stopped to eat the sausages!
The Battle of Gettysburg began as a search for boots, so I guess breakfast wouldn't be out of the question.

Challenge

War is unhealthy for die-stamped cardboard and other paper products.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 9
- 1/31/2002 5:18:00 AM   
richmonder

War of the Snausages. What could be next at this rate? Battle of the Blintzes. Counterattack of the Caviar. Ad nauseum.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> War of the Sausage - Coming Soon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI