Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

play in a window ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> play in a window ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
play in a window ? - 8/7/2004 8:26:23 PM   
rodo_benzo

Hi

there is a feature that I personnaly find very interesting: the possibility to play in a window instead of full screen.
This allows Alt-tab to work much more easily (alt-tab des not work very well (ie. it's slow) when the application does not run in a windows' window). It allow also to "surf" at the same time, for instance to get information on this forum. Another very valuable advantage is for people with 2 monitors and ability to have the game on one monitor and to do something else on the second monitor (a web browser or a note pad to write an AAR ... or whatever) ... etc.. etc .. etc ..

Does matix envisage this possibility ? (which in my point of view should be an available option in every single game)

Thank you.
rodo

Post #: 1
RE: play in a window ? - 8/9/2004 2:18:26 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Rodo:

Nope, we're giving the entire screen to the game. This was done largely because we have a map file that is more than 60MB in size and the processor time to scale the window (or calculate scroll time) was rediculously high. This was mainly a DX issue that we had to make a decision VERY EARLY in the design process (over a year ago) on how to proceed. You can certainly ALT-TAB or minimize and YES I know that's not the fastest thing in the world BUT remember I've seen both and rest assured that the exclusive mode (full screen) in DX in gives the best graphics performance.

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to rodo_benzo)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> play in a window ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI