Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Sealion AAR's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Operation Sealion AAR's Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Sealion AAR's - 1/31/2002 12:29:00 AM   
ubertechie

hi - has anybody had chance to get anywhere with this - am itching for feedback. Thanks Ubertechie

Post #: 1
- 1/31/2002 1:16:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

After being threatened by my superior officers and men of hanging me in a hook of meat unless i use my naval fire at the beggining, i started the first scenario this way and i managed to get to the first channel with 5% cassualties and all my tanks rolling.....well...i will get across it (once i destroy those MG bunkers) and post the AAR, but by now, this is my report from the front. Nearly hanged but now victorious commander....Sebagonzalez. LA WEB DEL SPWAW
http://spwaw.tripod.com/

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 2
- 1/31/2002 1:47:00 AM   
ubertechie

Glad to hear that you cleared the beaches and crossed the canal - now just a whole load of town to clear. Try and stay clear of the hangrope and the meat hook that your troops are threatining you with Thanks Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 3
- 1/31/2002 3:26:00 AM   
richmonder

Ubertechie, Did you create the Sealion campaign with the C&C users in mind or not? I am on the first battle (landing) and notice that my AA platoon (MkIV Tauchs) are scattered from one end of the beach to the other.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 4
- 1/31/2002 3:57:00 AM   
ubertechie

Richmonder - C&C should be fine for every battle bar the first one - having it in will cause chaos - the landings where predicted to end up in something of a 'formation pigpile' by the Kreigsmarine - and the scenario attempts to reflect this - you are welcome to try but it may make a hard scenario virtually impossible
Let me know how you get on
Thanks
Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 5
- 1/31/2002 4:26:00 AM   
Jacc

It's KRIEGSMARINE.

Pain is for the weak.

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 6
- 1/31/2002 4:31:00 AM   
ubertechie

Sorry James - typo - allways managed to transpose i's and e's - thats what spellcheckers where invented for. Thanks anyway Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 7
- 1/31/2002 5:12:00 AM   
richmonder

A little louder, James.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 8
- 1/31/2002 6:24:00 AM   
wulfir

England, 8/6/1940 Landings began at 0500 hours. Mines on the beach together with bunkers. We took some casualties but pushed on. Knocked out three bunkers, bypassed the rest. Encountered Tommie infantry. Fire and movement, broke into their positions. Routed them. Continued through the urban area. More infantry, resisting hard. Casualties began mounting. Second company’s advance in the north stalled, one platoon reduced to twelve men. Enemy fire discipline superior. Our company regrouped. Pioniere were sent forward to deal with enemy strongpoints guarding the bridges over the canal. After some hard fighting the Pioniere platoons were successful. Regimental Commander appeared at the forward line, gathering the Panzers, the Pioniere platoons and my platoon for a concentrated effort in the direction of the church. The supporting artillery was directed at suspected enemy positions. Vorwärts Männer! Tommie machine-gun fire hit us. Feldwebel Meyer was killed. The artillery had been largely ineffective. Still we hurled ourselves at the enemy. So close, so close - the church was almost within our grasp when we were ordered to fall back. The men were enraged, Regimental commander most of all. I heard him curse the Luftwaffe for being poor marksmen and some of the clearly inexperienced Panzer drivers. (Several cases of immobilised vehicles). Platoon suffered 12 casualties, Regiment some 160. Enemy casualties are estimated to over 300. We have however not taken a single prisoner. Magnificent soldiers these English, better even than the Poles. How many more like them must we face before the final victory? If they are many, that victory will never be ours. - - - - -
One tough scen! Very challenging! (Did not fight with C/C on) Managed to pull off a minor victory with 3762 vs 1073 in score. Had three of my four remaining (movable) tanks standing at the church while my infantry got held up fighting unexpected enemy infantry positions. Ran out of turns. Many thanks for a promising campaign! Tomorrow I will have a go at the Tommies again. My male pride is screaming for revenge.

Semper in Primis

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 9
- 1/31/2002 6:48:00 AM   
ubertechie

Wulfir - thanks for the great AAR - those last victory hexes on the church would have probably swung it for you to a DV - taking them requires a fair amount of luck. Interesting about the breakdowns - thats one problem i never encountered - i did however managed to get a stuka to anihilate several of my infantry in error. The next scenario is not quite as tough - so your pride should be restored - enjoy - and please let me know of any bugs that you find Thanks Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 10
- 1/31/2002 7:56:00 AM   
chief

Uber....Up to turn nine, light casualties, 1 tank immobilized, 3 still fully operational, smoke and bypass are working, Naval gunfire limited. Mortars seem to have problem, they fire first round accurately but the second goes airforce (into the wide blue yonder)having a good time with your camp...continuing forward SLOWLY...nice work guy.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 11
- 1/31/2002 4:32:00 PM   
ubertechie

Chief - must be the salt water in the tubes thats affecting those 81's - either that or the crew are suffering from seasickness. Only 1 tank lost - you must have been v lucky on the beach - or v skilled.
Thanks for the feedback Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 12
- 1/31/2002 10:23:00 PM   
TheZel66

i created a few scenerios regarding sealion. they are two based on hypothetical airbourne landings aimed at knocking out coastal defences around Dover. glider and paratroop landings. I had wild bill test one, and got back good remarks. i need to review them to make sure they still work with v7, but if anybody is interested in them, email me and i can send them to you...

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 13
- 1/31/2002 11:21:00 PM   
sebagonzalez

Hey General Ubertechie...Commander Sebagonzales reporting a Marginal Victory here. All Vic Hexes taken by turn 22, the rest pf the turn just kicked the remaining british forces.....4500 points vs 400 of the British. Anyway seems that was not enough my General, so i recieved your orders to pull back again to the first channel and form a line there from which i will now again launch an offensivo to take the area. Very challengig, very good work.
Sorry i do not extend in a detailed AAR but my english vocabulary is not enough in military matters to do it hehe. Bye

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 14
- 1/31/2002 11:47:00 PM   
ubertechie

Seb - glad to hear that you made it through - now to finish them off. Zel - would be interested in any scenarios - am working along the 4 regiments invloved in the planned landing and then the airborne stuff - followed by the final drive to london - this campaign is therefore 1/6 th of the final work - so any aid is appreciated Many Thanks Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 15
- 1/31/2002 11:57:00 PM   
chief

Uber: sorry I lost some tanks to mines on beach, what I reported was what remains active....sorry about confusion....Did u notice mortar problem ?

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 16
- 2/1/2002 12:29:00 AM   
ubertechie

Chief - thanks for the feedback - no problems with the 81's in my experience - however it could be a version thing or just plain bad luck -I have tested with 7 and 7.1 Hope you continue to enjoy Thanks Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 17
- 2/1/2002 3:26:00 AM   
Bing

quote:

Originally posted by James Coscinu:
It's KRIEGSMARINE.
Seigfreid thanks you. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 18
- 2/1/2002 12:08:00 PM   
chief

Uber: Not really much of a problem, click to fire mortar, weapon fires two rounds, one goes to aiming point the other goes ~45 degrees, next fire click weapon fires two rounds, same results and so forth, does the mortar have twin tubes???
It doesn't much interfere with game, I just put it in for info for you. I'll get off this kick now and try to kick some beefeaters. Fish and chips all around mein herr. [ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: chief ]

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 19
- 2/1/2002 12:27:00 PM   
chief

Uber: After re-reading my last post I didn't mean to be insensitive in my last sentence. I served with the RAF at Luqa, Malta and the Royal Navy at HMS Falcon, Malta and I developed respect for your chaps, but not your mutton.

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 20
- 2/1/2002 4:33:00 PM   
ubertechie

Chief - no insult taken - actually made me laugh - funny how people sterotype - its human nature. Interesting fact for all you non brits is that apparently our national dish is now curry nad not fish and chips..... Anyway hope that you do manage to kick some tommie butt and stil dont understand that mortar thing - will go and re-investigate
Thanks Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 21
- 2/1/2002 8:56:00 PM   
brianleeprice

quote:

Originally posted by ubertechie:
Anyway hope that you do manage to kick some tommie butt and stil dont understand that mortar thing - will go and re-investigate

If you can find the 'More Mortar Musings' thread (sorry I don't have a link to it) a few pages back somewhere on this forum, it explains it pretty well. Basically there is a known accuracy problem with weapon slots other than first when used for mortars in indirect fire. The reason you may not have noticed it is that the latest v7.1 beta German OOB has the single tube per unit solution implemented - thus no accuracy problems. Any v7.0 scenario which is heavily reliant on mortars will need to be reexamined after v7.1 is available in order to possibly add a mortar unit or two to the forces so that they have the correct number of tubes. Hope this helps,
Brian

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 22
- 2/2/2002 12:31:00 AM   
ubertechie

Brian - thanks for the info - its not too much of a problem - it only effects the 50mm with the infantry squads and 3 81mm mortars - and i am using 7.1 so i havent noticed it. Good to know that it has been fixed anyway Thanks Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 23
- 2/2/2002 7:36:00 AM   
chief

Aha ! Now the lite comes on, you designed game with 7.1(B) and I still am running 7.0, funny how a little .1(B)can make a difference. By the way this occured with direct fire operation. :cool

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 24
- 2/2/2002 8:11:00 AM   
richmonder

Ubertechie, Could you explain how you create a campaign with a core force selected by the designer, such as you have done and is done in MC's?

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 25
- 2/2/2002 10:14:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

i will answer for Uber, and if i am not wrong, u have to just select the forces involved in the scenarios, turn them all to auxiliary units and thats it. The same way u do when making a campaign with auxiliary units involved, but with the diference that all units are auxiliary. By the way Uber, managed to get a Decisive victory in scenario 2, maybe cause i knew some of the positions since the first scenario, but i saw something i never saw before.....British trucks putting infantry in certain places and then leaving!!, and i mean leaving the infantry without being atacked.....u will have to tell me how is it done man, was really good. On my way to the third scenario!

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 26
- 2/2/2002 11:29:00 AM   
richmonder

What I mean is this: Is there a way to choose a core force (and deploy)for a campaign that I am designing, then in the second and all following battles the player can set up the forces as he desires? I am essentially looking to format the core force for the players.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 27
- 2/3/2002 3:25:00 AM   
Kanon Fodder

This was my first attempt at a "Campaign".
Up until now I have strictly played scenarios. I finished phase one to a draw (German 2098/Britain 2973) but feel, in reality, it was a crushing defeat. I had very few units left, with no hope of cleaning up the remaining British defenses. My biggest problem was losing 5 of my Panzers to mines on the beach - 3 destroyed, 2 immobilized.
In future I suppose I will use my Engineer units as pathfinders ... I also lost another due to a careless move through smoke that was a building hex. I wish the game would request confirmation of a move like that, similar to the Oportunity Fire. The British Homeguard units lived up to the "guard" part of their name. Their Lewis guns were especially deadly. I enjoyed playing the game and look forward to the next phase. P.S. One question I have concerns the barge units.
After they dropped off their personnel I withdrew them off the board, thinking that would cut down on having to click through them all for orders, but that had no effect. The barges still came up in sequence for orders after they had left the map. Is that normal or a glitch ?

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 28
- 2/3/2002 10:40:00 AM   
chief

UberT de chief-P-030300Z
BT
Troops across the MR canal X heavy losses from friendly fire X Still effective fighting force X Luftwaffe support excellent X Naval support mediocre x 3 tanks still fully operational X optimistic victory at hand
BT
K (over) [ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: chief ]

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 29
- 2/3/2002 10:48:00 PM   
ubertechie

Hi guys - thanks for all of the feedback - great to here that you are all soldiering on - no pun intended...
Richmonder - dont know the answer to your question - i just made the player have teh same core whihc is basically 2 re-inforced infantry companies - and they are all set to aux units. Sorry i cant be more helpfull. The trucks thing is cool - its really simple though - its a matter of timing - the trucks seem to drop the infantry when they get suppresion - so i timed them to arrive just as the player does - this was deduced by letting the ai play itself several times - this gives te impression that the ai is unloading the troops in a planned manner. NOt hard to do just takes some fiddling with. Many Thanks Ubertechie

(in reply to ubertechie)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Operation Sealion AAR's Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI