Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound related CTD workaround

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Sound related CTD workaround Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound related CTD workaround - 8/10/2004 2:45:00 AM   
Raven68

I have not been able to get though 1 turn of this game without a CTD until tonight!! The following solution worked for me so here are some specs incase you have a similar setup. My PC has XP Pro, all up to date, DirectX 9.0c, and more importantly an up to date Sound Blaster Audigy 2 with all current software and drivers installed. What worked for me was going into the C:\Program Files\Creative\ Shared directory and renaming the following files with a "_old" inserted into the name... AC3Src.ax, MP3Src.ax, MP3Write.src, and NoiseRedu.ax. I need to narrow it down but I think either the AC3 or the MP3Src files might be the ones not playing nice with the Witp sound files. This is only a workaround and Matrix needs to fix their files ASAP because I have many many games on this PC and none of them CTD like Witp!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Sound related CTD workaround - 8/10/2004 3:02:55 AM   
Grognerd

Have a look at Oleg Mastruko's sound problem/fix thread in this Support area. He found that the CTD's were due to an AC3 filter that 3rd party software distrubutes with Divx codex's if I understand right. I have an Audigy 2 also with the latest drivers and I do not have any of the files you mention in any of the Creative shared folders. I also have not downloaded any third party codecs, so I suspect that you probably do have one, either getting it manually or another program installed it for you without you knowing it.

< Message edited by Grognerd_Fogman -- 8/10/2004 1:09:07 AM >

(in reply to Raven68)
Post #: 2
RE: Sound related CTD workaround - 8/10/2004 3:44:59 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

Obviously any AC3 filter, no matter be it from "respectable" company like Creative Labs, or from some drunk high school open source "programmer", causes the problems for the game.

All this should be good news for the developers cause it seems main cause for CTD/sound related issues is finally nailed down.

O.

(in reply to Grognerd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Sound related CTD workaround Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI