Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 2/5/2002 8:12:00 PM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by AmmoSgt:

The biggest inaccuracy in the OOB's to date on these weapons is the fact that the German versions are available in the game about a year early by type , historically .. check out the availabilty dates for German stuff on the Panzerfaust Page and in the OOB's to see what I mean .. like wise the US Airborne has, to date, been stuck with the older less effective M6a1 ammo for the bazookas ( represented by the M1 bazooka ) instead of having access to the M6a3 ammo after jan '44 ( represented by the M9 bazooka) .

This has all been Corrected in the 7.1 OOBS.
The airborne now gets the M9 when it should, and you wont be seeing many PZfaust 100s unless you run into the SS or VG late in war.
I think Regular german Inf gets stuck with the 30, FJ upgrades to the 60 later years. [ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Alby ]

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 31
- 2/5/2002 9:03:00 PM   
Panzer Leo

quote:

Originally posted by Penetrator:
Hmmm... Accuracy 0 can't be right. There are definitely things that are less accurate, like hand and rifle grenades.
Just change it in your OOBs and test it...it works great, believe me... The actual to hit chance has some more things going into it than just the accuracy and the values that come out are pretty realistic. Do not compare it to other weapons, just try to model it till it portays the reality...

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 32
- 2/5/2002 9:38:00 PM   
asgrrr

quote:

Originally posted by Panzer Leo:
Do not compare it to other weapons, just try to model it till it portays the reality...
Nonononono... I can't accept that approach. A very important aspect of the game is comparative portrayal of various weapons. It is better to have two (opposing) weapons equally wrong than to have one 100% correct and the other way off the mark.

Never hate your enemy.
It clouds your judgement.

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 33
- 2/5/2002 10:02:00 PM   
Panzer Leo

quote:

Originally posted by Penetrator:
Nonononono... I can't accept that approach. A very important aspect of the game is comparative portrayal of various weapons. It is better to have two (opposing) weapons equally wrong than to have one 100% correct and the other way off the mark.
Haeh The whole OOB works this way...
And I don't want to change one weapon, but all Inf-AT of longer range capability...
Didn't I send you a set of my OOBs a few weeks ago ? I think the Panzerschreck and maybe the Bazooka is already changed in there...just test it... So don't be scared, nobody is doing nothing wrong

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 34
- 2/5/2002 10:22:00 PM   
challenge

quote:

Originally posted by AmmoSgt:
Please get your basic facts straight before you try and teach your Grandmother to suck eggs
I visited all those links you posted. Thank you for the data. I didn't find any balistic curve charts, which are usefull in determining inherent accuracy, which was the initial issue, but the Cruffler Consolidated Match Results posted at http://www.cruffler.com/matchdb.html did show that in only two result instances did the M1 Garand have a smaller grouping than that of even the 8mm Mauser you so succinctly pointed out was the standard WWII German weapon. All the other information was pretty much as I expected concerning the muzzle velocities at various distances from the bbl. I could, with effort go back to my notes and manuals to find the information (difficult since they could be in any of three locations and untold number of boxes) on most common calibers in current use. Yes, I picked the wrong bullet size. Since my memory is not perfect and I have not worked as a gunsmith, nor sold guns to anyone in more than 20 years, errors happen. So before you deride someone for trying to teach his Grandmother to suck eggs, you should find out if he is an old egg-sucker himself. This, of course, does not address the issue of how the weapons work in SPWaW. The bazooka issue is of interest to me, and I am not familier with military ordinance. (They wouldn't let me sell that to the tribes.) Since three shots in the game effectively took out three vehicles and the fourth immobilized a Tiger, it is of a lot of interest. I was a bit stunned by the bazook's 98% accuracy on the first shot at 200 yds, when my own Panzerfaust at one-hex range missed at 50%. I don't have a problen with the Pen numbers; all the AT weapons seem to do what the were designed to do against targets with the same generation introduction dates. i just didn't think wire-guides were developed until recently... There is a disparity there, as in other places and weapons. I'll live with it (or my units will die with it) and be greatful for the fact that my Tigers will crush all that crosses their path. Muawhahaha. [ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Challenge ]

Challenge

War is unhealthy for die-stamped cardboard and other paper products.

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 35
- 2/6/2002 11:55:00 AM   
Richard Harris

Be careful about teaching Grandma to suck '7mm' (Spanish?!) Mauser eggs indeed, lest ye be teaching her to suck '66mm' bazooka rounds as well Ammo.
66mm? I assume that was a typo and you meant 60mm, i.e. 2.36"... Must be Murphey's LAW striking eh?

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI