Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie graphic mod question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Newbie graphic mod question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie graphic mod question - 8/11/2004 8:13:56 AM   
witpit

after some putzing around, I figured out how to add BMPs of planes if I want to add my own mods (ex: BMP 30 for G8N1 Renzan).....

I modified the G4M2 BMP to use temporarily for Renzan, but when the battle screen comes up there is this ugly black box around the plane....I tried to cut to shape and paste transparently with no good results.....

H-E-L-P ?

I've tried using Paint, Photdraw 2000 V2, and Irfanview.....I don't want to spend $$ just for this (and I won't....I can live with it, just want to make it beter)

thx

WITP IT....WITP IT GOOD!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie graphic mod question - 8/11/2004 10:57:58 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello...

The Paint program that comes with Windows has always worked fine for me. Don't know what your problem is. Could be that you did not modify jptop_alpha.bmp, the alpha file, in addition to jptop.bmp. The aircraft are treated sort of like icons in the program (as opposed to bitmaps) and need the alpha image.

Hope this Helps...

Michael Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpit

after some putzing around, I figured out how to add BMPs of planes if I want to add my own mods (ex: BMP 30 for G8N1 Renzan).....

I modified the G4M2 BMP to use temporarily for Renzan, but when the battle screen comes up there is this ugly black box around the plane....I tried to cut to shape and paste transparently with no good results.....

H-E-L-P ?

I've tried using Paint, Photdraw 2000 V2, and Irfanview.....I don't want to spend $$ just for this (and I won't....I can live with it, just want to make it beter)

thx

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie graphic mod question - 8/11/2004 6:16:20 PM   
Tankerace

For all my graphic mods (Allied Upgrade OOB Mod, Allied Ship arts vol 1 and 2, and my current War Plan Orange) I just use MS Paint that came with Windows. It ain't flashy, but she works.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Newbie graphic mod question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI