Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EiA map and minor corps

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> EiA map and minor corps Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EiA map and minor corps - 8/10/2004 3:14:08 PM   
fjbn

I have seen the screenshots and they represent a complete variation in comparison with the original EiA map. This is important because some minors have corps. For example. In original EiA Piedmont has two corps and three areas. I think now they are Saboya, Genova an Piedmont. What happens whith the corps?
Post #: 1
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/10/2004 3:43:32 PM   
Marshall Ellis

fjbn:

Good question! Don't remember how we did this??? Hang on...

OK, well looks like we have a corps for Piedmont but not the others??? We'll probably add another corps to Piedmont.

Thanks for heads-up!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to fjbn)
Post #: 2
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/10/2004 3:56:32 PM   
fjbn

In fact, some minor cops are very important and are the keys of your strategy. For example, Sweden, Hesse or Lombardy corps, with good morale. But if Piedmont are now smaller, it will be more difficult to implement two corps.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/10/2004 7:22:20 PM   
pfnognoff

If I'm not mistaken your map was modeled against EiH map and not the original. I don't have EiH OOB with me right now, but you should check that you add all EiH minors corps if you have EiH map.

Post #: 4
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/10/2004 9:28:48 PM   
fjbn

You´re right. Unfortunately, I can´t download minor OOB from EiH web. Anyway, if you take EiH OOB you must have in mind that the OOB changes, it depends of the year.

(in reply to pfnognoff)
Post #: 5
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/10/2004 9:51:40 PM   
NeverMan

So the EiA map is really the EiH map??

That sucks. Why is this game being called Empires in Arms again?? And not Empires in Harms? Personally (as I have probably stated too much) I don't care for EiH.

It makes no sense to make EiH options but then model the only map for the game after it. Just bad design and planning.

(in reply to fjbn)
Post #: 6
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/11/2004 1:44:18 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Neverman:

I hear ya loud and clear and we've talked about a tradtional map being added later! This map decision was made a long time ago and frankly, may be a little too far down the road to change right now.

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 7
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/11/2004 2:49:36 AM   
shanebosky

EIH was an evolution and improvement of an already great game. Good job with the design and planning, Marshal. Please continue.

Post #: 8
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/11/2004 11:46:53 AM   
fjbn

Of course you are right saying that Empires in Harm was a development from EiA based on game experience. For example, many people says that EiH naval rules makes impossible to defeat Royal Navy, buy I think that they are closer to reality that EiA naval rules.
When I introduced this topic my idea was that variations in map means that minors corps would have to vary from EiA, and Unfortunately I can´t download minors OOB from EiH web.

(in reply to shanebosky)
Post #: 9
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/11/2004 10:58:31 PM   
Treasure

Hi,
To get access to the EiH minor OOB file (or any other EiH files), they are located in the files section of the EiH Yahoo Group. There simply isn't room to put them on the same server at the EiH site.
Regretfully, due to spammers, I have turned on "approval required" for group membership, and Yahoo won't let you access the files section without being a member of the group. However, if you want the files, join the group (I normally approve attempts to join the group within a day), and access the files. If that is all you are interested in, you can then unsubscribe from the group.
Mt

(in reply to fjbn)
Post #: 10
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/12/2004 5:25:54 AM   
Mark Breed

Marshall,

Glad to hear that there are options considered for future release to make the game after the true EiA. My fellow EiA players and I are also of the category that loves EiA and do not think highly of EiH. So, please do go forward with the options to make it more faithful to the original.

Regards,
Mark

Post #: 11
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/12/2004 7:48:54 PM   
Titi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Breed

Marshall,

Glad to hear that there are options considered for future release to make the game after the true EiA. My fellow EiA players and I are also of the category that loves EiA and do not think highly of EiH. So, please do go forward with the options to make it more faithful to the original.

Regards,
Mark

I second you on the love of EiA. I can't judge for EiH having never played it nor finished reading the rules. But i'm highly suspicious about any try to change the rules that can unbalance the game for the bad reasing of adding some chrome.
What has been playtested and liked by many is EiA, not EiH and with all respect Michael Treasure deserve, what i want to see is a computer version of EiA, not EiH.

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 12
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/12/2004 8:20:45 PM   
fjbn

I prefer EiA to EiH too, but to be honest, I'm more interested in the game now, no matter if it is EiA, EiH or a mixture, with the possibility of a later patch based on playtest feedback from the user, that waiting in vain. I mean, I play EiA with Cyberboard, and games are too long. This make things simpler and quicker, and that's what I want.

(in reply to Titi)
Post #: 13
RE: EiA map and minor corps - 8/12/2004 9:36:04 PM   
Nordiska

Yes any form the game would be great now. I for one hope their are many options on the start screen (both EIA and EIH) to choose from.

(in reply to fjbn)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> EiA map and minor corps Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI