Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hard Drive Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hard Drive Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hard Drive Crash - 2/1/2002 8:25:00 PM   
jackssn

Hi all I'm currently trying to recover from a hard drive crash and have to reinstall the 3 MC and the version 7 of the software. I can't seem to get version 7 to load. What I'm I doing wrong? I tried to download from Matrix but I'm getting connection refused when I try.
Thanks in advance

Post #: 1
- 2/1/2002 8:36:00 PM   
Mikimoto

quote:

Originally posted by jackssn:
Hi all I'm currently trying to recover from a hard drive crash and have to reinstall the 3 MC and the version 7 of the software. I can't seem to get version 7 to load. What I'm I doing wrong? I tried to download from Matrix but I'm getting connection refused when I try.
Thanks in advance

Hi Jackssn. You say that you have the three MC disks. Inside MC-Lost Victories CD there is Spwaw version 7.0. You can install from the CD, You don't need to download it again, then.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to jackssn)
Post #: 2
- 2/1/2002 8:37:00 PM   
Supervisor

Your installing fresh so this is easy, install Mega Desert Fox first followed by MC Watchtower, followed by MC LV, make sure you install LV last because there is an updated Norway OOB that would have been over written by other versions. Of course Desert Fox doesn't give choice on how to install but with MC WT install full and same with MC LV this installs both SPWAW ver 7.0 and the Megas from each CD. If you had chosen only to upgrade/update this would only import the Mega into you existing version of SPWAW without updating SPWAW itself. After completion check for any nested directories and move files to their proper folders and delete and extras after moving accordingly. Lastly get necessary updates for Desert Fox, Watchtower and the 7.1 beta for Lost Victories and you'll be up to date. Desert Fox and Watchtower updates can be found here The Armor Site as for beta 7.1 to fix sync issue in Lost Victories you can email Paul V or myself or post and any of the beta group will be happy to send it to you. As miki stated if you have the Mega CD's (especially Desert Fox & Lost Victories) full versions are built in just follow my install instruction and you won't have to download any thing from Matrix, just the small patches that aren't on the Matrix server. Good luck, let us know how things go. [ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to jackssn)
Post #: 3
- 2/1/2002 8:42:00 PM   
Larry Holt

The Matrix FTP server is down & that is why you get a connection refused message

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to jackssn)
Post #: 4
- 2/1/2002 8:58:00 PM   
jackssn

Thanks for the quick response. I've reloaded all 3 but the system still shows vers 5.1. What should I do next. Btb wt install completed no problem, followed by lv with no problems. Both were installed with the vers 7 option.

(in reply to jackssn)
Post #: 5
- 2/1/2002 9:12:00 PM   
Supervisor

Just to double check you installed Desert Fox first correct. Look for the nested directories as I suggested this is usually the biggest problem. Also you can delete the mech.exe file in the MatrixGames/SPWAW folder and install LV full again this will insure that the mech.exe gets updated and not accidently bypassed during the install. [ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to jackssn)
Post #: 6
- 2/2/2002 5:37:00 AM   
jackssn

The last clue was the one I needed. Once I got rid of the mech.exe everything when great. Thanks to all for the answers.

(in reply to jackssn)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hard Drive Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI