Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Odd random 7.0 bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Odd random 7.0 bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Odd random 7.0 bug - 2/2/2002 4:52:00 AM   
Fuerte

This happened in the last game I played when I viewed the recording: 1. Enemy "Char-B1 bis" tank at hex 62,15 fired at my Crewmen at hex 59,19.
2. Smoke (or something) popped at hex 0,2, where there are nobody nearby.
3. Enemy "Char-B1 bis" at hex 62,15 fired again at my Crewmen at hex 59,19.
4. Smoke (or something) popped again at hex 0,2. I have never seen this behaviour before, so I thought that I should mention it. In this game the usual old bugs happened as well...
a) Targetted victory hexes after pressing T, also pressing N after T targetted sometimes the same unit twice.
b) Had to click twice on recon units to get the real movement range.
c) Had to exchange passwords in the end of game. This is really annoying, even if there is a workaround.

Post #: 1
- 2/2/2002 6:51:00 AM   
Redleg

Actually, this is a bug that goes back to before SPWAW came along. Certain guns will fire a second round off at an angle under some conditions. Very common with mortars and artillery pieces direct-firing at relatively short range. Also seen while firing smoke rounds at short range. I saw this one several times today.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 2
- 2/2/2002 7:57:00 AM   
chief

Redleg were u playing Operation Sealion by Ubertechie when you saw those mortar rounds going off at an angle ????

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 3
- 2/2/2002 10:16:00 AM   
bchapman

quote:

Redleg were u playing Operation Sealion by Ubertechie when you saw those mortar rounds going off at an angle ????

I saw the same thing in a PBEM game the other day.
quote:

In this game the usual old bugs happened as well...
a) Targetted victory hexes after pressing T, also pressing N after T targetted sometimes the same unit twice.
b) Had to click twice on recon units to get the real movement range.
c) Had to exchange passwords in the end of game. This is really annoying, even if there is a workaround.

I've seen these also. What is the workaround for the password at the end of game?
Thanks,
Rebelbug

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 4
- 2/2/2002 10:07:00 PM   
Fuerte2

quote:

Originally posted by bchapman:
What is the workaround for the password at the end of game?
Use PBEM Helper. First generate a totally random password in it, and then use Ctrl+Shift+P to enter the password in SPWAW. In the end of the game send the password to your opponent (it is in clipboard). This is secure because you will never use the same password twice, and you don't have to worry about revealing passwords. This is clumsy but it works.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 5
- 2/3/2002 4:16:00 AM   
bchapman

Thanks Fuerte2. This has always been a sore spot with me. Now I can solve the problem.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 6
- 2/10/2002 6:36:00 AM   
Fuerte

We are now playing a new game, and the replay problem happened again. When enemy recon unit fired at my unit, the firing happened in totally wrong hex. This seems to be a new bug in 7.0, never seen this behaviour before.

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 7
- 2/13/2002 1:24:00 AM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Redleg:
Actually, this is a bug that goes back to before SPWAW came along. Certain guns will fire a second round off at an angle under some conditions. Very common with mortars and artillery pieces direct-firing at relatively short range. Also seen while firing smoke rounds at short range. I saw this one several times today.
I think this usually happens when the weapon is in the second slot, I've seen it using the mortar carring LCM's

(in reply to Fuerte)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Odd random 7.0 bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI