Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) - 8/13/2004 5:19:33 AM   
witpit

i used the database editor to create a new factory to build jet engines.....to test, I made available right away, but its not coming up on game screens.

I can go around the problem because it seems that Ishikawajima (say that fast five times!) doesn't build engines for many useful planes...and I was informed that Ishikawajima made the Ne-20s that were used in the Kikka......this will make it easy for me to simply use this (or maybe turn Nissan into "Ishikawajima jet" or somehting)....

...but I still wonder why I can't make a new type of engine through the editor....

....paging mike wood?

thx

WITP IT....WITP IT GOOD!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) - 8/13/2004 8:15:42 AM   
pad152

Aircraft engines are just a device type, there is no jet or prop engine types. They are just used as a requirement for aircraft production.

< Message edited by pad152 -- 8/13/2004 6:16:05 AM >

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 2
RE: I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) - 8/13/2004 1:25:41 PM   
tanjman

witpit,

Note: In order to create a new scenario you need to open a scenario (example scenario 15) with both the scenario editor and the database editor and save it to a slot > 20.

In order to add your new engine factory you need to do the following:

Use the database editor to do the following.

1) Create the engine in devices using an empty slot from 236 to 256 (read the editor manual for why certain slots should be used).

2) In locations locate the city you want the engine factory to be located in. See #343 Nagoya as an example. Select an empty weapon slot and change the dev# to match that of the new engine and enter the number that will be produced per month.

3) Save your scenario.

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpit

i used the database editor to create a new factory to build jet engines.....to test, I made available right away, but its not coming up on game screens.

I can go around the problem because it seems that Ishikawajima (say that fast five times!) doesn't build engines for many useful planes...and I was informed that Ishikawajima made the Ne-20s that were used in the Kikka......this will make it easy for me to simply use this (or maybe turn Nissan into "Ishikawajima jet" or somehting)....

...but I still wonder why I can't make a new type of engine through the editor....

....paging mike wood?

thx

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 3
RE: I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) - 8/13/2004 5:33:25 PM   
freeboy

You need to also create the airframe, plane, and give it the charactoristics you wish for..

(in reply to tanjman)
Post #: 4
RE: I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) - 8/13/2004 6:07:30 PM   
witpit

thx tanjman!

I did not know number 2 from your last mesage....that helps! Sorry for cluttering up the boards.....I always try to fix problem on my own b4 asking. I do a word search, but often can't find much.

(in reply to tanjman)
Post #: 5
RE: I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) - 8/13/2004 6:09:26 PM   
witpit

I've got the Kikka lined up for this....also might put in the J8 Sushi (spelling?)

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 6
RE: I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) - 8/13/2004 6:12:49 PM   
witpit

I just wanted to have a separate engine for the jet fighters/bombers....didn't seem right to give them generic Nakajima or Ishikamajawa (whatever it is) engines.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 7
RE: I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) - 8/13/2004 11:21:38 PM   
tanjman

witpit,

No problem, glad I was able to help. Good luck with your OOB mods.

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to witpit)
Post #: 8
RE: I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) - 8/13/2004 11:52:00 PM   
witpit

very interesting

After looking at the editor.....

NONE of the japanese planes use the Ishikawajima engine (in game anyway)

This means that thos Japanese jet fanatics like myself CAN and SHOULD use the Ishikawajima engines in their jets....perhaps this is why it was included! Maybe they were going to include jets, or perhaps planned on using jets at one point....IIRC, old ads of the game advertised that the game would last until June, not end of March.....

.....saves a mod spot, anyway

(in reply to tanjman)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> I would like to make jet engines - but can't (yet) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI