Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

25th USA/C division vanished

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> 25th USA/C division vanished Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
25th USA/C division vanished - 8/14/2004 12:34:43 PM   
rkr

Well, I took Iwo Jima against AI in april 42. Combat units involved were 2 section of 25th infantry division, B and C sections. Both were onboard the same TF with several engineer units. I got several messages about 25th USA/C subunits combining during unload (during several turns). When the transport TF was empty 25th USA/C had vanished. It's not available in land units list or in reinforcements list. Also the 25th/B is the same size as it used to be. 25th/C did not appear at Iwo during unload phase either. Looks like a bug to me.

If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!
Post #: 1
RE: 25th USA/C division vanished - 8/14/2004 1:22:47 PM   
DJAndrews

I reported a similar occurence back in early July and sent in saves of the problem.

In my case, parts of two regiments FT'd into a small atoll, captured it and then disappeared. Their assualt value showed up at the captured base but the troops were gone. The Japanese units who had retreated also disappeared a turn later. The remainder of the two regiments, which had been following in slower transports eventually reached the base and when they landed, they also disappeared.

Caution: This event happened about mid July in the Mariannas Scenario (which runs June to Sept). The game eventually locked up on game date August 25. It would not process that turn, no matter how it was input. It always stopped shortly after an on screen message saying that it was merging units. I'd think twice about investing further time in that particular game as it may crap out at any time.

As I said saves were forwarded a long time ago but there has been no response, so I assume the problem has not been fixed. I recal at least one other thread in which essentially the same thing occurred.

(in reply to rkr)
Post #: 2
RE: 25th USA/C division vanished - 8/14/2004 9:05:35 PM   
joey

I also had a similar occurance, but in the opposite direction. I picked up the 153 RCT from Alaska and transported it to PM. I then walked it to Buna. In Buna, it and other units fought IJA and IJN units. After the combat, another 153 RCT reappeared in Alaska. These are not subunits (/XX). These are both the same parent unit. I tried to merge the two units since they are duplicates of each other. I loaded the Alaska unit on Transports and moved it to PM. Once in PM, the unit disappeared and reappeared in Alaska the next day. So I still have two complete 153 RCTs.

(in reply to rkr)
Post #: 3
RE: 25th USA/C division vanished - 8/14/2004 10:40:13 PM   
rkr

Seems like this could be a killer for the game if things go as DJAndrews forecasts. I really hope this will get fixed. I was planning to use one of the subunits to take bonin island. Losing 1/3rd of a division doesn't spoil the game, but getting reinforcements from west coast takes time and if this causes playability problems later it's too bad. The AI has been quite lame and I suppose the game is pretty much done by early 43. It's just that transferring units takes a loong time and losing half your combat power at the hot area due to a bug really throws off my schedule for planned next operations.

If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right!

(in reply to rkr)
Post #: 4
RE: 25th USA/C division vanished - 8/14/2004 11:30:29 PM   
BPRE

Hi rkr,

To give the guys a reasonable chance to know what to look for and if it might have been solved or not please give them a bit more info. If you check this thread by Mr Frag:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=646520

you'll see the basic info they need.
It's always good to try to run the same turn again from the previous save to see if you can repeat the fault. In that case they have a good chance of reproducing and solving it.

Regards
BPRE

(in reply to rkr)
Post #: 5
RE: 25th USA/C division vanished - 8/14/2004 11:33:14 PM   
kew

Last night I was loading three different very large infantry units at three different locations on the map. All three convoys showed as being almost full to capacity yet all three only showed a small fraction of the whole unit as being loaded on only one ship.

I told them all to unload their cargo and vola the whole units were back on land. Next turn the game played without any info being displayed expect for the combat phase. After that turn the game crashed on me.

Lucky for me I save before each and every turn.

Kurt

(in reply to rkr)
Post #: 6
RE: 25th USA/C division vanished - 8/15/2004 1:38:45 AM   
DJAndrews

When the problem first occurred in my game it was early July and therefore pre patch. I sent in the required information (about 8 saved files ranging frrom when the troops first disappeared until the game finally hung up and refused to continue).

Since I sent the files to Eric (matrix) just prior to the patch release there wouldn't have been time to deal with it in the last patch. Erik said he'd be passing the files on to his play testers, but I've heard nothing back and they may have decided that since the problem occurred pre patch it wasn't worth pursuing with the older files. You other chaps may wish to forward saved files of the problem which reflect post patch conditions.

(in reply to kew)
Post #: 7
RE: 25th USA/C division vanished - 8/15/2004 1:42:49 AM   
kew

I'm on v. 1.21

(in reply to DJAndrews)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> 25th USA/C division vanished Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI