Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allies of Germany

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Allies of Germany Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allies of Germany - 8/15/2004 7:08:33 PM   
robot

Im getting ready to start a new campaign Germany Eastern front. Will be using a Company of SS. Was wondering if any one could help me on who might be fighting with them there. Wanted to make a Company of one of there allies. The first battle or two will be against the poles. Was any of the other Axis nations with them there and who. My memory is shot and i cant for the life of me think of anyone but the Italians and Japan. The starting time for this campaign will be 1939. Any help you can give and if you know which would be a good nation to join them up with. Also most of the other battles will be against the Russians if this helps. I dont mind fudging some on history if this helps. Thank you

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/15/2004 8:25:33 PM   
Voriax

Robot, Slovaks were the only allies of Germany that were with them already in 1939. See: http://www.feldgrau.com/a-slovakia.html
Browsing the Feldgrau site will give you information of other allies and collaborators.

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/15/2004 8:51:37 PM   
Maciste

On the Eastern Front, when began the fight against Soviet Union, the allies of Germany were Italy (infantry, and only L6/40 light tanks as armor, if you wanna be historically accurate); Romanian army (almost infantry too) and Hungary (infantry, artillery and armor, though the Zrinyi I and the Turan III never went into production). Croatian and Slovakian soldiers fighted too alongside the germans, and you can browse some other nations to use their SS foreign legions (Holland, Denmark, Norway, Vichy France, Belgium and Italy). Note that the renegade russian troops commanded by Vlasov were never employed on Eastern Front... ¡but in Normandy! so you shouldn't buy russian units, unless you'd want to represent captured units lookalikes (those abandoned on battle).

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 3
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/15/2004 10:43:02 PM   
robot

Thanx Mciste think ill go with Hungarien and maybe some Croation. Thats what i needed tho thanx for fast reply.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to Maciste)
Post #: 4
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/16/2004 9:05:04 PM   
Yamashita

And of course the Finns from 41!

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/17/2004 12:16:54 AM   
Maciste

You're right, Yamashita, I forgot the Finns. Also we got the Spanish Blue Division and Bulgary... but I'm not sure if bulgarian forces did actually fought somewhere, for its King Boris II never declared war to Russia.

(in reply to Yamashita)
Post #: 6
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/17/2004 12:48:36 AM   
Voriax

Bulgarian troops fought mainly against Germans from 1944 onwards.

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Maciste)
Post #: 7
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/17/2004 8:27:40 PM   
Maciste

but until 1944 the were formally members of the Axis... ¿what did they did before? If not military, ¿what kind of support they gave to Axis powers?

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 8
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/17/2004 8:34:19 PM   
Poopyhead

In later years some of the actual Waffen SS units were made up of non-Germans. There was an Albanian unit and I believe some Lithuanians too. The Nazis also trained a group of Indians (not native Americans) to return to the sub-continent and start an insurrection. They infiltrated in through the middle east and actually started fighting the British. That might make a uniquely interesting sort of bizarro world campaign.

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 9
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/19/2004 7:27:40 AM   
MOTHER

Brandenbergers at the later stages of ww2 were all volunteers ,comprised from various countries as well as germans so thats a bit of "inhouse" differentiation from the regular troops.

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 10
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/23/2004 7:10:20 PM   
Gvaihir

Bulgarians only got themselves involved in the dismemberment of Yugoslavia and the butchering of the country. The occupied East and South Serbia (now known as Macedonia), but as far as the Eastern front is concerned they never sent troops officialy but some volontiers have been reported on the eastern front as espionage squads.
As '44 came along with the the roaring bear they found themselves overwhelmed and swiched sides... That was the full contribution of Bulgaria in WW II.

Gvaihir

Death of many is a tragedy, death of millions is a statistic... - Stalin

(in reply to MOTHER)
Post #: 11
RE: Allies of Germany - 8/24/2004 3:52:20 PM   
FNG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

In later years some of the actual Waffen SS units were made up of non-Germans. There was an Albanian unit and I believe some Lithuanians too. The Nazis also trained a group of Indians (not native Americans) to return to the sub-continent and start an insurrection. They infiltrated in through the middle east and actually started fighting the British. That might make a uniquely interesting sort of bizarro world campaign.

Also Dutch (largest non-German SS contingent), French, Croatian, Scandinavian, Ukrainian. Some nationalities had their own divisions - Charlemagne for the French, Wiking and Nordland for the Dutch & Scandinavians, etc. There was a small British SS unit, used mainly for attempting to recruit British POWs. IIRC some of the last units defending Berlin in 1945 were foreign SS units, who realised that they had no hope of survival if they surrendered.

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Allies of Germany Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI