Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flammpanzers are wicked!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Flammpanzers are wicked! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flammpanzers are wicked! - 2/6/2002 9:59:00 PM   
Omegaunit

Man what is up with the flammpanzers they are capable of destroying a tankodeschi unit in like one shot. I have had much success with the flammpanzers and flammwagens especially when my units run out of smoke grenades. but, Historically were they really that dangerous.

-// Enough with the arms of critique! it is time for the Critique of arms!!! //---
Post #: 1
- 2/6/2002 10:35:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I can see the concentrated arc of the flame would be VERY deadly. The tank holds lots of fuel and pumps it out readily. Anything caught in the flame would be killed. However, an infantry unit SHOULD be dispersed and only some of them should be caught in the flame. An inexperienced unit that bunched up would easily be destroyed. Remember that some of the losses are only wounded or those not hurt at all but helping the wounded or not hurt at all but shocked senseless.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 2
- 2/7/2002 12:56:00 AM   
Figmo

I've read a few books about Flamethrowing Tanks and you'd be surprised how little action they actually had because when they were seen coming most intellegent men either ran or gave up. The best to my knowledge was "Flamethrower" - written by a British Sub-alternate in a Crocadile -sp?. In one part he writes about seeing what he did - he needed some time off after that.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 3
- 2/7/2002 5:54:00 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I have that book and yes the guy was horrified by the tanks efficiency.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 4
- 2/8/2002 6:32:00 AM   
Commander Klank

Flame tanks are nasty. I fought a guy who bought over a dozen of them one time. Worst part of it was I had decided to use a standard 1941 Soviet infanrty force to defend with I'm sure HE enjoyed the game...LOL That's when I started insisting on games with unit rarity on. Once a player gets onto flametanks you have to restrict thier avalability. Theier as addictive as Tiger tanks for some guys, buncha SPWAW junkies

Commander Klank

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 5
- 2/9/2002 2:13:00 AM   
Capt Chris

Commander Klank: That sounds vaguely familiar. I just finished a PBEM game that was exactly the same as your scenario. He was the Germans and brought quite a few Flame Halftracks.
I was the Russians and brought a ton of infantry. He mowed my infantry down platoon by platoon, sometimes losing 4 platoons in a single turn. I surrendered by turn 12. Looks like I am going to be using your troop rarity suggestion.

Capt Chris

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 6
- 2/9/2002 4:19:00 AM   
richmonder

SPWaWjunkies - that is exactly what we are.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 7
- 2/9/2002 9:02:00 AM   
Dedas

Flamepanzers arent so dangerous if you are using your asbest-underwear! (and thats a fact...)

Glory to the brave

(in reply to Omegaunit)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Flammpanzers are wicked! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI