Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infochart

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Infochart Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infochart - 8/14/2004 6:15:13 PM   
Brausepaul

INFOCHART

As discussed in this thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/default.asp?URL=http%3A//www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp%3Fforumid%3D10%26p%3D2%26tmode%3D1%26smode%3D1

An info chart for submarine captains as for pilots with tonnage and/or ships sunk.

< Message edited by Brausepaul -- 8/14/2004 6:28:25 PM >

(in reply to ATCSMike)
Post #: 31
SIG INT/OP REPORT/COASTAL - 8/14/2004 7:14:55 PM   
BartM

SIG INT / OPERATIONAL REPORTS / COASTAL WATCHERS

In each of these three. give a clickable link you are taken to the area.

COASTAL WATCHERS

Would love to see a more detailed list like the OP REP and SIG INT with coastal watchers.
as well as a Clickable link to take you to the map location...

ALTERNATE COMBAT REPORT

Use the Black Circles on the map (This could be too much) where you can click on that circle to see the combat there. Best for Naval Combat, as LCU combat is pretty much straight-forward already. But for SUB and Carrier/Surface combat, would be nice to get as MUCH information as possible each tern

(in reply to Brausepaul)
Post #: 32
INTERFACE SCREEN - 8/14/2004 7:22:21 PM   
BartM

INTERFACE

Make the screens either adjustable for transparency in OPTIONS, or simply make them transparent to a degree to see the map as you create TF's or other functions when that huge BLOCK window appears and litterally stops you from planning moves.

(in reply to ATCSMike)
Post #: 33
RE: Sound improvements - 8/15/2004 12:43:02 AM   
2Stepper

Sound Effects improvements:

Take another walk through the SOUND directory in terms of quality. Currently, while MUCH improved over 1.0, and 1.20, there are at least 4 files (1221.sfx-1225.sfx) that are simply bad. They're excessively loud to the point of drowning out other sound. One more good dusting of the sound directory for improvements should be great all round.

Out here...

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)

(in reply to BartM)
Post #: 34
RE: Infochart - 8/15/2004 7:50:51 PM   
Umies|

Task force orders

I'd like the ability to have a ship captain pool, so that you could "promote" more skilled and experienced captains to bigger ships the same way you can set a commanding officer to a TF.

Did anyone mention a possibility to set few (even one would be great help) waypoints to a TF? In combat especially under enemy air threat it would make a huge difference.

(in reply to Brausepaul)
Post #: 35
RE: Infochart - 8/15/2004 9:59:56 PM   
Blackhorse

Bombardment Ammo Useage

Would like to see bombardment by capital ships use 2 ammo per round, instead of 6 -- six seems to be a carryover from PACWAR, when each bombardment represented 7 days, not 12 hours.

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Umies|)
Post #: 36
Waypoints - 8/15/2004 11:15:14 PM   
Pascal_slith

Waypoints for TF movement.

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 37
RE: Waypoints - 8/16/2004 3:54:40 AM   
BoerWar

Bomber Speciaization Tab

Would like to see a tab added where bombers are either naval specialized (naval,port), land specialzed (ground, airfield) or trained for both. Naval specialized bombers would have an experience level 20 lower than actual when conducting land attacks or vice versa. Units attempting to maintain training in both specialties would only have an experiance level 10 lower when conducting either type of attack. Only naval specialized bombers could carry torpedos. If player switches setting penalty could be reduced/increased by 1 a day thus taking 20 days to change specialization (ie. Naval specialized switches to land specialized - day one subtract one for naval attack/ subtract 19 for land attacks, day two subtract 2 for naval attacks/ subtract 18 for land attacks, and so on through day 20.)

Tracking location of parent units

Print location of parent unit on the display page of sub-units.

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 38
Command/Supply Indicator - 8/16/2004 6:42:17 AM   
pad152

Command/Supply Indicator

I would like to see some type of indication to tell if land and air are receiving benifits from command or supply rules.

Color Code:

Green - Air/LCU is receiving benifits from command HQ or supply.

Yellow - Air/LCU unit is not in command (no benifit from HQ).

Orange - Air/LCU unit is low on supplies.

Red - LCU is low on supplies and cut off.

< Message edited by pad152 -- 8/16/2004 4:44:23 AM >

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 39
Music - 8/16/2004 11:26:28 AM   
BartM

IN GAME MUSIC

Is it possible to add a few more songs in the mix ? (If your familiar with Age of Wonders at all, the music selection they had was really nice).

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 40
RE: Music - 8/16/2004 11:29:49 AM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

IN GAME MUSIC

Is it possible to add a few more songs in the mix ? (If your familiar with Age of Wonders at all, the music selection they had was really nice).

Why not just run your mp3 player? The sounds mix perfectly well. Mute the music in the game, quiet down the effects and let your songs play.

(in reply to BartM)
Post #: 41
RE: Music - 8/16/2004 11:32:32 AM   
Odin

GLOBAL Aircraft management.

I want to edit mission parameters for ALL aircraft of one type with ONE action, i dont like to switch from base to base and tell every single divebomber group to attack from 16.000 feet.

It will save me a good amount of time.

(in reply to BartM)
Post #: 42
Aircraft replacements... - 8/16/2004 4:34:48 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Here is idea from "Nikademus" about fixing aircraft replacements... I don't want that it gets lost...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

I was against player controlled production, unless it was a toggable option. The BTR comments only cemented my reasons behind it. Players will inevitably do the same thing with it. They will cancel the medicore or bad designs and focus exclusively (within reasons and player tested strategies) on the better aircraft ultimately creating uniform (and ahistorical) airforces. Germans will have masses of FW-190's, US will dispense with P-39 and P-40 in favor of P-38, F6F goes in favor of F4U. etc etc.

Now that i've posted enough to be flamed. Recall that i "did" say, i was against player controlled production unless it was a toggable option. Problem solved. Those who wish to fiddle, fiddle, those who dont...dont.

My idea, nay "solution" for all the ruckas regarding upgrades/downgrades was a simple restrictive system.

Japan: IJN groups can only upgrade/downgrade to IJN aircraft
IJA groups can only upgrade/downgrade to IJA aircraft

Further restrictions:

Fighter groups can only change to other types of fighter groups/Fighter-bombers
Bomber groups can only chage to other types of bomber groups.
(further: LBA to LBA only......Dive bomber to Dive bomber only, Torpedo bomber to torpedo bomber only)

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 43
RE: Database - 8/16/2004 4:39:08 PM   
ogrv643

An easier way to determen how much cargo space you need in a TF to transport one or more LCU's?

"The difference between a good and great officer is about ten seconds."
- Admiral Arleigh Burke

(in reply to ATCSMike)
Post #: 44
Idea how to slow building speed down (ENG units limit)... - 8/16/2004 4:39:41 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

IMHO, in WitP (same as in UV) players can do various things that are ahistorical and/or were practically impossible to do in WWII...

One such thing that bothers me much is speed of building up the bases (airbase/port) and fortifications because players can stack enormous number of ENG units into one HEX and, practically, build overnight.

So... to counter that I thought of very simple but effective solution!

Leo's suggestion of how to slow building speed down by limiting ENG unit stacking

Every HEX has SPS (Standard Potential Size) limiters (for both port and airbase size).

So... let's use combined numbers of SPS (for port and airbase size) as variable to limit the number of ENG squads able to work at one HEX at same time (note that single ENG vehicle represents 5 squads)!

Since SPS anyway means size we can elegantly use it to depict room available for ENG units to work!

I am sure that proper and well balanced formula can be devised for this to reflect historical building times and capabilities.

Privisory Example

Let's say there is HEX with "dot" (i.e. it is currently undeveloped with both port and airbase size of 0).

That HEX has SPS for port of 0 (meaning that biggest port build can be 3) and SPS for airbase of 2 (meaning that biggest airbase build can be 5).

This means that our limiting variable is 0 + 2 = 2 for that HEX.

If we agree that formula (purely speculative at this point since proper formula must be thought of carefully) means 30 ENG squads per variable this means that MAX number of ENG squads able to work at that HEX is 2 x 30 = 60 and that any excess of ENG units would not speed up the building at all because there simple isn't room for them to work!

And here is how "Nikademus" though this would be easier to accomplih (I agree with him 100%):

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

The issue is that a player can stack an infinate # of ENG units at a single base in order to ultra-accelerate base building. A similar comparison would be players who might try to create 100 ship air combat TF's in order to create so high a flak rating as to make them invulnerable to air attack (and this could be done in PacWar up to the size limit of the TF's)

WitP of course fixed that scenerio by introducing a "diminishing returns" rule for total AA. From the 16th ship onward, the AA value increase becomes less than the full stated value of the ship's AA component and so on and so on.

The suggestion is that a similar rule be applied to ENG units in that once a certain # of "engineers" is reached that they produce increasingly diminishing returns the higher above that # is reached. Players can still stack, they just wont get total value out of all those hundreds of diggers and their D8's

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 45
RE: Idea how to slow building speed down (ENG units lim... - 8/16/2004 5:00:24 PM   
Rainerle

hi,
I seem to have noticed that the: 'Set all (aircraft name) in this TF'
and the: 'Set all (aircraft type) in this TF' still don't seem to work !
Since UV got me to use those extensively I miss them.

The 'Set ... at base' seem to work well !

Respectfully

PS: Please fix the load cost calculations you can botch games with this !

Image brought to you by courtesy of Subchaser!

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 46
RE: Idea how to slow building speed down (ENG units lim... - 8/16/2004 6:52:42 PM   
BartM

quote:

quote:

IN GAME MUSIC

Why not just run your mp3 player? The sounds mix perfectly well. Mute the music in the game, quiet down the effects and let your songs play.

True, except with the problems of the past and 3rd party players, Im a little timid to add anything like that, my hearing isn't the best, so I don't strive to get the BEST players, windows media does fine hehe

but ya, can do that too,

(in reply to Rainerle)
Post #: 47
general comment - 8/16/2004 6:57:21 PM   
BartM

Great Idea Pad !

color coding would make things really organized, where to move what

(in reply to BartM)
Post #: 48
MAIN MAP - 8/16/2004 10:27:35 PM   
Wooglin

MAIN MAP

Toggle display air cover. Along the same lines as for the air superiority value displayed in the base information box, this would show the maximum patrol radius of all planes capable of Naval Search. Jap radius in red, Allied radius in blue. Only known opponent planes would have their patrol radius displayed.

(in reply to BartM)
Post #: 49
RE: MAIN MAP - 8/17/2004 12:12:08 AM   
UncleBuck

Set All of a Plane type to Mission woudl be great. I hate having to go to all of my Naval bobmers and tell them not to bomb that useless JP base that they sail by. I am not interested in pounding the Island base, I want them to only hunt for ships or rest. HTe times I want to attack a Land base with Naval aviation I can set them for it.

I woudl liekto see specialization. It was mentioned earlier. I woudl love to see teh ability to actually make up Black Cats. As it is now, they need exp. at 75 I beleive. I would also like to see a modification to morale loss when doign low level attacks on shippig. If you do a skip bomb attack on some transports with B-25's and take a few damaged planes but sink 6 Transports you should not lose Moral points.

UB

(in reply to Wooglin)
Post #: 50
AI improvement - 8/17/2004 2:17:38 AM   
Buck Beach

I know there's a snowballs chance in hell but what the hey. I play the Allied side against the AI.

Would like an AI that doesn't send it's TFs into an obvious enemy meat grinder air coverage. Example a Jap. supply and AP TF within easy reach of Singapore Torpedo Bombers without trying to neutralize the air base first or any supply and troop pickup/delievery convoys steaming through the middle of enemy teritorry.

Seriousily. can't the game be programed to recon such bases and attack in mass before sending these TFs to slaughter or recognize a route's obvious dangers. Maybe some sort of application that has a similiar response as a Human Controlled TF in a Retirement Permissible mode on to avoid spotted enemy carrier TFs or within reach of enemy air bases.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 51
More numbers! - 8/17/2004 3:40:14 AM   
bstarr

I'm a statistic nut. Would it be possible to have a page that gives a total of what has been lost in ground combat throughout the game. There's a listing for air and naval loses, but no such listing for the poor men in the foxholes.

. . . and remember, numbers are your friends.

(ps. that was supposed to be in reply to Kid. Sorry, I'm fairly new to this online computer thing. In fact, I just now officially put away my dice and cardboard counters. )

< Message edited by bstarr -- 8/17/2004 1:51:02 AM >

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 52
'nuther idear - 8/17/2004 3:48:17 AM   
bstarr

a warning marker letting you know if a factory did or did not produce anything the day before.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 53
Truk Question - 8/17/2004 8:02:33 AM   
Xargun

I'm wondering if in a future patch Truk shouldn't have repair yard x0 so the japanese player can expand if it he wished.. All I know about Truk was that it was a huge naval base for japan - their main base in the south pacific.. Should it have any repair yard ability ? Did it have any historically ?

Xargun

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 54
Suggestion - 8/17/2004 8:41:43 AM   
Panzer76

When selecting a unit, I dont want the to see their range as cicles, but as highlighted hexes. Why? The circles are "as the crow flies", ships does not fly.. and their path may be different than you thought it would be. The result being that your Bombardment TF is stranded out in the oacean because the target was inside the circle, but not within movment distance anyway.

Normal radius: bright blue/gree/whatever the ground colour is.
Extended: A bit darker.
Rest of map: darker still.

Just enough so I can see a differance. This is btw a de facto standard showing ranges for hex games, why WitP has not incooperated it I would be curious to know.

Airforce:

Would like the option (button) to tell my air group to avoid air combat. So I can put my bombers on naval attack and they wont go suicidal attacking ships in ports with CAPs or CVs.

Cheers,
Panzer

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 55
RE: Suggestion - 8/17/2004 8:47:25 AM   
Platoonist

quote:

I'm wondering if in a future patch Truk shouldn't have repair yard x0 so the japanese player can expand if it he wished.. All I know about Truk was that it was a huge naval base for japan - their main base in the south pacific.. Should it have any repair yard ability ? Did it have any historically ?

Found this tidbit about Truk on the web

Five airstrips and seaplane bases were built in Truk Lagoon, some initially as civilian facilities, and they were quickly converted to military use. As the war progressed, only minimal repair facilities, fortifications and defences were established and when the Japanese Army arrived en masse in January 1944, they considered the base was poorly equipped to defend itself.

Odd as it may seem Truk was never used as much more than a large naval anchorage.

(in reply to Panzer76)
Post #: 56
RE: Infochart - 8/17/2004 10:00:06 AM   
fbastos

DOOLITTLE RAID!

Make a carrier-based B-25 squadron available during one month only; if they manage to hit Tokyo, get some political points.

(in reply to Brausepaul)
Post #: 57
RE: Infochart - 8/17/2004 10:10:53 AM   
fbastos

BLIMPS!

Where are the blimps? I thought there were several dozen used by the US Navy for coastal patrol.

(in reply to Brausepaul)
Post #: 58
RE: Information/Order Screens - 8/17/2004 5:30:51 PM   
kayjay

INFORMATION SCREENS COMBAT REPORT

Make the the big rectangular screen that pops up when reporting combat results moveable(must) and sizeable (maybe) as is standard in Windows. When an interesting report comes up
the map centers over whats of intersest and the screen covers it up so you have to look really quick between refreshes or set the delay so slow that it takes forever to get thru all the trivail stuff.

Kevin

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 59
RE: Information/Order Screens - 8/17/2004 5:39:44 PM   
kayjay

INFORMATION SCREENS THAT POP UP DURING TURN EXECUTION
Allow ability to turn off all information screens and 'jump' animation that pop up and require a response during turn execution. There is nothing the player can do anyway! This would allow the turn to run all the way through. Capture the information scrolling down in the lower left hand in a .txt file time stamped with that turns execution date (actually I think this is done in the save game directory) and make it accessable from the top menu bar with a click so that it can be scrolled thru for review.

Kevin

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Infochart Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI